The Ultimate Hab

blaze53

Who Is The Ultimate Hab This Season?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. So Tell Me Who Is The Hab Of Your Choice This Season?

• Cristobal Huet
    • Andrei Markov
    • Saku Koivu
    • Bob Gainey
    • Alex Kovalev
    • Sheldon Souray
    • Jan Bulis
    • Tomas Plekanec
    • José Theodore
    • Radek Bonk
    • Alexander Perezhogin
    • Mike Komisarek
    • Craig Rivet
    • Dandenault
    • Sundstrom

Bulis not because he's our MVP but because he's great and deserves more than the 0 votes that he'll get from everyone else (besides maybe Koz) on this site.

I don't understand the inclusion of Bob Gainey in that list. It unnecessarily complicates the criteria for the names on the list.

I'm also surprised that Steve Bégin isn't on that list. If he had of been, I would have surely voted for him. He's not the most talented player but, boy, does he ever bring it to every game. If our more highly talented players gave the same effort on a regular basis, our team would be a much stronger contender. A Stanley Cup contender, I don't know but one that would give an awful lot of trouble to those who truly are.

By the way, I did vote for Gainey. He's as close to Bégin in that list (way more talented but in the same vein). I voted for Gainey also because his name, if you consider all the others, should not be there.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

Markov, only cause no one else is having an outstanding season. Huet is playing well, Although he hasnt played enough of the season. Bulis is having a good year. However, he still misses the net an awfull lot.

I choose rivet. he has done alot of things that don't really show up on score sheets. He showed lots of passion and desire to win when things were tough.

He is Habs real captain.

I'm with M&K on this one, Rivet definitley deserves it. Bulis sucks and doesn't deserve to be on the list, other than 1 two game stretch he's done nothing but miss scoring opportunities. Bob Gainey doesn't deserve it either, especially since hes not a player, and he's done little to help this team so far other than fire a coach.

I'm with M&K on this one, Rivet definitley deserves it. Bulis sucks and doesn't deserve to be on the list, other than 1 two game stretch he's done nothing but miss scoring opportunities. Bob Gainey doesn't deserve it either, especially since hes not a player, and he's done little to help this team so far other than fire a coach.

To start it off, no player in the NHL sucks so it's stupid to say that about anyone if it's Mike Ribeiro or Darcy Hordichuk. I'm sure Bulis is doing something to earn his million bucks even if you don't see it. It's pointless to get into the Gainey debate again but if you haven't noticed Gainey has also been earning his pay quite well. And firing the coach has helped the team if you were assuming it didn't. About Rivet being our true captain and MVP... he's already assisstant captain and a strong candidate for captain if Koivu leads but I can't see him as our MVP. He's inconsistent and hasn't been a susperstar this season. I'd have ot say that Markov has been our MVP of the season with Begin coming in right behind him. Proof of Markov leading by example is when he scores the game winner in his day back from injury and when he scored a 4-point period in the first game after Julien's firing. Anyways, I've got some Olympic hockey to watch.

To start it off, no player in the NHL sucks so it's stupid to say that about anyone if it's Mike Ribeiro or Darcy Hordichuk. I'm sure Bulis is doing something to earn his million bucks even if you don't see it. It's pointless to get into the Gainey debate again but if you haven't noticed Gainey has also been earning his pay quite well. And firing the coach has helped the team if you were assuming it didn't. About Rivet being our true captain and MVP... he's already assisstant captain and a strong candidate for captain if Koivu leads but I can't see him as our MVP. He's inconsistent and hasn't been a susperstar this season. I'd have ot say that Markov has been our MVP of the season with Begin coming in right behind him. Proof of Markov leading by example is when he scores the game winner in his day back from injury and when he scored a 4-point period in the first game after Julien's firing. Anyways, I've got some Olympic hockey to watch.

So if Markov is our MVP why are you giving your vote for Bulis....

