Game Thread | Tiny Tim Vs. Mr. Shutout | 04//04/06

Spider-Man NL

Glad to see our continued dominance over the teddy bears.

Coincidentally, tomorrow I have a job interview with a guy from Boston. Hopefully, the "chit-chat to make the person comfortable" doesn't include hockey. That could get ugly. Singing 'ole ole' at the top of my lungs probably won't improve my chances of getting the job.

:king:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if it's confirmed or not, but I just read the game recap on rds.ca and at the end it implies that Aebischer will get the start on Thursday night.

I again don't really understand this move if it's true. Huet hasn't had much work of late with quite a few days off between games. Can't an Aebischer start wait until next week in back to back games? I suppose if he is going to start this week better against Ottawa (hopefully on the road I haven't checked) than against NEw Jersey

I think its a smart move by Gainey to play Aebischer! Aebischer isnt bad! He needs to regain confidence and the fans need to start to like him! So if he is spectacular against the Senators, wich is considered as the best team in the NHL, all the fans will be singing Aebischer and its good for his confidence.

Gainey really wants Aebischer to have a great game so its better to tell him a couple days in advance so he can prepare for it.

Go AEBY GO !

Well, hopefully it doesn't work out the other way and he gives up another 5 goals. Then the fans will really be all over him. Poor guy has to play Carolina and now Ottawa. To be honest I wanted to see Huet play these teams to see if he can shut them down as well as he did the weaker ones. Well, if Aeby does start, I hope for a great game form him since I'll be at the game cheering on the guys!

*EDIT: P.S. Anyone else from Ottawa gonna be at the game?

Edited by chief_balthor

Well, hopefully it doesn't work out the other way and he gives up another 5 goals. Then the fans will really be all over him. Poor guy has to play Carolina and now Ottawa. To be honest I wanted to see Huet play these teams to see if he can shut them down as well as he did the weaker ones. Well, if Aeby does start, I hope for a great game form him since I'll be at the game cheering on the guys!

*EDIT: P.S. Anyone else from Ottawa gonna be at the game?

I will be at the game Cheif?

Where are your seats?

Would you like to meet at the game?

I will be at the game Cheif?

Where are your seats?

Would you like to meet at the game?

Well, they aren't seats at all LOL! I have standing tickets for the section right behind the Sens net. Can't get much higher than that :)

I guess that's what I get for waiting 2 weeks before the game. Actually, I'm pretty surprised there were any tickets left at all.

Where will you be sitting/standing?

I'm game for meeting up somewhere.

Well, I also think starting Aebischer is a good decision. First of all, it's an away game, so those idiots who pretend to be Habs fans won't have the opportunity to boo him once again. Also, he's got things to prove, and beating a [somewhat dessimated] powerhouse could be a huge boost for his morale (if I remeber correctly, beating Ottawa twice sort of started the whole Huet thing). Besides, Gainey needs to know how David is progressing with Melancon, and also if he will be ready to take over if something was to happen to Huet.

Also, since we have a pretty good margin for error right now, you don't want to risk for Huet to be crushed by Ottawa, and perhaps burst his bubble so close before the series. He's already on a huge high, he's beat Ottawa before, and he already has the starting job for the playoffs, so he doesn't the extra confidence that you get by beating the top team in the conference; Aebischer does.