Jokinen In Montreal?

:hlogo: If Ottawa is after Jokinen all the more reason to get him ahead of them. With Saku signed it should help to keep him ong term. So trade Theo, Souray, Plecanek & a pick for Luongo & Jokinen. Then trade C. Locke, M. Streit, M. Dandenault & N. Sundstrom to Phoenix for P. Mara & D. Gauthier. Trade Ribiero to Calgary for C. Kobasew. Finally trade Ryder, Zednik & Bonk to Edmonton for M. Peca, R. Torres & J F Jacques. Then we look like this:

Huet, Danis

P. Mara-A. Markov

C. Rivet-D. Gauthier

Komisarek-Bouillon

Cote

Jokinen, Perezhogin, Kovalev

Koivu, Torres, (Kobasew for this year, then bring Selanne in as a UFA move Kobasew to third line & Higgins to 4'th with Begin and Jacques)

Peca, Bulis, Higgins

Begin, Jacques, Downey depth (Murray, Kostitsin, Ferland)

can we just make a general rule that you can only make so many trade suggestions at a time and they can only involve so many players?

Also, 8th place teams dont just completely blow themselves up...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't trade Kostitsyn straight up for Jokinen, forget Zednik/Ribeiro and the 1st. Jokinen is very good but not a franchise player. Kostitsyn, Ribeiro + a 1st can get you almost any player in the game.

@le démon brun:

Anaheim did not get Selanne for free. They signed him for a cheap contract of 1M and now he's above a point-per-game (I think). He was rumoured to come to Montreal and said to the press that he wouldlike ot play beside his friend, Koivu. That's where I got hte idea that Koivu (especially with his new contract) would attract some Finns.

@ATHLETIQUE.CANADIEN:

I'm not sure if Gainey will let go of Bulis. Bulis seems to be his kind of player and he's having a great second half of the season. You'd think the first casualty would be Sunny but he's really Gainey's type of guy and he's still got another year on his contract. I expect him to trade Sunny for a pick (4th?) and hold onto Bulis and Bonk. He needs to make room for Chipchura and Kostitsyn and even Latendresse has got an outside shot at the team. I don't expect Ivanans and Downey both to return and Dagenais will probably be dumped. If Zednik doesn't catch fire in the playoffs then he's toast. The only reason why he has trade value is because he's a playoff star so if he loses that reputation then he's just a strong winger who has trouble finishing. That should clear up enough space for the new guys. I do think that Bulis has a bigger shot at staying with the Habs due to the discovered chemistry with Plekanec.

Jokinen wherabouts depends strangely enough (although not ultimately) on the Finnish team's results in the Olympics..

I for one am of the theory that Gainey is hoping his "spy" (another incentive to have contracted our Centerman to 3 more years) will induce both Jokinen and/or Teemu to move north of the border! But this depends on many factors.. Who(m) Koivu is paired with and how well they will play together and thus how far they reach in the games!

Nevertheless lets take for example Jokinen! should he be thinking of Ottawa as his first pick... (assuming he no longer wants to stay in Florida, Ottawa being the logical choice Duuhh), If Mtl has any hope of getting him as an UFA... Koivu and Joki would need to have played so well and bonded so tightly that the thought of playing in the near future with any other team than Koivu's Habs would seem utter stupidity! ( this could also be the case with teemu)

theory two: Koivu comes back to Gainey with inside information just what Joki would be looking for and Assuming we have that amount of cash and trade bait we deal with the Panters and then you can start dreaming all you want on who's going and who else is coming!

The sad side would be they dont play well and/or dont get along (for what ever reason) and Koivu comes back to Gainey... saying dont even bother Bob.. lets go for somebody else.... But in the end we still end up knowing more out of this than our opposition would!

In any case its better than Ottawa that has no Finnish player thus no inside info during these weeks! Not that Koivu will have much time to talk about this ... it will be all indirectly, chemically, in the showers and like I said before depending on the Team's results!

I can ponder that this could also go the other way with the Russian team for example... Kovalev could well be doing this as well but this is for another Topic!

In any case my 2 cents

Enjoy the Games everyone!

lol this is the best joke i heard all day, havlat is not that good,3 players and a 1st rounder for havlat thats a good one , you got to be a ottawa fan or joking.

