Markov Injury

Koivu11

Hey Guys, just wondering if anyone had an update on Mrakov's injury. Yesterday Vs. the Rangers Markov experienced a lower back problem and didn't come back.

I need an update! Oh and if he is injured for awhile Streit and Todd Simpson will replace him.

Oh and if he is injured for awhile Streit and Todd Simpson will replace him.

2 players to replace Markov? Sounds OK to me, but I don't think we get the approval to send in 3-D's a shift ;)

i think gainey will take a decision tomorrow, gotta wait to see if markov feels ok to play or need more time~

but there is no doubt that with markov out of the lineup, our PP is not as strong as when he is in~

plus kovalev at the blue line : i dunt like it :( coz kovalev should be the one who moves the puck next to the net~

I love Kovy on the point. He has incredible vision and one of the best and most accurate shots on the team. Of course it stinks having Markov out I would expect Streit to possibly get the chance to play if Markov is unable to against a fast Bolts team.

Nah, Kovy is amazing at the point. I prefer him up top than on the goal line where he can only pass and not shoot. He's got an amazing shot and we've gotta take advantage of that. He's also good doing what Jagr does on the NYR powerplay (same job as Spezza). It's usually Ribeiro over there. I think these formations can work:

Ryder-----NET-----Koivu

:............................:

Rivet--------------Ribeiro

.......\.............../.....

........\............./......

..........Kovalev........

or preferably:

.....-----NET-----Koivu

Ryder....................:

............................:

.......................Ribeiro

.............................:

......Rivet----Kovalev

Rivet can be subbed with Souray whenever or even permanently. I don't care. They both do their job at the point. Of course, Gainey will try different players on the second unit but I like that as our first.

I love Kovy on the point. He has incredible vision and one of the best and most accurate shots on the team.

depends on which sequences then hehe :)

coz when i see kovy at the point, i feel like a *waste* of talent coz kovy has incredible hands which should be use to move the puck within a lots of obstacles, at the point... u know... even SOURAY plays at the point to... everyone can :P (no offense to sheldon hehe)

oh well... just hope for the best to come : markov back in the line up!!!

I'm hoping the injury isn't too serious. Montreal just isn't the same team w/ out Markov. He bring an incredible amount of talent to the team and does some of the little things that really do add up and make a huge difference.

That being said, even if the injury is not serious, I think Gainey should give him a game off to make sure... plus I'd really like to see Todd Simpson suit up and do some damage.

Though, Tampa Bay is a fast team... and Streit might be the better option for that game.

Markov and Koivu are the two irreplaceable players on the current roster - we have no other D who can serve as a credible quarterback for any length of time, and no other C who comes close to approaching elite-level skills. Sof if Markov's injury is serious, we're in BIIIIIIIGG trouble. :puke:

Markov and Koivu are the two irreplaceable players on the current roster - we have no other D who can serve as a credible quarterback for any length of time, and no other C who comes close to approaching elite-level skills. Sof if Markov's injury is serious, we're in BIIIIIIIGG trouble. :puke:

I'd rather lose Koivu for a while then Kovalev. Kovy as much more skills then Koivu. Kovy as also a much bigger impact on the PP then Koivu.

In case everyone forgot, the Habs started going downhill this year the day Kovy got injured.

With Ribs, Bonk and Plek, we could manage without Koivu for a while, but same can't be said about Kovy.

Not that losing Koivu wouldn't hurt, I'm just saying that losing Kovy is more damaging to the team then losing Koivu.

In the glass half full side of things, If Markov is a gameday decision tommorow, it means it's nothing too serious and he should be able to return at the latest on thursday night.

We need him badly, his vision and creativity is key on this team. Even though he has fought the puck a bit since the olympics he is still our best Dman.

Also, I think our D is a bit underrated when healthy, we have a solid top four, with Markov, Komy, Sourray and Rivet. With another 2 points by Sourray, we will have 3 Dmen over 30 points already this year.

In the glass half full side of things, If Markov is a gameday decision tommorow, it means it's nothing too serious and he should be able to return at the latest on thursday night.

We need him badly, his vision and creativity is key on this team. Even though he has fought the puck a bit since the olympics he is still our best Dman.

Also, I think our D is a bit underrated when healthy, we have a solid top four, with Markov, Komy, Sourray and Rivet. With another 2 points by Sourray, we will have 3 Dmen over 30 points already this year.

I agree. It's a top forward that we need to get this summer more then an upgrade at D.

Absolutely we have been having difficulty scoring all year. I'm hoping we make a concerted effort to get Briere.

Briere will be a tough guy to get in Montreal Buffalo has tons of room under the cap and will probably do their best to keep Briere no matter what the Canadiens do. I believe although Richards is a RFA in Tampa with their cap situation and need for a goalie that he is a more realistic candidate.

Anyways on the subject at hand Markov he is irreplaceable his vision from the backend is unmatched and his ability to remove the puck from an attacking forward is uncanny. He must get healthy as he has struggled since the Olympic break his play will be a deciding factor in Montreal’s final season standing and their playoff success.