Going Going Not Gone?

blaze53

Will Bob Gainey Make A Trade?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Is Bob Going To Ship One Or Two Of His Boys?

• Yes
    • No

Hey wuddddddddup habs fans?

Anyway here's one of my amazing polls just in time for the trade deadline. I would say Bob Gainey will make a trade and we all know who's going eh? lol

take it easy!

:hlogo: HU-ET! HU-ET! HU-ET!

Edited by blaze53

can't wait to see what he'll do...I'll be disappointed if he doesn't do anything

Same here. My hopes are up. Even if it's a small trade, I just want something done to get me excited.

I don't think so. What he got to deal with in order to get something that would be an actual improvement for the team.

The only way I can see him trading someone away is to get a young prospect of a relatively high draft pick.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

If were gonna make the playoffs then for sure were parting to get somebody upfront but just one! One of the famous five is going going gone!

pLUS bLAZE53 IS GOING TOO! ;)

No team in the league wants Tkachuk. He's the most overpaid player in the world at $7.6M. Not to mention that he isn't even that good a player.

Tkachuk's glory days could be behind him...But you guys are making it seem like he's done. Not at all. 71 points in 75 games last year and now this year 26 points in 18 games!

Okay, so he has had some injury problems but he is a great player still, just what the Habs need! I'd take him any day, especially now that his contract will be about 3.something mill. It is a bargain!

I still remember the overwhelming disbelief that rushed over me when I heard about Kovalev at the last deadline.....and what'd we give up? Has Balej played in the NHL at all this season?

Good times...

he played one game with the canucks in wich he got an assist

Edited by marky_and_komi

Well I voted yes originally but the way the team is playing and the fact that Gainey has not made a trade all season long even during the major mid season slump causes me to believe that he believes in the abilities of this team.

If we can get Tkachuk without giving good prospects in return and without any promise to pick up his option year, then we should do it... unfortunately, that will never happen.

I just realized something: I think Weight and Tkachuk were both very happy in St-Louis, and after possibly both being traded away for young guys and 1st round picks, they could very well both resign with the Blues next season. If that happens, congrats to the GM; the team would strongly improve its prospect base while saving money, and this without [really] giving up anything in return!