The Olympics

Quebecois

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Cindy Klassen just picked up her 5th medal at these Olympics. Bronze in the 5000m speedskating event. Gold for another canadian: Clara Hughes.

Wow, Cindy Klassen just picked up her 5th medal at these Olympics. Bronze in the 5000m speedskating event. Gold for another canadian: Clara Hughes.

Simply incredible. So that's what, 22 medals for Canada? Pretty good if you ask me. Huge kudos to Klassen though, I still can't believe that. Did she set a new Olympic record? Or just for Canada?

Congrats Tommy, BtH. Czech Republic wins the bronze medal.

Too bad, no medal for Russia.

Markov and Kovalev both looked great throughout the entire tournament.

Get on that plane boys, we have a game on tuesday..

Congrats Tommy, BtH. Czech Republic wins the bronze medal.

Too bad, no medal for Russia.

Markov and Kovalev both looked great throughout the entire tournament.

Get on that plane boys, we have a game on tuesday..

Thanks! Better a bronze medal than nothing :P.

Not a bad result without injured Hasek, Prucha, Elias and other problems, finally.

We need a change of our hockey generation. Our team would be "under construction" in few following years, but with players like Tomas Kaberle, Jiri Fisher (after his return), Radek Martínek, Patrik Elias, Martin Havlát, Petr Cajánek, Josef Vasícek or Marek Zidlicky with Predators team-mate Tomas Vokoun as a "new" team leaders + some clever and good skilled youngsters like Prucha, Olesz, Kotalík, Michálek brothers, Klesla, Pleky (;)) or Hudler - they'll be all ready for the upcoming big tournaments! :)

All in all a great olympics for team Canada. Very nice to see Clara Hughes win the gold today after basically accomplishing everything else an olympian can accomplish (2 bronze medals in cycling, 1 bronze and a silver in speedskating before the gold today).

Going into these games i really didn't see how we were going to win the medal race in 2010, which is what the COC has set out to do. Now im pretty hopeful that we can pull it off. If you look at all the 4th place finishes Canada had, we could have easily won these olympics with a little luck.

Yes indeed. Canada struggles only in one major area now and that is skiing if Canada could steal a few medals from Norway and Germany in that category that would be huge for Canada who only has 3 medals in skiing while Germany and Norway each have 18.

Yes indeed. Canada struggles only in one major area now and that is skiing if Canada could steal a few medals from Norway and Germany in that category that would be huge for Canada who only has 3 medals in skiing while Germany and Norway each have 18.

Germany is nothing in alpine skiing, they're crap there. They're better in nordic skiing. BTW. Canada isn't that bad in alpine skiing - they've a great young team who were near the medals all the time. You'll see them winning some in Vancouver, I'm sure of that. As for nordic skiing - your woman team isn't that bad too, winning one gold I think.

Ha, Austria with a triple win in slalom yesterday - WE RULE!!! :D 22 medals or something like that, 2nd overall, heck what an Olympic Tourney for us!

The bronze medal game yesterday was pretty boring, I skipt it and only watched the highlights today. Nice to see Bulis win a medal, congrats.