Game #01 - @ Ottawa (L 5-2)

puck7x

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Any predictions?

Theodore will probably start . We played a pretty strong EXHBITION game versus the sens last weekend , lets see what happens in the real season...

I can hardly wait...

Thursday October 9th

Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators

(7PM EST)

<hr>

Probable lines...

Bulis-Perreault-Audette

Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik

Sundstrom-Juneau-Dackell

Dwyer-Ward-Ryder

Markov - Rivet

Souray - Brisebois

Quintal - Komisarek ?

Theodore

Garon

Scratch : Hainsey , Higgins , Bouillon (injured but not on IR)

<hr>

TV : RDS ,CBC? (Think I heard that they are carrying the game)

Radio : CJAD , CKAC

hainsey_03.jpg

[Edited on 2003-10-10 by puck7x]

[Edited on 2003-10-10 by sakiqc]

first off, hello everyone.I'm Darryl.new to the board here..longtime member of another forum. Found this one, thought I'd try it out..

I cannot wait for this game...Seems like we have been waiting forever..I hate offseason..Not much too look forward to on the season in terms of wins, but Ive I have been waiting to watch the development of our youth and team with much anticipation...Here's to a succesful season boys, and let's try and be patient, and take the good things out of it.

Hey daspin!

I've read your stuff on other boards for awhile now (Great Tattoo :) ) , welcome to HabsWorld...

BTW : If any of the new users are interested in joining the HW team just post a message (reply this to this thread or something) , or send me a U2U (user-2-user message) .... We've already got loads of people on the staff , but we're always looking for more...

If any of you are good at article-finding , or translating etc. and want to help out , just let us know... We'll find work for you.

[Edited on 2003-10-7 by puck7x]

I said It was my crystall ball. You would be both scared and surprised about how many times it's been right...

I sure hope for Montreal to win but let's face it.

We meeting one of the leauges most talanted team. On their ice. In the season opener. Whithout Saku Koivu. And many "experts" rank our team pretty low.

I think that the most important thing in this game is for the vets to take their responsibillity and show our prospects the way.

And that combined with some youth enthusiasm can take us to the playoffs. But we're in for a tough season.

I predict a 3-2 win in overtime for Mtl.

The scoring will be:

First Period:

Ott - White (Alfredson, Spezza)

Mtl - Dwyer (Ryder, Quintal) Ryder's shot will hit him in the leg...;)

Second Period:

Ott - Hossa (unassisted)

Third Period:

Mtl - Brisebois (Zednik, Ribeiro)

Overtime:

Mtl - Hossa (Souray)

Three Stars:

1 - Theodore

2 - Marcel Hossa

3 - Marian Hossa

All-Star

Originally posted by All-Star

All-Star

As much as I would love that to happen, I think we all know what happens when the Habs have a lead going into the 3rd period, or are tied going into overtime.

Tied for worst in the league last year in OTLs (9), and I do'nt really think it'll change too much.

Hate to burst your bubble, but this version of the Habs doesn't have enough heart or gamebreaker-type players (aka Kastysitsin) to with in OT, let alone enough smart and safe players (Juneau is no longer safe) to hold a lead.

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse
Originally posted by All-Star

All-Star

As much as I would love that to happen, I think we all know what happens when the Habs have a lead going into the 3rd period, or are tied going into overtime.

Tied for worst in the league last year in OTLs (9), and I do'nt really think it'll change too much.

Hate to burst your bubble, but this version of the Habs doesn't have enough heart or gamebreaker-type players (aka Kastysitsin) to with in OT, let alone enough smart and safe players (Juneau is no longer safe) to hold a lead.

Even if the odds are against it happening, stranger things have happened in the past... Any shot on net is a potential goal ;)...

[Edited on 2003/10/9 by All-Star]

Originally posted by Riot55

Hello all,  new here. Great looking site by the way.

Well i`d like a win but i`ll be happy with a tie.  2-2

welcome to HW

Humm, i'd like to hope we'll win too...

I'd go with a high score game.. 5-4 Habs

Just a recap of the lines we already know , plus official d-pairing for the habs tonight....

Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik

Bulis - Perreault - Audette

Sundstrom - Juneau - Dackell

Dwyer - Ward - Ryder

Markov - Rivet

Souray - Quintal

Hainsey - Brisebois

Theodore

Garon

Hainsey paired with brisebois? Thats not smart imo... While Brisebois has been playing great so far in the pre-season pairing him with a guy like Hainsey who makes ALOT of rookie mistakes cant be good news for Brisebois.

:ghg:

Originally posted by puck7x

Markov - Rivet

Souray - Quintal

Hainsey - Brisebois

Hainsey paired with brisebois? Thats not smart imo... While Brisebois has been playing great so far in the pre-season pairing him with a guy like Hainsey who makes ALOT of rookie mistakes cant be good news for Brisebois.

On the other hand, I like the idea of seeing Brisebois on the THIRD pair... hopefully well hidden from Ottawa's top lines.

But I have the sinking feeling he'll still be used on the PK... I hope I'm wrong.

Our top 2 pairings I'm happy with.

And the #1 PP unit will be Ryder-Perreault-Audette... anyone have a problem with that?

Ribeiro and Zednik seem like #1 PP material to me... considering our present lineup.

Originally posted by Dalhabs

Hey puck, If u need info from sweden I can try to help u you guys with that. Dont expect to much though caus Im no reporter :P

Hey cool , thanks for the offer , I'll take you up on it..

Thats 2 swedes who have offered their help on the site in the past 2 days :) , Maybe you and ch_nl could work together , if writing isnt your strenght he could do that , while you do something else... Combined you could create jumbo sized reports :)