Game Thread | Penguins Vs. Canadiens | 03/18/06

Spider-Man NL

le Dauphiné Libéré: Si Montréal n'est pas en playoff dans quelques semaines, jouerez-vous avec l'équipe de France à Amiens lors du Mondial ?

Cristobal Huet: Normalement, oui.

*jinx*

For me, that's a win-win situation ;)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Mondya we're oging to have fu nwith the Penguins fan at my school! :D

Jinxed!!

We can't blaim Aebi for everything, the D was horrible again. It remembers me of a Habs player that said D wasn't the same when they had Theo behind them, or a redhot Huet. They were putting evreything as fast as possible out of the D-zone when Theo was in nets (now with AeBy cuz they have no Faith. With a guy like Huet they are not so quick and try to play more, create chances. And not shoot everything out of the D-zone as fast as possible, cuz when they mess up they always can rely on the guy between the pipes. First thing i thought about when i read this morning about the loss.

But yes Aeby was bad, plz put Huet in for most of the games. Don't burn him before playoffs

BTW does anybody have some footage about Cube leaving the ice, and the fight after the Cube got hurt?

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Yeah I know, and maybe the game would have been different if Frankie could have finished the game.

Update on his injury Gainey said that Bouillon only has a bruise no break but tons of swelling.

NHL.COM says it also. Nothing damaged!

Bouillon injured his left leg early in the second and was taken to a hospital for X-rays after he fell heavily into the boards behind the Penguins' net. The X-rays came back negative and Bouillon has a bruised leg.

Hey guys,

I intentionally didn't post last night because I was too damn angry. Now that I'm thinking clearly I'm still too damn angry, but here goes anyway.

My guess is that you, me, the 21,000 strong in the Bell Centre and the entire Habs bench said 'What the ?' when Abby was given the nod. No matter how management tries to rationalize it sitting your MVP candidate in back to back games makes little sense.

We scored four goals Saturday - big deal. We had 20 quality scoring chances, maybe more. Prognosis, if our forwards played the game in front of a giant harbour they couldn't.....well you know. Too many passess down low. Just shoot the biscuit at the basket.

The hit that took Bouillon out wasn't an intent to injure but it sure as heck should have been an interference penalty.

Speaking of penalties, we still take too many hooking calls. Crying to refs on the way to the box can't be helping us get future breaks, either. What a bunch of cry babies we are cheering. The entire officiating community must hate doing our games.

Finally, and some what positively, how great is it that we can lose three straight at home and still be in a playoff position. The East is Least.

Thanks to all who made it this far,

Greggie

Ooow, one addition.

Does anyone else wonder if Saku is insulted by the AIM Trimark investors commercial they run the shit out of on TV.

'No one builds Vinter tires like us Fins.' - Fin tire guy.

'That's because no one but you Fins needs winter tires 12 months out of the year.' - short sighted investor.

Come on, you know you thought about it.

It might explain his scoring slump

Edited by GreggieMcHabfan

No matter how bad Aebischer is, the Theodore trade was still a great one:

Even if Aebischer never does play well: we got rid of a very expensive bum and got a much cheaper bum in return, allowing us to free up the cap room to operate.

Oh great no we are determining trades by whos the cheaper and more expensive bum? Thats not exactly a sign of a good GM?

THis ######ing deal is looking better and better for Colorado! Atleast they arn't paying Theodore right now.

This team is ######ing horrible. How do you lose your most important game of the year to arguably the worst team in the league, while fighting for your playoff lives? This is a ######ing joke. Luckily Atlanta lost, that is the only good thing that happened last night.

No matter how bad Aebischer is, the Theodore trade was still a great one:

Even if Aebischer never does play well: we got rid of a very expensive bum and got a much cheaper bum in return, allowing us to free up the cap room to operate.

YESSSSSSSS!

Jinxed!!

We can't blaim Aebi for everything, the D was horrible again. It remembers me of a Habs player that said D wasn't the same when they had Theo behind them, or a redhot Huet. They were putting evreything as fast as possible out of the D-zone when Theo was in nets (now with AeBy cuz they have no Faith. With a guy like Huet they are not so quick and try to play more, create chances. And not shoot everything out of the D-zone as fast as possible, cuz when they mess up they always can rely on the guy between the pipes. First thing i thought about when i read this morning about the loss.

But yes Aeby was bad, plz put Huet in for most of the games. Don't burn him before playoffs

BTW does anybody have some footage about Cube leaving the ice, and the fight after the Cube got hurt?

