Game Thread | Penguins Vs. Canadiens | 03/18/06

Spider-Man NL

penguins_logo.jpgvssmall2.gifcanadiens_logo.jpg

pitt50.gif16-38-12 : 44 Points (15th in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif31-25-9 : 71 Points (8th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

3395.gif# 29 M-A Fleury (9-22-5), 3.26 GAApitt50.gif

montreal50.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (11-7-4), 2.24 GAA 2311.gif

Penguins Roster

Link

Canadiens Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Zednik - Koivu - Ryder

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Bulis - Plekanec - Higgins

Begin - Murray - Bonk

d.jpg

Souray - Rivet

Streit - Komisarek

Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg

Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Nov. 10th, 2005:montreal50.gif2 pitt50.gif3 SO

Jan. 3rd, 2006:pitt50.gif6 montreal50.gif4

4680_3.jpg

KovyPens.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on:

l_RDS.gifCenterIce.jpg & CBC.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We gotta break out of this scoring slump! Let's hope the Pens are good for an easy 8-10 goals...

GO HABS GO!!!

:hlogo:

GO SAKU GO!!!!!!!

Get some of these clowns off your back.

7-3 Habs

Saku -Hat-trick

:rolleyes:

That stuff you been smokin' must be dynamite!

I do think the Habs will win tho, thanks for big games for Souray and Kovalev. I also think either Begin or Higgins will come through...both are due.

If we lose 3 in a row than the slump can officially begin. It's not time to lose now. Especially since my friend is a Pens fan and I can't stand losing a third time to them.

We are winless against the Pens this season.

Winless. Against. The. Pens.

The Pens have dominated us this seasons -- The PITTSBURGH FUGGIN' PENGUINS.

We win this game or else we go straight into the toilet, got to come out firing and not let up. Go Habs Go!!!

The rest of march is rather "easy" for the Habs.

2 games vs the Penguins

2 games vs the Maple Lafs

2 games vs the Islanders

1 game vs the Capitals

(Hey, it beats playing carolina)

This is our chance to score lots of wins and secure the 8th place going into april (and possibly move up to 7th again)

We need to come out on top early, score lots of goals and boost confidence for the final stretch.

5-0 Habs, 6th shutout for Cristowall (Ryder (2), Koivu, Rivet, Bégin)

4-2 Habs

I boldly predict that Crosby will run around and whine a lot AND that he takes a stupid penalty.

Based on a 91 point qualifier from years past:

Once again this is off topic but the magic number for the Habs is .590 :D required in games remaining.

Leafs? .735 :lool:

Leafs cannot incur 5 losses in regulation, they can only sustain 4. Anymore and it's time for Eagle and I'm not talking goalies either.

Go Habs :hlogo:

Koivu = hat trick

By hat trick do you mean 3 goals or 3 shots? Because I think 3 shots is above his head, as it is.

I think its funny that one player can state Crosby is a crybaby (from the eternal crybaby Alfie no less) to the media and then the entire world labels him that way instantly.

He has said some things that have bothered him (extra shots at "the Next One" that Ovechkin doesn't get) after frustrating losses but he is only 18 freakin years old, give him a break!

I'd whine if I suddenly realized that the pens are destined to be at the bottom of the league for eternity and I have to be here for at least 7 years too.

Crosby has been known to be a whiner for awhile, and he even admitted as much, saying he was going to try and tone it down, although he's an emotional players.

Yes he is only 18 or 19, but so is Ovechkin and he's showing maturity beyond his 19 years. This guy doesn't like a hit he took, he steamrolls a guy with a better hit.

Crosby needs to learn he's not the king of the castle anymore. He needs to earn everybodies respect. It isn't given out for free in the NHL

The only reasons why some players complain is because Crosby is a rookie and rookies should stay quiet and put up with whatever happens to them (old sports mentality that rookies should shut up).

Gretzky and Lemieux were major whiners also but they did it at an older age so that's ok?

I'm glad the kid is speaking up, it shows character...something the Habs lack in a big way!!!

I understand where some people are coming from with this Crosby business and his attitude. But come on, if the Habs lasted 4 more picks in the draft lottery, I'm pretty damn sure no Habs fan would be complaining about it.

I understand where some people are coming from with this Crosby business and his attitude. But come on, if the Habs lasted 4 more picks in the draft lottery, I'm pretty damn sure no Habs fan would be complaining about it.

Agreed. Only 6 more years to go before we make is wish of playing for the Habs come thrue. Hopefully, this is not how long we will have to wait before having a star on our roster.

Edited by Komisarek the Cruncher