Game Thread | Islanders Vs. Canadiens | 03/28/06

Spider-Man NL

Wow! What did Cherry have to say about that? If a Leaf made a hit like that he would have to change his pants.

He said nothing about that. He was bleating like a farm animal at the plight of his pathetic Leafs, but directing it at how Simpson didn't look good in a scuffle with Domi, and how the 4th goal shouldn't have counted. Predictable fare.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only would I like a little 'breathin' room (my nails are suffering) I would also like to avoid the Sens/'Canes in the first round. I think we could surprise some people vs the Flyers.

Go Habs Go!

Habs 4 Isles 2

We've done quite well vs. the Flyers.. I'd love to see a matchup... especially since I don't want to have to sit through the 'Canes sweeping us first round! :D

It seems like many people don't want to play the Hurricanes. In my opinion, it doesn't really matter who we play.

All 4 of the possible teams have their weaknesses.

Canes: Goaltending (unproven in the playoffs) not to mention suspect defence.

Sens: Solid all around except the health of Hasek and they've never proved anything in the playoffs.

Flyers: Goaltending is unproven overall health and speed.

Rangers: Goaltending is unproven, Defence.

Things change in the playoffs and unless a team has truly proven goaltending they are beatable. I'm not saying we would win, we also have unproven goaltending. But in my opinion any of these teams is beatable come playoff time. The playoffs are a different animal. I say lets stop worrying about who we play, let's get in and go after whoever it is.

Gerber may not have too much playoff experience, but can you think of a team that has owned us more than the Canes this year?

Teams i'd like to go against (based on current playoff standings)

1 - PHI

2 - TB

3 - NJ

4 - NYR

5 - BUF

6 - OTT

7 - CAR

I wouldn't want to play NJ. I hate playing them in the season. I would also rather play Buffalo and NYR then Tampa.

Gerber may not have too much playoff experience, but can you think of a team that has owned us more than the Canes this year?

Teams i'd like to go against (based on current playoff standings)

1 - PHI

2 - TB

3 - NJ

4 - NYR

5 - BUF

6 - OTT

7 - CAR

Hey Lazy we need this conversation over here......

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?show...770entry90770

Put Huet in goal please! Please?

I don,t know why but the team play like crap when anyone but Huet is in goal. Add to that than Huet is the better goaler...

Huge win by Carolina over Tampa Bay thank you Mark Recchi

and Kubina went out with a lower-body injury?!?!

they are just getting decimated by the injuries.

No Kubina, No Burke, No Boyle... ouch.

Edited by simonus

There is no way the Habs can play the Devils in the first round Uness somehow Montrea can win the North East or the Devils win the Atlantic.

its just wishfull thinking...they will prolly go against the rangers or the canes....they canes scare me alot...the are way more dominante team then the habs...but miracles happen in the playoffs...thats why its the best time of the year :)

Who cares. Lets play Ottawa, Carolina or Buffalo in a 7 game series and see what these guys have. Who cares, Montreal is the underdog and not suppose to win. T he pressure is squarely on the Sens, Canes or Sabres.....

Or how about wrapping up a playoff spot before jabbering on about this.

First off, let me say thank you to Kaos for saying what i've been trying to say all along.

Second...for the MVP, let me first off say that i would vote for HUET,

But, i want everyone to look at the stats for Markov this season, I don't think people have appreciated how well he's played. When looking at this stats he has

40 Points in 56 games - Impressive right. It gets better, when you consider his very very slow start where he had only 2 points in his frist 12 games while adjusting to the new NHL team etc... Since then

38 Points in 44 Games from a Dman WOW. That is extremely impressive. I give two thumbs up. Heck i just conviced myself to vote for Co-MVPs.

Markov and HUET Co-MVPs.

Going for 6th place tommorow...Extra cushion can't hurt.

GO HABS GO

game time is now less than 20 hours away.

WOOOO

GO HABS GO

GO SAKU GO

GO HUET GO