Playoffs Or Bust

So you wanna face a weaker team, to get a few extra home dates, to line Gillettes pockets, in the hopes that in the offseason he may allow a budget increase....Maybe.

Doesn't sound too logical to me.

I wanna face the toughest team first and find out just what this team is made of. I wanna know come the offseason what I have to do to improve this team, so that I can beat the better team next time around.

Besides who says whos the tougher team? Ottawa, yeah they're pretty much the standard. Buffalo, Carolina and New York...how do you pick a stonger and weaker team there. They all look pretty good to me. No major struggles, goaltending appears to be in order, play excellent defence, spread the goal scoring aorund. Except for Buffalo, they have a major scoring threat.

Nope, give me Ottawa first and lets find out how good they really are. Who says the chances are any better against Carolina, Buffalo and New York

Because it's so evenly spread....I want ottawa too. I'll actually take any off them. Carolina is the only one that is a little scary......but like you said Kaos ....bring it on and let's see who's standing after the first round.

With Huet playing the way he is, and how his confidence has spread through the team....I think we can surprise a lot of people and teams this year. We are not the same hockey club we were a few months ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Because it's so evenly spread....I want ottawa too. I'll actually take any off them. Carolina is the only one that is a little scary......but like you said Kaos ....bring it on and let's see who's standing after the first round.

With Huet playing the way he is, and how his confidence has spread through the team....I think we can surprise a lot of people and teams this year. We are not the same hockey club we were a few months ago.

They way the Habs are going, we may not get at Ottawa......Rangers are starting to look more like it.....Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

They way the Habs are going, we may not get at Ottawa......Rangers are starting to look more like it.....Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Lundqvist and Jagr in a seven game series? That could be interesting. Both of these teams probably match up pretty well and could very well be an excitiing series. Wel with the Habbers its always exciting........

Just saw that Montreal is 4th in the leauge since the Olympic break.

With that said I think the Habs are the team that most of the others in the eastern conference would like to avoid.

Ottawa is first right now but due to injuries they doesn't look as scary as they did earlier. With the recent results I think the Habs could knock Ottawa.

Carolina has won big time this season. Still, Canes play in the weakest division. It's still possible that they are the only team from the southeast division that makes the playoffs. Not saying that they're bad just maybe not as good as the standings says.

Rangers has Lundqvist and Jagr. Enough to wanting avoid them. Lundqvist won the gold medal in Turin and even if he never has been in a stanley cup playoff I don't see him choking.

Buffalo. The team. I agree with an earlier post that Habs seems to have a problem with them. They have nothing to lose and this is the team that I don't want the Habs to play.

Just saw that Montreal is 4th in the leauge since the Olympic break.

With that said I think the Habs are the team that most of the others in the eastern conference would like to avoid.

Ottawa is first right now but due to injuries they doesn't look as scary as they did earlier. With the recent results I think the Habs could knock Ottawa.

Carolina has won big time this season. Still, Canes play in the weakest division. It's still possible that they are the only team from the southeast division that makes the playoffs. Not saying that they're bad just maybe not as good as the standings says.

Rangers has Lundqvist and Jagr. Enough to wanting avoid them. Lundqvist won the gold medal in Turin and even if he never has been in a stanley cup playoff I don't see him choking.

Buffalo. The team. I agree with an earlier post that Habs seems to have a problem with them. They have nothing to lose and this is the team that I don't want the Habs to play.

I agree... especially about the Lundqvist thing... People may think he cant handle the pressure of playoff time but he has won 2 swedish elite league golds and you get alot of pressure on yourself in sweden as well. I think this playoff in the east will be the most even ive ever seen. Every team is great atm so predictions are not easy.

Montréal @ Carolina: 3-5

Montréal @ Carolina: 3-7

Montréal vs. Carolina: 2-8

Montréal vs. Carolina: 1-5

Carolina has destroyed us this season and we should hope that this changes when we meet them in the PO's.

Does Carolina have injuries, or are they just purely sucking.........They will probably get hot again. Thing is, if we get them first round, it might be an easy 5 or 6 games. Ever since that Recchi and what's his name from St.louis trade...they've been very average. O-ya Stall.....fcuk he's good, but dopy lookin.

I heard Gainey's calling up three kids from Ahl. Danis, Kotsy, and Cote? Let them breathe in some Stanley Cup air............

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ever since that Recchi and what's his name from St.louis trade...they've been very average.

I heard Gainey's calling up three kids from Ahl. Danis, Kotsy, and Cote? Let them breathe in some Stanley Cup air............

It was Doug Weight.

As for the three players - I highly doubt that they'll get some ice time, just practice with the big club and hope for a game if someone is injured.

As for the three players - I highly doubt that they'll get some ice time, just practice with the big club and hope for a game if someone is injured.