You are 100% correct, our D was playing like they played when Theo was in net, afraid.

Abby was terrible last night, absolutely horrible. The poor, scared play of our Dmen just exposed it more. In Abby's defense, it can't be easy coming to a new team, new community where the fans are nuts! Imagine Abby's thoughts when the crowd started chanting HU-ET, HU-ET, HU-ET........ He needs to play on the road for now-the bell center will eat him alive untill he can prove himself.

All that said, why the hell didn't Huet get the start in the first place? we are 8th spot, one ahead of Atlanta and other teams not far behind. Is it really an appropriate time to gamble?

Oh great no we are determining trades by whos the cheaper and more expensive bum? Thats not exactly a sign of a good GM?

THis ######ing deal is looking better and better for Colorado! Atleast they arn't paying Theodore right now.

This team is ######ing horrible. How do you lose your most important game of the year to arguably the worst team in the league, while fighting for your playoff lives? This is a ######ing joke. Luckily Atlanta lost, that is the only good thing that happened last night.

The trade from a Montreal perspective is simply Theo for 5 Million bucks in cap space i'll take that deal anyday. Wait until that money is used in the offseason to finnish your analysis.

People need to stop defending Aebischer he is here to be a backup, I don't care about his confidence the man should sit on the bench and play once every 5 games so Huet doesn't get tired. There is no competition here, he is not a starter he is not a tandem. He is a BACKUP on this team for the rest of the year. At the end of the year, we can cut him lose.

We now know what the market will be for Huet, as Tim THomas has signed a 3 year deal averaging 1.1 M. Huet should get the same amount IMO. And Danis will form a real tandem with Mr. Huet. Danis has more talent in his pinky finger than Aebischer.

And other than the first goal Aebischer has fault to varying degrees in all the rest. The second one made me want to puke. He was trying to get his stick unstuck instead of stopping the puck. He left hte net wide open, I could've friggin put that in, what bonehead play. Third goal, terrible rebound. And on and on.

This Whole debate is a joke, Aebischer is not a starter on this team there is no debate, he's had his two chances and cost us valuable valuable points, now it's time to go back to the man we trust.

HUET HUET HUET HUET HUET

The trade from a Montreal perspective is simply Theo for 5 Million bucks in cap space i'll take that deal anyday. Wait until that money is used in the offseason to finnish your analysis.

IF your analyzing this trade based on what Montreal will do in the free agency period in the offseason then your delusional. Montreal will not go out and pick up a big name free agent, if thats what your thinking.

Old BG hasn't been too swift so far on the signing end of things, so theres no reason to believe that even if he was going to use some of the saved money on a player, that he'd even bring the right person in.

Knowing him he'll go after a goaltender....he seems to like them alot.

Drafts Price

Overpays Theodore, then trades him for another stiff goalie Aebischer....

NOw he'll probably go out and sign another goalie in the offseason just to complicate things further.

But I do agree with you that Aebischer has to go, or maybe even Huet. Danis should get a shot next year. Montreal needs to find out if this guy can play or not. He can't play in Hamilton for another year, and we definitley don't need to find out that he's a #1 goalie on somebody else's team

The thing about the Theo/Aebischer trade is Gainey made a mistake in signing Theodore to the contract in the first place. Yes the Habs wouldn't have gotten a goalie back if they hadn't signed Theo but right now I would rather have Garon in net. Hindsight is 50/50 but I am very disappointed in how Gainey is running this team at the moment. Things need to happen in the offseason or this team will continue to barely squeak into the playoffs year after year.

who the heck thought signing theo was a mistake? i thought it was too much money but if you don't sign him the gm gets lynched . Nobody thought he would suck like he did. he's gone and we got $ to play with. We can address some weaknesses on the team knowing that we have more up and coming goalies than any team in the league. Getting rid of theo was a great move and I for one think it took a near genius to do it. I figured we might get a bag of pucks and a roll of tape (used). :D

who the heck thought signing theo was a mistake? i thought it was too much money but if you don't sign him the gm gets lynched . Nobody thought he would suck like he did. he's gone and we got $ to play with. We can address some weaknesses on the team knowing that we have more up and coming goalies than any team in the league. Getting rid of theo was a great move and I for one think it took a near genius to do it. I figured we might get a bag of pucks and a roll of tape (used). :D

It didn't take a genious to make that trade. It took Pierre Lacroix (ok maybe he's the genius) to fleece the Canadiens for another goaltender... So far its looking ok. Theodore's not playing right now, He'll play in the playoffs when Colorado doesn't have to pay him, and Montreal is paying for Aebischer, a guy who couldn't even stop Andre Roy. A guy who has lost consecutive games, giving up 10 goals. A guy who couldn't beat the 30th place team in the league....so far on the Lacroix/Gainey genius scale...Lacroix 1, Gainey no score

And if you wanna go back 10 years. Lacroix 2, Montreal Canadiens no score.