Bulis has been a hell of alot more inconsistent than Rivet. Rivet has been our more consistent Dman simply because of Markov's injury problems. Yes Markov is better, but he's been injured. Rivet has been there ever game, never takes a night off. Hell of alot more than I can say for Bulis. He's junk and way overpaid at $1, 000,000. So go back to watching your Olympic hockey...

bulis ain't junk. In fact we might be watching his coming out party.

He is +8 over his last 10 games

he has not had a minus game during that span

he scored in 4 of those games

he's on track to be a 20 goal scorer this year and he has been picking up his pace recently.

He does all this averaging 16+ TOI

oh, and is only on track for 25 penalties on the season...

Markov for sure!

I wish he did not push that linesman in the Leafs game, which led to the three game suspension and did that shoulder injury ever hurt this team.

Let us all hope that he has a great Olympics but comes out healthy.

Bulis not because he's our MVP but because he's great and deserves more than the 0 votes that he'll get from everyone else (besides maybe Koz) on this site.

Can you read it now?

Bulis has been a hell of alot more inconsistent than Rivet. Rivet has been our more consistent Dman simply because of Markov's injury problems. Yes Markov is better, but he's been injured. Rivet has been there ever game, never takes a night off. Hell of alot more than I can say for Bulis. He's junk and way overpaid at $1, 000,000. So go back to watching your Olympic hockey...

Bulis hasn't been inconsistent. He just had a slow start. Having a chunk of the seaosn bad but play the rest good is better than sporadic great games and mixed up with horrible games. It shows that we can rely on Bulis. Can we rely on Rivet to be on the ice at a big moment? I can't. Not til I know which Rivet I'm getting. It's not Markov's fault that he was injured. Rivet may have been there every night but on many of those nights he was invisible or sometimes even a negative force to the team. Markov has played great every game he's appeared in.

Read his last post slowly. And carefully.

I believe you mean my first post but close enough.

bulis ain't junk. In fact we might be watching his coming out party.

He is +8 over his last 10 games

he has not had a minus game during that span

he scored in 4 of those games

he's on track to be a 20 goal scorer this year and he has been picking up his pace recently.

He does all this averaging 16+ TOI

oh, and is only on track for 25 penalties on the season...

Some good and healthy stats. Not to mention that Bulis's line plays against the opposition's best (which makes his +/- worse) and that he doesn't get all that much icetime (which lowers his offensive point totals) and that he, like Markov, plays well EVERY game he plays in. Inconsistent? Closer to the most consistent player on the Habs but yeah, you're right in the ballpark.

Bulis is 100% a keeper.

The guy gives it all every shift. He has missed some scoring opportunities but he seems to be the only habs that gets those chances in the first place.

He will get 20 goals this year, not bad for a third line player.

Bulis will hoist the cup here.

Ah and I forgot that his offensive point totals aren't so bad after all! Despite being a checker with limited icetime he is seocnd on the team in goals and is on pace for 20 goals. 20 goals might seem average but for a checker, 20 goals is the breaking point at which you know he's had a great season.

Oh - and you say Bulis is overpaid....... and then you stick up for Rivet! :lol:

Okay he's not on the list but I am going to write in the name of Christopher Higgins.

I have been really impressed with him all season. He hustles every shift, plays whatever role he is assigned - 1st line, 4th line, penalty kill whatever. I am extremely impressed by his work along the boards. He wins at least 80% of the fights for the puck along the boards and when he does lose he doesn't give up. I wasn't expecting much from him but now I think he will be a legitimate first line winger.

1st line? Possible but I really doubt it. He seems to me to be a third line checker with enough offence to be a solid presence on the seocnd line. He's been doing well on the 1st line though and he's still young. Begin and Theodore were also left off the list.

kaos you are a bitter idiot who i also suspect is a leafs fan :o

What the heck are you smokin, Bulis has been one of our better players this season. He had his offensive problems earlier on but he was always reliable defensively and now that he's finding the net he's a real keeper.