Hw Cycling Fanatics

mathieu30

I've got a Klein Attitude Comp right now, I'm still in hard tail land, even though I mostly ride downhill on the trails. I'm just starting to look at road bikes, I have no clue what I'll end up with.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got uh..this shiny green one. I got it about 5 years ago at Canadian Tire for a couple hundred bucks. CCM Echo.

Yeah, lame but it got me through Kettle Valley. 150 km through Okanagan Valley in Grade 8, it was awesome.

Haha this shows the difference between european Cycling fans and north americans. In european cycling everybody is bedazzled, all everybody can talk about is the Landis story. And you guys talk about the bike's you got :D

This is the top story here, especially in the sports news.

So we got fooled again for three weeks. I still love cycling, but there has to come a sollution!!

Haha this shows the difference between european Cycling fans and north americans. In european cycling everybody is bedazzled, all everybody can talk about is the Landis story. And you guys talk about the bike's you got :D

This is the top story here, especially in the sports news.

So we got fooled again for three weeks. I still love cycling, but there has to come a sollution!!

Oh, I've been keeping tabs on the Landis story. Until the rest of the testing is done, I won't pass judgement. I think everyone stateside was expecting yet another "American dopes at the Tour" story...it wouldn't be le Tour without it. Am I shocked, not at all.

I've got uh..this shiny green one. I got it about 5 years ago at Canadian Tire for a couple hundred bucks. CCM Echo.

Yeah, lame but it got me through Kettle Valley. 150 km through Okanagan Valley in Grade 8, it was awesome.

That's good and I'm glad for you. :):):)

My TREK is a second-hand bike that I got off of eBay from a guy in Atlanta, Georgia :o . I wouldn't have bought this bike new... no way.

The MARINONI was a used bike too :o:o .

Heck... a used good bike does me just fine. :)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

• 9 months later...

A big day for cycling overhere with the 93rd edition of "La Doyenne", Liège-Bastogne-Liège.

The big favourite for the 93rd edition is team Gerolsteiner with Amstel winner Stefan Schumacher and Flèche Wallonne winner Davide Rebellin.

I'm hoping for a good race from Philippe Gilbert,

go Phil go!

I've heard the Belgians are crazy about cycling. During the Tour they go after water bottles thrown by the racers. ;)

You are quite right, although I never saw someone looking for waterbottles. Probably some Dutch people ;)

Cycling is a religion overhere.

You are quite right, although I never saw someone looking for waterbottles. Probably some Dutch people ;)

Cycling is a religion overhere.

nope the flemmish were going after water bottles. The american commentators were making light to how 'crazy' you guys are and that you'd go after thrown water bottles. And sure enough when a lead pack rider tossed his bottle about 15 people went running after it. :lol:

• 2 months later...

cool!

I haven't been able to get into this years race. And I've watched this event for years.

But for some reason when its on the first thing that comes to my head is Le Tour de Farce.

The whole dopping scandals have taken a toll on the sport here. Cycling was becoming a strong niche sport, every state was having its own couple days long bike race. They're own 'tours'. Then the dopping scandals hit and now promoters are afraid to start up their own 'tours'.

Its quite sad actually. Cycling was inches away from going into the soccer/lacrosse category of major niche sports. Now that plan looks to be moth balled.

Yeah cycling is getting Demolished by the Doping stuff, but they dont use more than in other sports. It just comes out more. Like that Doctor Fuentes, he had also a lot of Soccer/Tennis players as patients, but those names dont come out.

Ah well i'm not to bothered about it, i just got so much love for the sport, its just so great to watch. When the mountains come i sit from 11am till 6 pm on my couch, wont miss a thing!

same here, its one of those things I fell in love with while watching at my grandpa's house during the summers in florida. Phil Leggett is the best commentator of all time in my opinion. He doesn't just give you the race, he literally puts you in the race. He'll talk about what you the viewer are looking at, the history of the places and so on. It becomes a vacation via television. To me you don't even have to like the cycling to watch it, because the way Leggett does the commentary it goes beyond cycling. He's simply the best ever.

If anybody hasn't watched a stage you don't know what your missing. The Tour de France to me goes beyond a bike race.

he literally puts you in the race.

This will put you literally in the race:

trainers_245x340.jpg

Invented by the Dutch! And you know what they say..

It ain't much if it ain't Dutch!

:P;)

Absolutely true, over here the commentators are also like that. Well the french crew also makes a commercial for their country about it, cuz they show all the nice stuff.

Momentarily i dont like our commentators nowadays, 2 whiners, so now i always tune in on Belgian TV. Much more fun!

• 2 weeks later...

IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS

When will these stupid piece of shit losers stop this god damn cheating. They must have a death wish for their sport. Germany is out for broadcasting the tour FOREVER, and T-Mobile the big sponsor is OUT FOREVER. When the hell will these stupid stupid idiots get it through their stupid heads? Jesus they're the sporting equivalent to heroin users.

pathetic professional cyclists. You are pathetic. Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us.

I'm not that keen on Boonen anymore....

I hoped the 2 would stay in front, unfortunate..or another sprinter like Chavanel or so...

Me neither. I'm a Philippe Gilbert fan.

Still, todays victory was a nice example of teamwork.

Boonie Boondoggle Boonan with the win!!!1

Now watch for Rassmusson or however you spell his name to fall apart at the time trial.

Do you still remember Rassmussen’s infamous time trial? That was just unbelievable. Poor guy..