Game #01 - @ Ottawa (L 5-2)

puck7x

Pretty lousy period from the habs , although they didnt get any breaks , got called on a couple of penalties (some marginal calls) , and the sens scored on a couple of deflections , Theodore not to blame for goals against...

On the plus side Hainsey scored his first NHL goal.

VERY good... now I can do like the bears and go to sleep for the winter and wake up to see who we pick with our number 1 overall draft pick next summer.

can someone tell me why montreal sucks this much?

5-2 Sens after 2...

Sens are just too strong of a team for us , but dont give up on the habs season and say they "suck" just because of one game. We're playing probably the best team in the NHL , they are supposed to beat us...

Well not a great night for the Habs so far. Ryder is playing great in my opinion, im dying to see him on a scoring line. Bulis also has been solid.

Can't blame Theo much, Habs arent giving him an opportunity to make the saves, too many giveaways and bad defensive coverage, the first PK was pathetic.

Montreal is horrible, so much for the new defensive system. Theo has gotta pick up his game big time, untill that happens the team is going nowhere, everytime they got some life he'd let in a bad goal.

Something has to be done about Juneau Dackell and Audette, these guys are making a bad team look even worse. The team would be much better off playing Higgins, Perezhogin and Plekanec.

Some positives:

I thought Hainsey played pretty good

Ribeiro had a nice goal and made some other nice plays.

Ward and Ryder both played good games and got a whole lot better when Julien put Bulis on with them.

Ryder played pretty good on the pp as well.

Hopefully next game against the Leafs Langger will be ready to go and takeover Dwyers spot. Look for a Domi and Langger Scrap!

My lines for next game would be:

Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik

Bulis-Perreault-Ryder

Sundstrom-Higgins-Ward

Langdon-Juneau-Audette

Same D, unless Komi goes in and Hainsey comes out.

But ya gotta give the kid some reward for scoring his first goal.

:ghg:

The team would be much better off playing Higgins, Perezhogin and Plekanec.  

Bonavista, sorry but I strongly disagree. These three are far from being NHL ready, especially on the third line. They would make way too many mitakes and cost us a lot of games. What I agree with you on is this, Juneau, Dackell and Audette (and perreault oh god him too), have overstayed their welcome. I think Ryder-Kilger-Ward would bring much more energy and could be a suitable replacement, even though I see Ryder well with Koivu on RW rather then LW. They should start on the fourth line and gradually take over the third line. This teams in desperate need of Koivu. Perreault did his invisible act again with Audette. Quintal needs a cane, he can't keep up anymore. Dwyer simply can't fight.

Next game I'm hoping to see Higgins taking over the 4th line center spot and Komisarek taking Quintals spot.

Theo has gotta pick up his game big time, untill that happens the team is going nowhere, everytime they got some life he'd let in a bad goal.  

And which bad goals would this be? the double deflection? or how about the point blank one timer on the 2 on 1?

Please, don't blame Theo for the team's bad defense, it just isnt fair.