The Olympics

Quebecois

Adding anyone different wouldn't make a difference. I'm interested to see what our pass completion % was because I don't think I saw us cleanly complete one. I almost want to put this on the coaching.

What exactly are Quinn's credentials to where he should be coaching Team Canada?

We stink.

Well, he won the gold at the last Olympics, and World Cup. Anyway, he's got help from some other top coaches.

I agree on the pass completion - the Canadians are out of sync. Although I think the coaches' credentials are OK, I agree it's possible that they did not react to the opposition play with, for example, a better way to clear their zone. They need to break out as a unit, not wait for the long passes that get easily picked off.

But the failure to play with some intensity (e.g. Koivu outworking Pronger on the first goal) has everything to do with the players.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Gretsky wants the youth to step up. How are they going to do that when they are not on the team. :)

He also talks about helping out Sakic (ie the youth). Well if Sakic can't hack it, why is he on the team? He picked all these vets for their leadership and experience, now he is blaming the young guys for not stepping up...

How about all of them pick it up!

After seeing a couple of Russia games I think it's time to write a letter to Mr Gainey. Regarding his shopping. I would love to see Max Afinogenov in a Habs jersey. A little russian rocket. Great player. *dreaming out loud*

I noticed that also, gotta love Maxim. His play is so much fun to watch, great energy, and so good with the puck. I love his actions. Beside Malkin and Ovechkin he's the guy having a great tourney, can't find words for it. But he really stands out of the russian team(and he's not mister big star).

Now Gretsky wants the youth to step up. How are they going to do that when they are not on the team. :)

He also talks about helping out Sakic (ie the youth). Well if Sakic can't hack it, why is he on the team? He picked all these vets for their leadership and experience, now he is blaming the young guys for not stepping up...

How about all of them pick it up!

He never said Sakic wasn't playing well, he said he needs some help. It's like he pointed out, Gagne, Iginla, Brewer, Jovo...they all really picked their game up. He just wants guys like Bouwmeester, Regehr, Heatley and Richards to pick their game up. He said the entire team has been lackluster but he wasn't blaming it on anyone.

You're right though, the entire team needs to start playing at another level.

Well i think it's time the men got their act together. Hopefully they follow the lead of the women.

I expect a pretty fired up team for tomorrow's game, and i know it doesn't actually matter, but heading into the medal round on a 3 game losing streak would be devastating to the psyche of the team (or what's left of it).

Well i think it's time the men got their act together. Hopefully they follow the lead of the women.

I expect a pretty fired up team for tomorrow's game, and i know it doesn't actually matter, but heading into the medal round on a 3 game losing streak would be devastating to the psyche of the team (or what's left of it).

If they lose, they'd also be facing Slovakia or Russia in the quarter-finals, something I think they'd like to avoid.

Good to see Canada win in hockey, but these 4th place finishes are killing me. Another one today in women's bobsled. We've had so many close calls at Bronze and although we are doing quite well, we could be up near the lead if just a few of those 4ths had of been 3rds.

What's the deal with Bryant Gumbal? I missed the 1st part of Prime Time Sports. He made some comment that he doesn't watch the winter games since there's no black athletes?

He can't be paying too much attention then. Didn't a black American win a medal in speed skating the other day? And what about the famous Jamaican bobsled team?

He can't be paying too much attention then. Didn't a black American win a medal in speed skating the other day? And what about the famous Jamaican bobsled team?

Yeah there are a lot off dark athletes, shortsighted.

THe guy in the CAnada the 2-man-Bob, winning Silver. Shawne Davis on speedskating (gold on the 1000/silver on the 1500). And don't forget the guy from Etiopië in the crosscountry :D. Dreadlock Holiday!!!

wow !! it's nice to see an athlete having so much success at that level. the best is that it'S not even over for her

she has a chance at the 5000 meters.

way to go CINDY, you'Re the best :can:

Unfortunate only the 3rd period was broadcasted on Eurosport, but i enjoyed the match. A lot of tension, especially when USA made it 4-3. But it's nice to see Finland make it to the Semi's!

Holland ads some bronze on the 1500 speedskating women. 19 year old Wüst takes bronze after het 3000 meter Gold! Good race, i really enjoyed the Canadian women, what a race. Klassen realy deserves it!

Any updates or comments on the action in the Canada-Russia game are appreciated!

0-0 after 1.

Gagne out after a Kasparaitis hip check.

Bertuzzi in the box for diving.

2nd period underway.

Gagne's back!

Tuytin made a weird D-play on a Russia PP leading to a canadian 2 on 1. No goal.

Still 0-0 2' left in the second.

Kovalev is making some canadian friends ;)

Some good canadian pressure at the end of the second on the PP.

Still scoreless at the end of the second period.