The Olympics

Quebecois

Anyone else getting excited? The opening ceremonies were today, but i don't really care about those. Can't wait for tomorrow when the real action begins.

I know some people consider the olympics to be just a bunch of pointless sports, but i enjoy it and am looking forward to events even outside of hockey.

GO CANADA GO

:can:

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love watching the Olympics, even outside of hockey. All the snowboarding events, the speed skating events and freestyle and aerial skiing are all great to watch.

Should watch the opening ceremonies though, even if you miss it all, the lighting of the torch has to be one of the most amazing things I've seen in my life. Italy did a great job with the Ceremonies IMO.

About the opening ceremonies.

I would feel bad to be one of the countries with less than 5 representatives there must have been at leas 4 or 5.

But the olympics are pretty good Aerial ski events are amazing.

About the opening ceremonies.

I would feel bad to be one of the countries with less than 5 representatives there must have been at leas 4 or 5.

But the olympics are pretty good Aerial ski events are amazing.

I know there was one country where the flag bearer was the only athlete. I can't remember which country it was though.

I know there was one country where the flag bearer was the only athlete. I can't remember which country it was though.

It was Kenya. The athlete got a good ovation from the crowd. I admire the guy too for being the only person representing his country.

Etiopia, Madagascar & Kenya have just one athlete at this olympics.

Pssh, no one cares about the US :P

(kidding, kidding. Goodwill to everyone and all that)

Anyone watch the Canada/Italy hockey game? We won 16-0. But damn, Italy has a really good goalie. Just, when your top 2 defensemen are 15 years old, that can cause some problems.

Wow 15 years old. That is insane.

The Olympics should not let Canadian women play those countires.

It is not as though playing Canada will make them better they should seperate Canada and the US to play eachother in a best of 7 series for the Gold. More people would be interested.

Wow 15 years old. That is insane.

The Olympics should not let Canadian women play those countires.

It is not as though playing Canada will make them better they should seperate Canada and the US to play eachother in a best of 7 series for the Gold. More people would be interested.

Canadian women's hockey team:

2GP-28GF-0GA

Ah, Daniel Goyette, our flag bearer. :D I can still remember the goal she scored against the Americans at the end of the 2nd to make it...2-2, I think. It was in the 2002 Gold Medal game.

And she works at the Home Depot just up the street from me. :)

I love the Winter Olympics, finally were we Austrians will win a couple of medals. :P

I hope that we'll already win the Downhill on Saturday, it will surely be an interesting race.

What a race, i realy loved this downhill competition. The last guy takes it all, i had a little laugh. Sorry Hannes he spoiled your fun!!

Holland is doing quite well, unfortunate CHad Hedrick beat Sven Kramer on the 5000 speed skating, but the women made it all good. Silver and Gold on the 3000 meter. 19 year old Wüst winning the gold.

4th on the medalrace.

I realy loved the halfpipe yesterday, good race by Shaun "flying tomato" White, the guy was amazing.

man, sorta have to feel bad for the italian women's hockey team. They seem to be getting a bit better, but they are simply too slow and seem to get confused a lot. Hopefully this helps the popularity of hockey in italy.

also, is it just me or do most of the women's team not understand dumping and clearing?

Go Canada Go!!!!! :king: :hockey: :king:

BECKIE SCOTT AND SARAH RENNER

SILVER MEDAL

CANADA

That was in the relay cross-country skiing or whatever it's called. Apparently it's a new event. So now Canada has 1 medal of each.

And the Canadian women nailed Sweden 8-1 in hockey. St Pierre finally allowed a goal. I watched the Finland-USA game and though the Americans are good, Canada is going to destroy them in the gold medla game.