It didn't take a genious to make that trade. It took Pierre Lacroix (ok maybe he's the genius) to fleece the Canadiens for another goaltender... So far its looking ok. Theodore's not playing right now, He'll play in the playoffs when Colorado doesn't have to pay him, and Montreal is paying for Aebischer, a guy who couldn't even stop Andre Roy. A guy who has lost consecutive games, giving up 10 goals. A guy who couldn't beat the 30th place team in the league....so far on the Lacroix/Gainey genius scale...Lacroix 1, Gainey no score

And if you wanna go back 10 years. Lacroix 2, Montreal Canadiens no score.

When we don't re-sign or trade Abby next year. Continue with Huet untill our brilliant young goalies, (Danis,Halak,Price) make they're way up to the big league. An off season pick up of a defenseman and power forward, with the money saved by trading Theo. For a goalie of equal value.....yes I said equal.

You will be singing a different song.

After 2 games your taking a genius pole?

Maby you shlould become a Quebec Avalanche fan, you'll be happier. :wacko:

kaos, I think you should be a little more patient. He only played 2 games. He had one pretty good game and one terrible game. It wasn't he who lost against the worst team in the league (and this wasn't our most important game of the season, by the way), it was the whole team. So far the only insults to say about Aebischer are "he couldn't even stop Andre Roy" (who cares who took the shot? he's gotta score sometimes), "he lost two consecutive games" (name me one goalie in NHL history who hasn't), "a guy who gave up 10 goals in 2 games" (on a team with meidocre defence who is playing without their star defenceman... + the team gave up after a 5-on-3 goal and a couple of other PP goals not to mentoin that Bouillon took hi mdown on the first one) and " A guy who couldn't beat the 30th place team in the league" (they have something like 20 wins - 3 of them against Montreal. Yes, a third of the teams in the league have lost to the Pittsburgh Penguins and only so little because they never get a chance to play some of the bad teams in the West). By the way, Theo lost 2 games to the 30th place team in the leagu this season.

So far the score is still tied. Even if Aebischer is complete crap and we put him on waivers then it's nothing + $5M for nothing + $1.9M. Hopefully Aebischer wakes up. If not then Huet is more than enough for the moment.

When we don't re-sign or trade Abby next year. Continue with Huet untill our brilliant young goalies, (Danis,Halak,Price) make they're way up to the big league. An off season pick up of a defenseman and power forward, with the money saved by trading Theo. For a goalie of equal value.....yes I said equal.

You will be singing a different song.

After 2 games your taking a genius pole?

Maby you shlould become a Quebec Avalanche fan, you'll be happier. :wacko:

Maybe you should learn proper sentences, and I'll be alot happier. What the hell does When we don't re-sign or trade Abby next year mean? Is there a point to that sentence.

Montrel won't pick up a defenseman of signifigance nor will they get a powerforward, unless Latendresse happens to make the team.

I just don't see where you are getting these players from?

And who is this goalie you refer to? Mmmmm?

kaos, I think you should be a little more patient. He only played 2 games. He had one pretty good game and one terrible game. It wasn't he who lost against the worst team in the league (and this wasn't our most important game of the season, by the way), it was the whole team. So far the only insults to say about Aebischer are "he couldn't even stop Andre Roy" (who cares who took the shot? he's gotta score sometimes), "he lost two consecutive games" (name me one goalie in NHL history who hasn't), "a guy who gave up 10 goals in 2 games" (on a team with meidocre defence who is playing without their star defenceman... + the team gave up after a 5-on-3 goal and a couple of other PP goals not to mentoin that Bouillon took hi mdown on the first one) and " A guy who couldn't beat the 30th place team in the league" (they have something like 20 wins - 3 of them against Montreal. Yes, a third of the teams in the league have lost to the Pittsburgh Penguins and only so little because they never get a chance to play some of the bad teams in the West). By the way, Theo lost 2 games to the 30th place team in the leagu this season.

