Game Thread | Penguins Vs. Canadiens | 03/18/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw the other games. Ours is much more important.

but this one is pissing me off!

i am comforting myself with the misery of my enemies!

none-the-less - i'm done scoreboard watching for tonight

Edited by revvvrob

but this one is pissing me off!

i am comforting myself with the misery of my enemies!

Same with me lol, I need something to give me hope...

If the Habs are going to do something, it needs to be done Now...

There's no killer instinct on this team. Pittsburgh doesn't even belong on the same ice as the Habs.

Instead of walking into the playoffs with plenty of breathing room, the real Habs only show up when a playoff berth is on the line. To me that indicates a lack of pride in what they do.

We Lose another IMPORTANT GAMe..

I hate to do it, but starting Abeischer was a HUGE mistake....I think it's safe to say the experiment is now over.

HUET IS OUR #1 and HE should start every game next week

Oh yeah.. and everyone who was saying before the game, oh give Aebischer another start to get his confidence the Pens suck...well they've beaten us a whole crapload this year and I'm sure this will do wonders for his confidence, he'll be extra great sitting on the bench now.

We're super lucky that we're not in 9th place right now, and as of tommorow we could be 5 points behind tampa. What a time to go into the shitter again.

Markov should be playing MONDAY thankfully and HUET also, because without them we fall apart and play like a midget team

I just hope Gainey is happy. He just cost us 2 critical points. If we get even mediocre goaltending tonight, we win. If he wanted to start Aebischer, then the time to do it was on one of our upcoming back-to-back games, not NOW!!!

I have really liked Gainey as coach up to now, but this was a completely stupid move. Huet was HOT. Pittsburgh can score. Good goaltending + poor Penguins defense = victory.

Gainey just cost us 2 points with this dumb, "exhibition season" move.

- Jack

Well guys that was a rough one for sure.

I was against Aebi starting tonight to bad Bob did not consult me.

I sure hope Huet is well rested because if I were Gainey I would ride Huet for all four games next week that’s right 4 games in 6 nights I hope Huet starts all of them. But that will probably not happen Aebi will get a start on the road Monday or Tuesday, I sure hope he can come up big.

All in all a great offensive game from out boys though, when Markov comes back he will add that extra zip. Hopefully Frankie is ok he was spectacular this evening. At least the Habs are still in 8th.

Final shots on goal 46-23 wow.

I just hope Gainey is happy. He just cost us 2 critical points. If we get even mediocre goaltending tonight, we win. If he wanted to start Aebischer, then the time to do it was on one of our upcoming back-to-back games, not NOW!!!

I have really liked Gainey as coach up to now, but this was a completely stupid move. Huet was HOT. Pittsburgh can score. Good goaltending + poor Penguins defense = victory.

Gainey just cost us 2 points with this dumb, "exhibition season" move.

- Jack

I agree, i said it before the game and I'll say it again and again and again.

Now we're in a situation where we have to play a Washington team we suck against and an Islanders team still in the hunt, back to back and we have to have HUET start both. Followed by two tough games against the Leafs. I sincerely hope Gainey has learned his lesson and won't ###### around with the goaltending anymore. Huet has been amazing he has given up 2 goals in his last 3 games. This is no tandem here, Huet is the #1 PERIOD.

Aebischer should only be used in fatigue situations or back to back games, but that's out the window now this week.....I can't say how angry I am at this, i saw this coming you can read the posts before the game, how coudl Gainey not see it.

Gainey gambled with Aebischer tonight, and everyone lost. Frustrating when the Thrashers and leaf both were stopped, we couldn't pick up two points against the last-place team (who have swept us this season).

This year's Habs do know how to keep us biting our nails, that's for sure!

I think Aebischer is now a #1* goalie as opposed to a #1.

That's being generous, as far as I'm concerned he should be the # sit on the bench and get splinters in your ass goalie.

I'm still in shock at this move by Gainey, I am very interested to see his post game conference comments, because that was the sole reason we lost.

and I"m looking forward to next week and try and keep positive, some scoreboard watching tommorow will keep me biting my nails.

HUET HUET HUET

Huet Huet Huet Huet

Better be in net next game.

I am unbelievably pissed. losing to Pittsburgh? C'MON!!!

:hlogo: