Bulis Will Be Gone

GoHabs2002

RDS

Gainey said that Bulis wants an offensive role, so now Gainey will be comparing him to the offensive players of the team and that's why he's been sitting out. Gainey says Bulis isn't happy playing 14-15 mins a game and wants some PP time.

I guess that clears they air on what will happen to Bulis. He'll take the initiative and leave during the off-season.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we'd better not lose bulis... give him a shift here and there on the PP and keep him happy... he's a valuable player...

Love to see the Practice ethic from Zednick and specialy Ribs They know they need to be up to the challenge and stop sucking!

Extra Bonus Bonk's character HE is HOT now and still wishes to be Good for him to be praticing!

Definitley I think Gainey will try and trade him sometime before the free agency period. Even he only gets a later round draft pick in return. I guess the ideal solution would be a package of Aebischer, Bulis, and others(young prospects and early draft picks) for a defenseman or offensive forward that can help this club.

And if he does leave in Free Agency, the youngsters like Higgins, Plekanec, Perezhogin and Kostitsyn will make us forget all about him. No big loss

We win a few games, and we're ready to dump a guy who's played his heart out for this team? Give me a break! Bulis is a valuable part of this organization, and I just think it's just a matter of time before he and Gainey agree as to what his role on this team will be..........Know why? Cause. at the end, he's a team player!!

I am pretty sure that Bulis is a UFA so he is not worth much because why would someone trade something for someone they know they can get for free.

Thats why I said a later round draft pick...or.... package including prospects and players. Somebody may want the right to deal with him before he hits the free agent market.

Could simply be a trade for a 7th round pick. Maybe get the pick back that we lost for Simpson.

We win a few games, and we're ready to dump a guy who's played his heart out for this team? Give me a break! Bulis is a valuable part of this organization, and I just think it's just a matter of time before he and Gainey agree as to what his role on this team will be..........Know why? Cause. at the end, he's a team player!!

Yes we the Habs are ready to dump this guy. He's not getting playing time now, whats he going to do when next year Higgins, Plekanec, Perezhogin all have a year under their belts and Kostitsyn needing playing time.

That means if everything stayed the way it is, Koivu, Higgins, Ryder, Kovalev, Perezhogin, Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Zednik and Ribeiro all looking to play on the top two lines.

I don't hear any of them complaining about ice time.

Fact is Montreal has an abundance of forwards and needs to make some room to get some of these guys more playing time.

So yes, as good a defensive player as Bulis has been, and he's contributed some goals, but its time to send him on his way and play the younger ( and as an added bonus, cheaper) guys who can contribute more offensively.

But its better to load up on draft picks for Bulis, what is he worth, a 2nd rounder?

I doubt it. Maybe a 4th rounder tops.

I like Bulis but lets face facts. WE CANT KEEP EVERYBODY. We have lots of kids to consider next year (especially at forward) and Gainey had earlier implied that he was finished negotiating with next years free agents after he did the Koivu deal. Reading between the lines would leave us with the impression that all others will be considered along with the list of available players from other teams, come the summer. Guys like Latendresse almost made this squad this year and will be strong candidates for any available openings. If losing Bulis leads to adding a better player ( Richards for example) then how can we let emotional ties get in the way? Gainey is the man and we need to trust his instincts.

Edited by HateThoseLeafs

Chances are we're seeing the last of Bulis if him and Gainey are butting heads.

It'd be tough for another team to give up a pick at draft day for a guy headed to UFA in a matter of a month or so. In terms of a package trade, anything can happen..but let's not make assumptions here.

Chances are we're seeing the last of Bulis if him and Gainey are butting heads.

It'd be tough for another team to give up a pick at draft day for a guy headed to UFA in a matter of a month or so. In terms of a package trade, anything can happen..but let's not make assumptions here.

This whole board is based on assumptions, what ifs and rumours. Ultimately though, Bulis is probably history

what?

I did swallow a whole lot of Comas and puntuaction marks but its related to the link that started this thread?

Edited by CoRvInA

HAHAHAHA! FoxSports has Bulis listed as a Dman and the reason why he isnt playing many minutes is because we have an excess of blue liners than need to be played in order to find where they fit on the team.

