Gauthier's Hit On Straka

HipHipHuet

Did you see the hit from Flyers Gauthier on Straka tonight? Probably the biggest hit of the year...but wow Gauthier will kill someone one of those days. I cant find any link of the clip if I find I'll post it.

Straka got shaken up but was back on the game...

The team that will face the Flyers in the playoffs should take precaution because when he hits he tries to decapitate you. :o

Wow, that was one hell of a hit. Straka survived it and actually tied the game though.

But ouch, I'm sure he'll be filling the rest of that tomorrow.

Did you see the hit from Flyers Gauthier on Straka tonight? Probably the biggest hit of the year...but wow Gauthier will kill someone one of those days. I cant find any link of the clip if I find I'll post it.

Straka got shaken up but was back on the game...

The team that will face the Flyers in the playoffs should take precaution because when he hits he tries to decapitate you. :o

... yep! :( Such a hit! One from Gauthy, second than from plexi :wall:.

Somebody from fans was calling 911 maybe :mellow: ...

... yep! :( Such a hit! One from Gauthy, second than from plexi :wall:.

Somebody from fans was calling 911 maybe :mellow: ...

Hahaha, yeah for sure! The conversation must have gone something like this:

Fan: "Hi, 911!"

Police: "Hello sir, how may I help you?"

Fan: "This French guy with a visor just levelled this euro guy! But now he's stuck to the plexi glass and I can't see the game!!! I'd like to press charges."

Police: "Alright sir, please calm down. So you'd like to press charges on a French guy w/ the visor!?"

Fan: "No not him, that was a great hit. I want to charge the arena attendants for not scraping this guy off the glass!"

(Okay, Okay. So I'm not a screenwright. Anyway, you get the idea! ;))

A clean charge at full speed...but God when you see it on TV you will understand

That should have been called it was marginal boarding and excessive roughness!

their should be a Maximum speed for hits hahah llove to see the refs with those speeding guns !!

But seriously that was too much!

That should have been called it was marginal boarding and excessive roughness!

their should be a Maximum speed for hits hahah llove to see the refs with those speeding guns !!

But seriously that was too much!

What are you talking about? That hit was amazing and perfectly legal. Straka wasn't facing the boards and Gauthier leveled him with a shoulder. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that hit.

This is the kind of hit I miss in the new NHL, where guys are less likely to lay an opponent out. Hockey used to be a much better combination of skill and physicality. I fear the new rules have eliminated too much of the physical play.

What are you talking about? That hit was amazing and perfectly legal. Straka wasn't facing the boards and Gauthier leveled him with a shoulder. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that hit.

This is the kind of hit I miss in the new NHL, where guys are less likely to lay an opponent out. Hockey used to be a much better combination of skill and physicality. I fear the new rules have eliminated too much of the physical play.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

i dunno... I was watching some older games from the early 90's and the mid 80's and I realize I had totally forgotten just how violent it was. Frankly I am happy to see the more skating oriented game today.

I love the big hitting.

I remember when I was little I would always watch rock'em sock'em videos before I went to play hockey.

Hockey is a physical game.

That said the highlight reel goals are also amazing I enjoy a good mix of both.