The Olympics

Quebecois

What a goal from Pavol Demitra :):). 1-0 Slovaks.

Kovalev's 3-metres wrist hit the post few minutes ago.

... wait .... 1-1 now. Pavel Datsyuk's backhand for 1-1 at the moment!

Up&down ice-hockey now :).

Wonderful 3-steps co-work -> Datsyuk-Kovalchuk-Kovalev -> 2-1 Russia! Kovy looks great tonite :)!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kovalev nailed someone.

Gaborik scores!!! 4-3 Slovakia!

And again! 5-3! Gaborik on the breakaway in the fianl minute of the game! RUSSIA LOSES!

That Datsyuk- Kovalchuk- Kovalev line is one awesome trio.

If Budaj is Slovakias' starter I don't like their chances. Is that Budaj-guy shaky, boy oh boy. Never liked those slovakian goalies.

Slovakia-Russia clash is already started. Avs Budaj in goal for our "brothers" nation in goal. My prediction 3-3 draw :). With some Satan or Svatos goals.

Almost right, only you forget about Gaborik. Damn what great speed on that last goal. The guy was awesome. Great match, i was realy thrilled.

Bad game for Zednik, 6 penalty mins if i counted right, and little offence from him. Markov and Kovalev not to good either. Loved the play from Afinogenov.

Gratz Tommy 4-1. Horrible game, but 2 points. Can't wait for the weekend. My favourite FInland plays your country.( The finland game wasn;t broadcasted in holland :()

Apparently, Canada won another medal in speed skaing if I understood right.

IMO, 7-2 is a bad ending for Canada. I was expecting atleast 8-0. And 2 goals!? Brodeur must be embarassed by that. Either way we won and won by a lot. I have to hand it to Italy for playing a very good game. The crowd is really making them play with their hearts.

Canada wins: check

Czechs win: check

USA loses: probable check

2.5/3.. good day for Olympic hockey. :)

Almost right, only you forget about Gaborik. Damn what great speed on that last goal. The guy was awesome. Great match, i was realy thrilled.

Bad game for Zednik, 6 penalty mins if i counted right, and little offence from him. Markov and Kovalev not to good either. Loved the play from Afinogenov.

Gratz Tommy 4-1. Horrible game, but 2 points. Can't wait for the weekend. My favourite FInland plays your country.( The finland game wasn;t broadcasted in holland :()

... Hi and full agreement with your words. A little unlucky loss for Russians.

And about our game, Germans plays man-to-man hockey against our both first lines. I was satisfied with our 4th "checking" line ... Erat-Cajánek-Bulis ... pretty well tempo and good timing in attacking zone :).

We'll see in Saturday versus Suomi, Jagr&Co will get more space for their play. For sure. :).

well, USA settles for the tie. USA looked disorganized through most of the affair. I attribute that to their difficulty getting to ITA and generally getting used to each other. They will be better in the rest of the tourny

That Datsyuk- Kovalchuk- Kovalev line is one awesome trio.

If Budaj is Slovakias' starter I don't like their chances. Is that Budaj-guy shaky, boy oh boy. Never liked those slovakian goalies.

What the crap is wrong with Budaj? He's been great all season. He'll be an NHL starter in a couple years. 20 saves on 23 shots is pretty good to me, especially when it's Russia.

Apparently, Canada won another medal in speed skaing if I understood right.

IMO, 7-2 is a bad ending for Canada. I was expecting atleast 8-0. And 2 goals!? Brodeur must be embarassed by that. Either way we won and won by a lot. I have to hand it to Italy for playing a very good game. The crowd is really making them play with their hearts.

Canada wins: check

Czechs win: check

USA loses: probable check

2.5/3.. good day for Olympic hockey. :)

That 2nd goal was way more McCabe's fault then Brodeur. Talk about out of position. The 1st one was just a really nice shot.

If we'd actually played in the 1st period, it would've been more anyway.

Kovalev, Russia Captain? That's cool!

Anyone can post today's Canada lines?

I'm probably wrong but:

Iginla-Sakic-Draper

Gagne-Thornton-Nash

Heatley-Lecavalier-St Louis

Richards-Doan-Bertuzzi

I'm decently sure that Draper is up on that first line and that that's the seonc dbut I made up the second. I'm pretty sure Vinny and St Louis are together but not with Richards and a bunch of stuff like that so these are more or less accurate. Don't ask about defence.

Just an update for everyone.

As of Feb 15th 2006 10:55 EST

G S B T R

1 United States 5 2 1 8 =3

2 Russian Fed. 4 3 2 9 2

3 Germany 4 2 2 8 =3

4 Austria 2 2 1 5 6

5 Sweden 2 0 1 3 =10

6 Norway 1 5 5 11 1

7 China 1 2 3 6 5

8 Netherlands 1 2 0 3 =10

9 Canada 1 1 2 4 =7

10 Korea 1 1 1 3 =10

11 Italy 1 0 3 4 =7

12 France 1 0 1 2 =13

13 Australia 1 0 0 1 =15

13 Estonia 1 0 0 1 =15

15 Finland 0 2 2 4 =7

16 Switzerland 0 1 1 2 =13

17 Bulgaria 0 1 0 1 =15

17 Croatia 0 1 0 1 =15

17 Czech Republic 0 1 0 1 =15

20 Latvia 0 0 1 1 =15

Gold

Silver

Bronze

Total

Rank

Edited by JMMR

I'm probably wrong but:

Iginla-Sakic-Draper

Gagne-Thornton-Nash

Heatley-Lecavalier-St Louis

Richards-Doan-Bertuzzi

I'm decently sure that Draper is up on that first line and that that's the seonc dbut I made up the second. I'm pretty sure Vinny and St Louis are together but not with Richards and a bunch of stuff like that so these are more or less accurate. Don't ask about defence.

Bertuzzi is playing with Iginla and Sakic. And Ryan Smyth played as well, we had 13 forwards dressed. I think it went something like

Iginla-Sakic-Bertuzzi

Heatley-Lecavalier-Nash/St.Louis

Gagne-Thornton-Richards/Nash

Doan-Draper-Smyth

The lines were getting jumbled around a lot during the game, Quinn was trying out different things. The only constant was the Iggy-Sakic-Tuzzi line and Heatley playing with Lecavalier.

I remember them mentioning that we dressed seven defensemen too.

Blake-Pronger

Redden-Foote

Bouwmeester-Regehr

McCabe

I know that St.Louis, Lecavelier and Heatley on the same line play.

Suisse - Czech on it's way. Suisse leading 1-0, and some great goaltending from Aebi.

Vokoun is giving up some big rebounds!

:):(

... I am here and waiting for some fair-minded comment :). We are too weak in central zone, too much bad passes and alibi-individual attempts. Much more giveaways as usual, than a lot of 2on1 or breakaway situations for Suisse team :(. Our play can be only better after this period.

A time lag problems is the reason maybe :). We'll see after second.