Havlat is a very good player with loads of skill and actually has some grit to his game.

... it will be all indirectly, chemically, in the showers and like I said before depending on the Team's results!

:blink: wtf!?!?! these guys shower together! ........ im jus kiddin... i kind of like your theory's actually.

:ghg: :can:

You all must be Jokinen!

I am on board and would love to see him in a Habs jersey.

Sadly/thankfully I have only as much impact as JLP's pre-game drink...

Havlat is a very good player with loads of skill and actually has some grit to his game.

:blink: wtf!?!?! these guys shower together! ........ im jus kiddin... i kind of like your theory's actually.

:ghg: :can:

oops I forgot!!! Your rightt! its Italy!!! They dont have Showers!!! lol Just joking! My Italian girlfriend would kill me if she knew i wrote this! :P

Regarding this Internal Recruiting Theory... Do You know what Russian player is most likely up for grabs or better yet who most likely will Kovalev play with?

Edited by CoRvInA

Even if Ottawa gets him before the trade deadline, that is good news in the sens that they can't afford to resign him this summer, so Jokinen would be available as a UFA this summer. They already can't afford Havlat, Chara and Redden for next year, so forget about keeping Jokinen. He's just a rent-a-player for the playoffs to them.

Who needs Havlat? Havlat is a very good secondliner and a solid 1st-liner but then again he's also a nutcracker....literally.

Even if Ottawa gets him before the trade deadline, that is good news in the sens that they can't afford to resign him this summer, so Jokinen would be available as a UFA this summer. They already can't afford Havlat, Chara and Redden for next year, so forget about keeping Jokinen. He's just a rent-a-player for the playoffs to them.

Very true Komi...even if they would deal havlat for Jokinen, the latter will want more $$$ than Havlat next year! And this should be on Jokinen's mind as well... Go for a shot at the Cup and if that fails prepare to move again next year to the highest bidder or the HABS :D .

which brings up another topic... How improbable would it be (assuming the Habs secure a playoff position) that a player like Jokinen would consider Montreal (after a couple of moves) a cup contender?

The funny thing about the Bulis talk is Pleks.

How could a fan not like this guy? Defensively, he shadows the attacker perfectly. He blocks shooting lanes. Offensively he has the hands and excellent speed. :king:

The Bulis Pleks chemistry has the short term potential to be deadly. :king:

Apart from experience, Plekanec would be in Turin right now. He'll go in 2010 guaranteed. You heard it here first. (not much of a bold prediction :D )

Havlat is a bum. He's skilled to the teeth. But, he's a cancer to the team with bad penalties, suspensions. He hotdogs the refs and tries to fool them. It's obvious even to the viewer. He dives. Attempts to injure and does, often. At the end of the day he's a bum.

Maybe he'll read this and figure out what Tucker has seemed to finally figure out. That is, when you're a bum to the refs - YOU'RE A BUM!

Havlat should just play hockey and get away from all that garbage.

As far as trades go. Jokinen would fit perfectly. He's a big center. His addition would be awesome.

One name that hasn't been mentioned is Jeff Friesen. Problem is his 2,280,000.00 tag.

He's very underrated. I don't think he's done. He's just not working out in Washington. But if he could find a change of scenery, that'd be interesting. He was huge for the Devils in winning their 2003 cup.

In my opinion, The Kostitsyn's are untouchable. Sergei Kostitsyn has Daniel Ryder (CGY) type numbers - 49GP 24G 42A 66PTS. He's on course for rookie of the year in the OHL and it's possible he finishes 2nd to Angelo Esposito for CHL rookie of the year. Not bad for the 18 year old Kostitsyn who had the most to do with getting Belarus back to the WJC in 2007. He only managed to tie Malkin in points in this years WJC's. 200th overall, 2005 Entry Draft. Nice pick. Habs.

As for Andrei Kostitsyn, it's too soon to let him go and risk upsetting Sergei. Also, Andrei's skill has not been tapped yet. It will. Normally, a team might trade an Andrei type player for help now. But when you couple Andrei's skill with the fact that Team Belarus will have the 2 on their regular top line internationally?

It's too soon to write that off.

Perezhogin is also untradable IMO. The thing I like about him that is often missed is he can hit and he's hard to knock of the puck.

It'll be interesting to see what Gainey does.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

No way Gainey trades Kostitsyn, the guy will be even better then Perezhogin.

I want Bulis to stay in Montreal and I think Gainey loves him.

Plex is a Gainey wet dream, he will be here for a long time.

Jonkinen is a possible UFA but the Habs won't trade for him.

I can't see Selanne coming here only because Bob had a chance to sign him for next to nothing in the first place.

All this said, I believe alot of this depends on Theo. Can he be moved or deos he even need to be?

Pleks is my second favourite player and IMO the best player on the team even in his rookie season. Markov is the biggest competition but either way Plekanec is a gem. Untouchable.

Pleks is my second favourite player and IMO the best player on the team even in his rookie season. Markov is the biggest competition but either way Plekanec is a gem. Untouchable.

Bubbles You talking about the Poll or Plek or Markov being traded for Jokinen? Wassup!

We might actually have a shot at getting jokinen. Ecklund is intimating on his sight that there is 0 chance of us getting him. That has to bode well for us considering his record. Sorry just Yoke a ning

Bubbles You talking about the Poll or Plek or Markov being traded for Jokinen? Wassup!

lol..

Read the posts before mine.

And it's Buttercup, to you!

May I say it again, more humbly, with less emphasis...

It WON'T HAPPEN because I DON'T WANT IT TO HAPPEN!

SO THERE!!!!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Wow.....a little off topic but i would give anything to see martin havlat in a habs jersey

Something like this would be nice:

Zednik/Ribeiro

kostitsyn

1st rounder

for

havlat

but that would never happen becuase if ottawa is going to get rid of havlat, he will be far far away in the west so they never have to play him.....he is a franchise player waiting for the right coach to give him a slight attitude adjustment

Wow

Thats brutal............thats worse than Kordik for Courtnall

Bulis the habbie :

Anaheim did not get Selanne for free. They signed him for a cheap contract of 1M and now he's above a point-per-game (I think). He was rumoured to come to Montreal and said to the press that he wouldlike ot play beside his friend, Koivu. That's where I got hte idea that Koivu (especially with his new contract) would attract some Finns.

BTH, when I said for free, I ment that they didin't have to give anything in return (FA signing), bad choice of words on my part, obviously he has a salary.

Edited by Le démon brun

Bulis the habbie :

BTH, when I said for free, I ment that they didin't have to give anything in return (FA signing), bad choice of words on my part, obviously he has a salary.

When did Teemu say he'd like to come to MTL?

I'm not challenging you but rather would like to have it confirmed so I can start to get pumped.

Do you have a link? Or is this from another year?

When did Teemu say he'd like to come to MTL?

I'm not challenging you but rather would like to have it confirmed so I can start to get pumped.

Do you have a link? Or is this from another year?

Teemu mentionned it when we played Anaheim earlier this year. He confirmed that BG had approched him last summer and that he was interested, but him and is wife prefered going back to California.

Maybe next year if Anaheim is not interested in signing him again, but that means one spot taken away from our young guys, so I'm not sure I want him. We already have Kovalev and Ryder for sure. Get rid of Zednik but we still have Perezhogin, Kostitsyn and Latendresse. Don't need Teemu.

Havlat has a serious attitude problem.

Jokenin turned down a big offer from Florida because he does not want to play there. He may accept less money if it is somewhere he wants to play. He did the same thing Luongo did. Does anyone honestly think Luongo will get more then 6 million dollars anywhere else? They want out probably don’t get along with Keenan or Martin. As for Selanne if his wife is making his hockey decision I do not see him coming to Montreal any time soon. Unless the Ducks fall out of the playoff race right away before the deadline he will remain in Anaheim. Montreal could land Olli because he is a UFA so bidders will not pay that much unless they are guaranteed to get him under a long-term contract when he arrives.

As for Selanne if his wife is making his hockey decision I do not see him coming to Montreal any time soon.

lets get rid of the wife

I'm now calling the boys to put a hit on her!

Zednik's widow is available and she's a hottie ....Teemu will like!!... oops I forgot to disclose the Zednik bit ... well u didint hear that from me! Gotta gooo

JUST JOKINEN!!!