The Olympics

Quebecois

I just came home and saw a couple of minutes from the game. I dunno if the periods 2 and 3 will be broadcasted in dutch TV. EUrosport has Snowboarding, and german tv no hockey. During the day the dutch tv will probably broadcast some replays of the second and 3th period. Thats mine problem, hockey isnt big enough here. They switch from sport to sport, and don't show the whole game. Fingers crossed.

I hope czech gets better, the Suisse play with more energy, and don't make as many mistakes as the czech do. The goal was poor defending! Probably the Jetlag. But even with that jetlag they should win on talent:D.

NIce goal Jagr, that was poor defending by the Suisse!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game over. hats off Swiss friends. Aebi best man on ice. Good for Avs PO hopes. Habs Mark Streit with a GWG today. Most tragical PP-performance by our side since 1996 World Cup :(:(!

Lang invisible, Spacek in own zone tragical :(.

God save the Czech Soul :).

Huge day for Canada! We double up!

2 silvers

2 bronze

Change that Anouk Leblanc-Whatever's bronze is updated to silver

5-1 win over Germany

The Swedes get blown away by Russia. As a Finland lover i really like that. 2 times or so that the guy leaving the penalty box scores. Can't realy say what team is in favorite for the title. Think canada is not concentrated enough so they get goals against. But in the end they will be the best. I think Canada and Slovakia are making the best impression. (i havent seen Finland yet, no goal against is very nice, but playing against those 2 teams doenst say a thing)

You think so Russia? First game was not that good, ok maybe the Jetlag. And what i've seen from yesterday's game (sry i only saw a recap so i can't judge to good) is that they were very effective, but didnt play superb. Or did you see another game :P

I liked what I saw from Russia so far. I liked what I saw from Nabokov as well. He played solid and if Nabby keeps it up, with some improvement at the D-position, I like the chances of this team Russia. Speed kills! Boy oh boy, do I like that Datsyuk-Kovalchuk-Kovalev line.

So far?

Thats the Womens version of the "Miracle On Ice".

Sweden played great, Kim Martin especially. Ruggerio (sp?) has to be kicking herself after missing on her shot. They were really tight defensively on the PP in OT. Great game by the Swedes, that was fun to watch.

Canada gets another bronze in snowboarding which brings us to 9. It looks like we might get a medal in mens skeleton too.

SWEDEN V USA WOMENS IN SHOOTOUT FOR SEMIFINALS

SWEDEN WINS! 2-0 in Shootout

... Yep! Sorry for all U.S. friends, but good for women icehockey in whole world.

Thats will be a big impulse for our Czech women hockey too. We're on the way in top 6-7 among the European Teams now.

Swedish goalie Miss Martin :) would be the same as Lake Placid's Miracle in States for Sweden tonite.

Congrats and respect!! :)

"Every team has a chance to win, the Finns, the Swiss. You never know what is going to happen. It doesn't make winning it more difficult, just more interesting."

-Alex Kovalev

Canada adds a gold and silver in Men's Skeleton!

We almost swept the podium too, Paul Boehm finished 4/100ths of a second out of third.

Sick! We're up to 11! Canada's on fire with 7 medals in 2 days. I think we're up to 3rd place now.

Sick! We're up to 11! Canada's on fire with 7 medals in 2 days. I think we're up to 3rd place now.

Tied for 2nd with Germany and Russia actually. Only Norway has more medals then us :D

Unless you go by that whole points thing. Not sure where we are there.

Sick two days for Canada.

A sweep at the mens skeleton would have been awesome.

The Sweeds beating the US in womens hocke sure shut me up. I did not think that anyone would avan hold a flam to Canada and the US for the gold and silver. Guess I was wrong. This is a huge step foward for womens hockey.

I enjoyed the Kovalev quote very interesting that the Swiss and the Fins were the 2 teams he mentioned.

A 6-0 win over finland for Canada's women's team.

Charline Labonte stopped 17 shots for her second shutout of the tournament.

She made a key save early in the first period on an odd-man rush after a turnover in the offensive zone.

"I don't know if it's enough or not. Of course, I really wish I could get the final, but if I don't I'll be the No. 1 fan of Kim St. Pierre."

-Charline Labonté

Man, do I like Charline. Followed her since she got that start in the Q for le Titan in '99. Anyone from the Boisbriand-area here? Does anyone have her telephone number.. so that I can invite her to.. ;)

Go Canada go!