The Olympics

Quebecois

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mama Mia! 5-1 Canada. Nice goal, Martin St-Louis.

Delayed penalty..

Euh, 6-1, Richards.

Think I'll stop typing now and just post the end result.

Bad play McCabe!! 6-2

Mama Mia! 5-1 Canada. Nice goal, Martin St-Louis.

Delayed penalty..

Euh, 6-1, Richards.

Think I'll stop typing now and just post the end result.

... yes! Finally came Air Canada speed :).

Nice 2nd Italian goal by Parco, BTW ...

Is that the pope on Muzatti's mask?

it said on the tv that one of the italians had played for long beach. Is there an habs ex-prospect on italia?

STRAZZABOSCO, CHITARRONI, TUZZOLINO, SIGNORETTI.. I don't think there's a Habs prospect on the roster.

By the way, Canada is outshooting Italy 50-16.

One thing about a Euro-Olympique, you Canadians/Americans will experience weird starting times for hockey games, like the rest of us far-flung Habs fans have already got used to!!!

Breakfast hockey for example.

Jaromir turn 34 years today. Congrats from his native Kladno :):)!

Jaromir_Jagr_01.jpg

... and pair of points against the German friends now, Jardo! :)

Game will start in 2-3 minutes. My prediction (like in Can-Ita match) will be 6-1 for us ;). Rucinsky & Lang with PPG tonite.

One thing about a Euro-Olympique, you Canadians/Americans will experience weird starting times for hockey games, like the rest of us far-flung Habs fans have already got used to!!!

Breakfast hockey for example.

I never bothered going to bed since the game started at 5 AM. I still haven't gotten any sleep, I've been up since 11 AM yesterday. :P

Ohh, Ohh, Ohh!!! Hasek is injured! Looks bad for him. Left knee problem or groins again, I think. Vokoun is ready to play.

For the rest of tournament maybe!!!

Bad news for Sens too. Emery is bad replacement for post-season games :(.

Edited by tommy9

1st Period Summary:

... 1-0 for Germany

... 2 of 9 czech shots hited a post (Rucinsky,Cajanek) :(:(

... two consecutive penalty for today's honoree Jaromir Jagr.

... Dominator stayed in goal just first 10 minutes. He left the ice due to groin injury. Last confirmation tells that he will be OK in few days :).

Edited by tommy9

Congrats tommy! First win for the czech rep. 4-1

... thanks! :)

But a little "Diet Coke" performance today. No matter. Important 2 points at beginning and obligatory goal for Jaromir :D. Germans playing pretty well, agressive today. And what about referee - no comment :(!! :)

Suomi played awesome today - great speed, very offencive. They could have won 8 or 9-0 but didn't play 100% in the 3rd.

The Czech game was awful to watch - Germany with 3 or 4 guys at the blueline, only playing defence. Heck, it might be sometimes successful but it's just disgusting to watch. :puke:

Germany with 3 or 4 guys at the blueline, only playing defence. Heck, it might be sometimes successful but it's just disgusting to watch. :puke:

Yeah, with 3-4 guys at the blueline, or even better, with 4-5 guys at the boards. Great assist from Vokoun on that first goal.

Latest news from team's medical crew. Not a groin or knee problems by Dom, but a stretched muscle injury on his right leg :(. He will visit Torino's Hospital for a magnetic resonance checkup during this evening.

Another problem is with our left winger Patrik Elias - intercostals injury! He will miss tomorrow's game with Switzerland :(. Rusty Olesz will replace him in 3rd line.