Game Thread | Montreal Vs. New York | 03/21/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard for me to hate on the Laffs (wow, never thougth Id utter that phrase) as much as I'm hating on Koivu right now. Because I'm looking at them hanging tough in that game against the Canes, and have to grudgingly give them just a teeny weeny smidgen of respect.

Yes Koivu is in a slump. Being in a slump at an important time is bad, but should not result in him losing the "C". He has been a great leader, and a great team player for years, even after overcoming so much. He will rebound, and soon everyone will forget this ever happend...

Yes Koivu is in a slump. Being in a slump at an important time is bad, but should not result in him losing the "C". He has been a great leader, and a great team player for years, even after overcoming so much. He will rebound, and soon everyone will forget this ever happend...

He hasn't scored in 19 games...that's a LOOOONG slump! But, know what? If he was out there working his ass off at both ends, and making smart plays with the puck to spring other guys, it wouldn't be such a big deal. :angry2:

DiPietro did play very well.

Look. We're all frustrated, but for the Koivu bashing to take on a life of its own is pathetic.

I am ashamed to be part of the same "fan club" as some of you right now.

Like he's the only problem.

I am now about to take a sabbatical from this forum and some of you fools.

As for the others, I apologize but I can't take the shitty with the great right now. And I am finding that I have less good to say about some of you than bad. And it's tough to be a "Saint" when that's the case.

Later boys,

Matt

So they lost... big deal! Life goes on... the sun will rise tomorrow and all of those platitudes.

Bottom line, SUCK IT UP! It's just a game, just entertainment for us. Enjoy the good times, endure the harder ones. What the heck... simply enjoy no matter what happens.

:king: :hockey: :hlogo: :hockey: :king:

Look. We're all frustrated, but for the Koivu bashing to take on a life of its own is pathetic.

I am ashamed to be part of the same "fan club" as some of you right now.

Like he's the only problem.

I am now about to take a sabbatical from this forum and some of you fools.

As for the others, I apologize but I can't take the shitty with the great right now. And I am finding that I have less good to say about some of you than bad. And it's tough to be a "Saint" when that's the case.

Later boys,

Matt

Koivu is hardly the only problem, but he's the most glaring problem. This is compounded by the fact that he is supposed to be the leader of the team, and great leaders lead by example.

Koivu is hardly the only problem, but he's the most glaring problem. This is compounded by the fact that he is supposed to be the leader of the team, and great leaders lead by example.

He didn't play that well tonight, but the last 2 games, he has been playing much better, but nobody was finnishing his set ups.

So they lost... big deal! Life goes on... the sun will rise tomorrow and all of those platitudes.

Bottom line, SUCK IT UP! It's just a game, just entertainment for us. Enjoy the good times, endure the harder ones. What the heck... simply enjoy no matter what happens.

:king: :hockey: :hlogo: :hockey: :king:

That brought a tear to my eye :P

Well said Shortcat, well said! ^_^

well it is a compelling situation -- the Habs teetering on the brink and now our nemesis the leaf have have a chance kick our ass in a back-to-back series.

So let's just get out and annihilate the leaf!

Guys, come on. Lets cut this out. We're Habs fans and its just a game. Focus your hate on the Laffs :P

Amen, BRC! Say it loud, say it clear. :)

He hasn't scored in 19 games...that's a LOOOONG slump! But, know what? If he was out there working his ass off at both ends, and making smart plays with the puck to spring other guys, it wouldn't be such a big deal. :angry2:

Jesus man so if we put the C on rivet or someone else then all our troubles would be solved?

Why didnt anyone think of that sooner. Maybe we would be first overall

Cause we have such a talent laiden team. I mean the likes of todd simpson and mark Streit

with bonk and sunny you know guys like that.

Face it we are a mediocre team which gets great goaltending on most nights. Huet cant score so it isnt his fault. But to put everything on koivu cause he is in a slump. Thats not right. Stop looking for a scape goat.

Its a team game.

That brought a tear to my eye :P

Well said Shortcat, well said! ^_^

Let's have a mutual admiration society all for ourselves... :)