The Olympics

Quebecois

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! first against the czech and now against canada, the top 2 nations!!!!!!!

who would have thought? nobody in switzerland for sure especially after really bad preperation games...

FREE BEER FOR ME :D

At least this was the round robin. The American women were upset -- in all senses of the world-- in the semi-final. If anyone remembers Canada had a really shaky start in Salt Lake. They will rally and go for gold again :hockey:

The US ties it up, Rolston. Rolston is a left handed shooter, scoring from the left side, on Budaj's glove side. Just inside the blueline, a clear view. That's a bad goal! 1-1 after 2 periods.

I still think Sweden/USA was a bigger upset. The Americans didn't play like crap, taking stupid penatlies and everything. The talent level between the two teams is much larger then between Swiss and Canada. And the Swedes beat the Americans while they were at the top of their game.

I know I sound like some bitter, arrogant Canadian but we always play down to other countries. 1-1 tie with Germany anyone?

Canada beaten by Suisse? By shutout?

I wonder if the 3rd best scorer in the NHL so far this season (Eric Staal with 75 pts in 57 games) would have been able to help Canada's offense... or if Tanguay's 66 pts in 58 or Spezza's 59 in 43 could have done more to help than Bertuzzi's 53 or Doan's 41... or Draper's 16 pts.

You know where I'm going with this...

I think Team Canada's management was on cruise control all along. They had a list of 80 names, but for some weird reason, they've got about the same bunch of guys they had at the World Cup and at Salt Lake... and the coaching staff is entirely made of coaches who's respective NHL teams are all struggling this season.

Gretzky and Co. went to Torino apparently without second-guessing their evaluation of the current best players in the World. They've picked old familiar names even though those are not the elite of the world anymore.

So you get this: A seemingly harmless team takes advantage of a comatose giant and wins an upset victory.

1-0 for emerging hockey nations over the obsolete Canadian dinosaurs.

Finland has been the most consistent team in the tournament. They're now locked 1-1 with the Czechs. Jagr hurt his eye and isn't on the bench. Germans tied Italy 3-3 and no longer have any change of moving on. North Americans all lose.

SAKU KOIVU!!!!!!!!!!! 2-1 Finland.. Ahh... they change the goal to Lehtinen. Koivu isn't credited with an assist. Late 2nd period.

Canada beaten by Suisse? By shutout?

I wonder if the 3rd best scorer in the NHL so far this season (Eric Staal with 75 pts in 57 games) would have been able to help Canada's offense... or if Tanguay's 66 pts in 58 or Spezza's 59 in 43 could have done more to help than Bertuzzi's 53 or Doan's 41... or Draper's 16 pts.

You know where I'm going with this...

I think Team Canada's management was on cruise control all along. They had a list of 80 names, but for some weird reason, they've got about the same bunch of guys they had at the World Cup and at Salt Lake... and the coaching staff is entirely made of coaches who's respective NHL teams are all struggling this season.

Gretzky and Co. went to Torino apparently without second-guessing their evaluation of the current best players in the World. They've picked old familiar names even though those are not the elite of the world anymore.

So you get this: A seemingly harmless team takes advantage of a comatose giant and wins an upset victory.

1-0 for emerging hockey nations over the obsolete Canadian dinosaurs.

Someone finally mentions Mr.Tangs. THANK YOU!

Tanguay should be on Team Canada! :angry:

Oh my god at Zidlicky's shot. Makes it a 2-2 game.

That thing was a bullet... :o

what happened to Jagr? I just tuned in and saw him on the ground

Yes i just saw that check from Ruutu (i believe it was Jarkko), really hard and Jagr left the ice bleeding. Dunno if he's back yet. Great game so far!!

Edit: Goal 3-2 Selanne!!1

Another assist for Saku

haha:Ref checks a player!

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

How many assist does Koivu already has?

Koivu has 1 goal and 5 assists in 3 games. Tomorrow:Canada-Finland.

By the way, did you see saku's faceoff %

66,67% Not bad.

Koivu has 1 goal and 5 assists in 3 games. Tomorrow:Canada-Finland.

By the way, did you see saku's faceoff %

66,67% Not bad.

Yes they showed @ the end of the game how many face-offs each team won. The Finns won the bigtime, so Koivu had a great part in that. The Finns looked Solid. Very good defending, not many big chances by the czechs. I think Finland's best part is their defence. Mixed with that first line they are a good contender. My favourite team, but not the favourite for the gold medal i think.

Oh my God!!!

... its looks like we'll play with Canada for better than 4th place in our group :wacko:!

I talked about the "Lake Placid's Miracle" before the Tournament, but I suspected the Slovakians like a "black horses" only. The Swiss surprise is like from another World after their second big win today.

Hats off :).

... quarterfinal game Czech Rep. ver. Slovakia would be nice :P! ( ... and Canada - Russia too :):) )

Oh my God!!!

... its looks like we'll play with Canada for better than 4th place in our group :wacko:!

I talked about the "Lake Placid's Miracle" before the Tournament, but I suspected the Slovakians like a "black horses" only. The Swiss surprise is like from another World after their second big win today.

Hats off :).

... quarterfinal game Czech Rep. ver. Slovakia would be nice :P! ( ... and Canada - Russia too :):) )

Don't worry about us. We'll be fine. Unless we run into Finland.

What a dirty hit from Jarkko Ruutu on Jagr ... Jagr was nearly on his knees and Ruutu still skated to the boards and checked him head first into it. After that, he was laughing on the bench and waiving to the crowd - I hope that he gets a longer suspension, we don't need this Ruutu idiot in this tourney anymore. :puke:

BTW. The Suisse - Canada game was awesome. Pretty intensive and very physical on both sides - ah my, nice to see when Pat Quinn doesn't know what he has to do. *fg*