So far the score is still tied. Even if Aebischer is complete crap and we put him on waivers then it's nothing + $5M for nothing + $1.9M. Hopefully Aebischer wakes up. If not then Huet is more than enough for the moment.

Why be patient, I've been patient through a horrible 25 game stretch this year that saw us go from contending in the division to fighting for a playoff spot. I saw us trade away our MVP/Vezina winning goalie, who admittley struggled this year, to save $5 Million and get a crappy goalie who's given up 10 goals in two games, and by most hockey peoples opinion was never taking Colorado anywhere...wheres Jetsniper, ask him. Hence why he is now in Montreal.

And this....... "So far the score is still tied. Even if Aebischer is complete crap and we put him on waivers then it's nothing + $5M for nothing + $1.9M..... is crap. Its fine untill you ask the question, what happens if Theodore takes Colorado to a cup either this year or next. Or even just deep into the playoffs, while Montreal struggles to make the playoffs. Yeah maybe highly unlikely, but still a chance. Then that sentence is shit. It becomes, wow, we just got fleeced again by The Colorado Avalanche and gave up an MVP/Vezina and Stanley Cup winning goalie for nothing.

No, this just stinks.

And its going to stink more when nothing happens to improve this team come Free Agency time.

Now I absolutley hope that I am wrong. But I just don't see it happening, judging by past performances

We lost this game because of goaltending, pure and simple. The team did NOT play poorly. They had plenty of chances. Fleury was great (after a poor start) and Aebischer stunk. This was one that we would have won easily with even a sub-standard Huet...

- Jack

Maybe you should learn proper sentences, and I'll be alot happier. What the hell does When we don't re-sign or trade Abby next year mean? Is there a point to that sentence.

Montrel won't pick up a defenseman of signifigance nor will they get a powerforward, unless Latendresse happens to make the team.

I just don't see where you are getting these players from?

And who is this goalie you refer to? Mmmmm?

Why be patient, I've been patient through a horrible 25 game stretch this year that saw us go from contending in the division to fighting for a playoff spot. I saw us trade away our MVP/Vezina winning goalie, who admittley struggled this year, to save $5 Million and get a crappy goalie who's given up 10 goals in two games, and by most hockey peoples opinion was never taking Colorado anywhere...wheres Jetsniper, ask him. Hence why he is now in Montreal.

And this....... "So far the score is still tied. Even if Aebischer is complete crap and we put him on waivers then it's nothing + $5M for nothing + $1.9M..... is crap. Its fine untill you ask the question, what happens if Theodore takes Colorado to a cup either this year or next. Or even just deep into the playoffs, while Montreal struggles to make the playoffs. Yeah maybe highly unlikely, but still a chance. Then that sentence is shit. It becomes, wow, we just got fleeced again by The Colorado Avalanche and gave up an MVP/Vezina and Stanley Cup winning goalie for nothing.

No, this just stinks.

And its going to stink more when nothing happens to improve this team come Free Agency time.

Now I absolutley hope that I am wrong. But I just don't see it happening, judging by past performances

Well we can't turn back time and whether or not we think it's a good deal now or in free agency we can change it. So let's turn our attention to supporting our team's quest for the playoffs and criticising our current players who aren't performing like Aebischer, who we shouldn't be able to critisize for a while since he'll be sitting on the bench.

Go HABS GO

Well until they play a good game, as a team they deserve to be critisized...

But I'll be sitting there every night on my couch this week, watching and cheering, and hopefully not left screaming at the TV as the last few seconds tick away in the 3rd period

That is the worst feeling in the world eh Kaos I am always pissed at the end of losses my tv's and remote controls in the past having taken monster beatings haha.

Yeah. I more take it out on the pillows or just yell ######. I don't like destroying remotes, cause I'm too cheap to go out and buy more....lol

Actually I get more upset during the game. By the end of the game I've accepted the fact that they're going to lose and am pretty calm. Unless ofcourse its a last second goal or an OT loss.

I don't get mad at shootouts. I think they're useless and don't watch them

OK I've forgotten about this game.. and the Pens entirely!

What.... Crosby who??? Pittsburg has a hockey team??? Get out of hereeee!!!!

Yeah hopefully not for long. Pittsburgh is so pathetic, Ihope they move the team. They make me sick. Not too mention Crosby, Malkina and Fleury, but now they'll probably add Johnson or Kessel...that sucks