I Almost Feel Sorry For The Laughs

PMAC

Yesterday, I couldn't believe that JFJr didnt sell off some of his assets to rebuild the team or failing that actually make a move to boost them towards a playoff spot :blink::lol:

This is what he said on Sportsnet.ca today:

There was interest by some teams in Leafs goaltender Ed Belfour, said Ferguson.

"We entertained a number of different things but ultimately we're real happy with the service we've received from Ed Belfour and, obviously, we're going to rely on him as our No. 1 goaltender going forward."

Some Leafs fans were hoping Ferguson would blow up his roster and, while some question his inactivity Thursday, Ferguson wasn't defensive.

"Activity doesn't always mean progress," he said. "We like where we're situated both this season going forward and next season and beyond." (Emphasis mine)

If I were the head of MLSE that ludicrous statement would cost him his job because as I see it out of contention for a playoff spot with an aging and ineffective roster is not what I would call satisfactory

Fergusson did as much as he could I guess.... I was hoping he would have done more after the 2 pts but darn he didnt I wanted him to waste a few pics in the process

anyhow... lets start Laughing! :king:

Go :hlogo: go

"Activity doesn't always mean progress," he said. "We like where we're situated both this season going forward and next season and beyond." (Emphasis mine)

This is priceless. A 10th place team, and he likes where they're situated! :lol: Pierre McGuire was hilarious on TSN last night - when talking about the winners/losers at the trade deadline, he identified the Leafs as losers, saying they didn't address any of their needs. He quoted what JFJ said about being happy, and said, "Excuse me?!?" (Maybe you had to be there)

It is tough to feel bad for the Leafs after Tuesday night.

I did say, " almost" :P