:hlogo:

HAHAHAHA! FoxSports has Bulis listed as a Dman and the reason why he isnt playing many minutes is because we have an excess of blue liners than need to be played in order to find where they fit on the team.

:hlogo:

link please :blink:

Gainey now know the importance of giving 2 quality offensive lines to his team,.... assigning

Zednick and Dagenais earlier this season to those top lines was a mistake......a mistake that would

have had us compete against Toronto for an 11th position if Huet wouldn't have turned

himself into a miracle sponge to back-us-up.

Carolina and Bufallo are showing us that scoring depth matter in this league.......and

you can only acheive scoring depht if your first two lines are quality solid to start with.

Gainey will need to obtain a proven offensive forward from the UFA market to add to

the top two lines.

The third line will be for our offensive prospects to performe and developpe....Kostitsyn

should joined PleKanec and Perezhogin next year.

In that context, neither Bulis nor Zednick are being up to the challenges required

on our top two lines and our offensive depht on the third line will already be covered by our

young and cheaper players-prospects.

So I see Bulis, Sundstrom gone while Zednick most likely trade.

I like Bulis but we don't have room for him in the role he wants.

Exactly, and that problem only gets worse next year when Kostitsyn joins the club, and the possibilty of atleast 1 other prospect playing well and maybe making the club. This team may go through some significant changes this summer.

I'd suspect Bulis and Sundstrom gone as well. As for Zednik? Not so sure. Maybe through a trade. Be nice if a package of Bulis, Aebischer and Zednik + picks or prospects for something Montreal needs. Then you don't have to worry about losing Bulis for nothing

Exactly, and that problem only gets worse next year when Kostitsyn joins the club, and the possibilty of atleast 1 other prospect playing well and maybe making the club. This team may go through some significant changes this summer.

I'd suspect Bulis and Sundstrom gone as well. As for Zednik? Not so sure. Maybe through a trade. Be nice if a package of Bulis, Aebischer and Zednik + picks or prospects for something Montreal needs. Then you don't have to worry about losing Bulis for nothing

The situation you describe is why I think it might be time to move Perezhogin. Kostitsyn is ready (I hope) and with Higgins playing well there is only so much winger space available, even with Bulis and Sundstrom gone. You may be correct that Zednik is the one to go.

As far as loosing Bulis for nothing, I think that will be a part of hockey now. Look at the NFL, teams let big players go for nothing all the time. The only hope is we can offset loosing Bulis for nothing by picking up a solid UFA for nothing.

As far as loosing Bulis for nothing, I think that will be a part of hockey now. Look at the NFL, teams let big players go for nothing all the time. The only hope is we can offset loosing Bulis for nothing by picking up a solid UFA for nothing.

I agree 100%. It may look strange right now since it's only the first year with the new economic system, but 2-3 years from now, losing someone for nothing will probably be very common.

Also, how do we expect all our young guys to come up and make this team if we don't dump people. With the coming of Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Chipchura, etc, we will need to get rid of some guys otherwise they'll never get the chance. Unfortunately, Danis is finding this out the hard way. Hopefully he gets his chance next year.

Edited by chief_balthor

I agree 100%. It may look strange right now since it's only the first year with the new economic system, but 2-3 years from now, losing someone for nothing will probably be very common.

Also, how do we expect all our young guys to come up and make this team if we don't dump people. With the coming of Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Chipchura, etc, we will need to get rid of some guys otherwise they'll never get the chance. Unfortunately, Danis is finding this out the hard way. Hopefully he gets his chance next year.

Exactly, which is why crafty GM's are going to be so important in the future. Hopefully Gainey can find a way to deal guys like Aebischer, Bulis, Zednik and maybe some prospects for something this team needs.

But if we lose Bulis for nothing, so be it. That seems to be the way things are going.

It's not that we're ready to dump him, I wouldn't mind him staying on, but I personally don't think he will want to stay on unless he's guaranteed a top 6 spot, and Gainey cannot guarantee him that. So I think, they will agree to explore the market and see where that takes the individual parties.