I disagree. I think they may get a shot.. and could contribute by being one of those "playoff rookies" that start kicking ass. I personally hope Kosty gets inserted somewhere. Theres not a lot of room, but you never know.

Maybe if we secure a playoff spot, Gainey will play the rookies more to give them some confidence (especially Perezogin). He has the gift... but he needs that little boost.

The Rangers have a very similar team to us. It would be a nice match-up. I'm cheering for Carolina to re-pass Ottawa now. Carolina is the only team that scares me - besides for New Jersey and kind of Tampa Bay (I have bad memories).

funny little note:

on ESPNtv today, Barry Melrose announced us as his choice for playoff spoilers in the eastern conference. This of course means nothing, but kinda neat. He said that we have strong goaltending, above average defense and nicely spread scoring. Also noted AK27 playoff power... Nothing that hasnt been said by some here, but good to see the habs get some love on US TV

Perhaps. But it's a nice boost to them. Not just confidence, but sweet, sweet, cash. Just hanging around for the last 4 games would make them about US$22K (assuming league minimum)... whereas they make $75K Cdn in the AHL for the whole season? (I know they've had stints with the big club before this - but this is still a nice bonus).

A nice reward from Gainey - keeping the key kids happy.

I disagree. I think they may get a shot.. and could contribute by being one of those "playoff rookies" that start kicking ass. I personally hope Kosty gets inserted somewhere. Theres not a lot of room, but you never know.

Maybe if we secure a playoff spot, Gainey will play the rookies more to give them some confidence (especially Perezogin). He has the gift... but he needs that little boost.

I highly doubt Gainey gives Kostitsyn or Lapierre any playoff icetime unless there are injuries or Montreal starts tanking.

Zednik will definitley play as he's proven hes a playoff performer in the past. Sundstrom would get the call over Lapierre.

I could see

Higgins Koivu Ryder

Zednik Ribeiro Kovalev

Plekanec Bonk Bulis

Murray Begin Downey

Last two lines are interchangeable wtih Sundstrom in the mix. This is provided Begin makes it back and no other injuries occur

Edited by kaos

I say it's the HABS!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI-did you know that we have a better record then the Sens, since they shut us out and Hasek and Co. dissed us.

I'm telling you. We have a great team as long as know one slumps. We would be battling for 1st if it wasn't for MR.VEZINA.

I don't blame any of the players..........Theo's confidence killed the Habs mid season ......see ya

My point is......The Habs are even better then we know. If I was the fan of any other team, I wouldn't want the Habs first round.

With Marty finding his groove, I'd say the Devils are a threat... Ottawa is, of course, but I think NYR, CAR, and PHI's hopes all lie on their goalie... as do ours!

I predict BUF and TB/ATL gone after the 1st round

FYI-did you know that we have a better record then the Sens, since they shut us out and Hasek and Co. dissed us.

I'm telling you. We have a great team as long as know one slumps. We would be battling for 1st if it wasn't for MR.VEZINA.

I don't blame any of the players..........Theo's confidence killed the Habs mid season ......see ya

My point is......The Habs are even better then we know. If I was the fan of any other team, I wouldn't want the Habs first round.

BTW... Habber, that is the creepiest avatar ever

With Marty finding his groove, I'd say the Devils are a threat... Ottawa is, of course, but I think NYR, CAR, and PHI's hopes all lie on their goalie... as do ours!

I predict BUF and TB/ATL gone after the 1st round

BTW... Habber, that is the creepiest avatar ever

Don't be scared.... :o

Every team's hopes will come down to their goaltending. That's why I think Atlanta could do some damage if they get in. More so then Tampa(who's goaltending sucks the big one)

Atlanta had a slow start, but they've been a pretty scary hockey club lately. They have more then they need to win some rounds. Great in net.....and scoring out the ying yang. I want them to make it. If they meet Ottawa, I think they'll beat them.

THANK YOU!

YES, THE CANADIENS ARE MORE LETHAL THAN THEY GET CREDIT FOR!

I wish a win was a clinch. I'm getting tired of waiting around :angry2:

Don't be scared.... :o

Every team's hopes will come down to their goaltending. That's why I think Atlanta could do some damage if they get in. More so then Tampa(who's goaltending sucks the big one)

Atlanta had a slow start, but they've been a pretty scary hockey club lately. They have more then they need to win some rounds. Great in net.....and scoring out the ying yang. I want them to make it. If they meet Ottawa, I think they'll beat them.

correct me if I am wrong but is Kari Lehtonen not injured again.

I really hope we don't have to play the senators in the first round (especially if Hasek comes back).

I think that the league will want everyone to know that they are sticking to their guns regarding penalties during the playoffs. Thus I predict that there will be a whole lot of penalties called during the first round series.

Since the Sens are top 5 in both PP and PK, I'd rather play someone else in teh first round.