The Olympics

Quebecois

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great second goal. Irbe totally out of position, nice assist on that one-timer.

Talking about Avs'Goalies, Budaj is quite horrible. But i gotta give it up for Aebi. Played a great first game, but against the Germans he looks not as concentrated as in the first game. (but i know you want Jetsniper to reply on your post, the guy is quite hungry nowadays ;))

Big mistake by Andrei Markov, Latvia scoores the 2-1

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

For us Canadian fans, we need a better effort today. No more easing ourselves into a game - we have to set the tone from the moment the puck drops. Hopefully there was time for a short practice, and they're in better sync today. Two players who need to be MUCH better, in my opinion, are Pronger (poor decisions with the puck, passes into teammates skates), and Thornton (not moving his feet, not taking advantage of his size/strength).

Go Canada!

Congrats Dutchie. Another gold medal for the Dutch, gold for Timmer in the 1000 m speedskating event. Canadas' Cindy Klassen finished 2nd.

Nice PP goal Sweden. Samuelsson. Sweden up 2-1. The US need a point to get to the next round.

Edited by mathieu30

Gotta love how the competition level is significantly higher and more balanced now compared to Salt Lake City. Finland keeps building on its strong World Cup showing, the Swedes look like a totally different team with Lundqvist in nets, Fetisov & Bure seems to have given a new direction to Russians, Switzerland has 2 goalies who are World Class level so they can beat anyone now, Czechs are still one of the best hockey nations and Slovakia is gaining ground and are only one big goalie away from being as good as all others. Canada isnt worst, but could be better and all others are improving.

Its a great, great situation for hockey in general. Those countries who considered "3rd world" are starting to win ground. Hopefully soon enough you'll also start seeing emerging countries like Belarus, Latvia, Austria, Slovenia, Ukraine and etc. follow in Switzerland's path and peak its head in the top group, and give a little kick in the ass to nations who've been sleeping on their laurels for too long. A better overall World talent pool also means better, more intense and exciting NHL hockey.

Pwff, Canada down 2-0.

1-0 Fins. Saku Koivu fights off Pronger behind the net, feeds Teemu Selanne in front, and Selanne roofs it over Luongo's glove

2-0 Fins. Niko Kapanen

After seeing a couple of Russia games I think it's time to write a letter to Mr Gainey. Regarding his shopping. I would love to see Max Afinogenov in a Habs jersey. A little russian rocket. Great player. *dreaming out loud*

Teemu Selanne just made Rob Blake look like a..

Oh boy, a dream just came true! Charline Labonté will get the start tomorrow in the gold medal game against Sweden. Bonne chance Charline!

Go Canada go!

yep, still 2-0

10' left

The Finns are protecting the lead by jamming Canada up in the neutral zone and collapsing around their own net when Canada gets past the blueline.

PP finland

Canada - too old, too slow.

Imagine if Spezza, Phaneuf, and Staal were on this team. I suspect they would be able to score and keep up with the other teams.

Shame, really don't agree with Gretz on his strategy of keeping the same guys together until they lose from old age....

Have the Canadians ever been shutout in back to back games?

Canada PP

Flying start for the flying finns. 4 wins in 4 games. Canada gets shutout in back to back games.

"Every team has a chance to win, the Finns, the Swiss. You never know what is going to happen. It doesn't make winning it more difficult, just more interesting."

-Alex Kovalev

Captain Kovalev must have checked some teams' schedule ;)

Adding anyone different wouldn't make a difference. I'm interested to see what our pass completion % was because I don't think I saw us cleanly complete one. I almost want to put this on the coaching.

What exactly are Quinn's credentials to where he should be coaching Team Canada?

We stink.