Think Like Your Enemy

CoRvInA

If I were the Sens coach I would tell my guys Look ! this is one of the three teams that we have high chances of meeting in the first round... Play your game but emphasis on learing their play and I will specially match you up so you get as much as time with your adversary... so the victory is of a secondary importance tonight!

At least I would have suggested this to Murray had I been one of his assistants... Hope he doesnt pay attention!

If I was Murray, I'd tell them that we might play them in the playoffs, so we should instill a false sense of confidence and let them beat us 122-0... :D

PS - Just so everyone's clear, I mean the Sens coach, not the Habs' Murray...

Edited by lazy26

The Habs need to get out firing on all cylinders and make these guys wish they meet somebody else in the first round. Hit em every chance you get. They played a long hard drawn out game against Buffalo last night and should be a bit weary. Take the body heavy and make em afraid to go into the corners. Show them who's boss

Go Habs

Um, well, if I were coaching the Sens (not a Habs fan coaching the Sens), I'd make sure we win, a 2 pt cushion over Carolina isn't much, and despite the relative parity with the bottom rung playoff teams, the 1st seed still has it's advantages. The Sens wouldn't want to lose the conference by 2 pts or less, then come back and be the away team if it happens that #1 plays #2.

There's enough video, and enough meetings between these two team to play a "practice" game for the playoffs. It's April, and everyone's fighting for their seeding.

If I was Murray, I would have said.....Hey Hasek.....now do you believe in Karma????? Next time just keep your dumb-ass mouth shut.

Totally agree, Im 100% sure that Emery broke a sweat tonight. :hlogo:

Yeah he broke a sweat. But what you did not see at home was him kneel on the ice during all the commercial breaks and appear to be praying to the hockey gods for this game to end and end soon.

Hey lets not forget this Ottawa team was without Chara and Redden and played the game with 3 rookie defensman who should be in the AHL right now.

This is a different team than the one that'll start the playoffs, and if Hasek ever comes back, the toughest team to beat, including Detroit.

It was a good win, but by no means should we be getting to cocky

Hey lets not forget this Ottawa team was without Chara and Redden and played the game with 3 rookie defensman who should be in the AHL right now.

This is a different team than the one that'll start the playoffs, and if Hasek ever comes back, the toughest team to beat, including Detroit.

It is fun to beat the Sens, especially after Hasek's comments. You are 100% right though Kaos, this team is not the real Sens. They are missing very key guys. It would be like if we were missing Souray, Markov and Komisarek - we would be in trouble.

It is fun to beat the Sens, especially after Hasek's comments. You are 100% right though Kaos, this team is not the real Sens. They are missing very key guys. It would be like if we were missing Souray, Markov and Komisarek - we would be in trouble.

Well, I think the irony in all this is that during that infamous 3-0 Sens where all those comments were said, it was us who were short on defense. We had only dressed 5 that game, one of them being Coté who had been called up from Hamilton that very day. Markov was serving his suspension for "shoving" a linesmen after the BS call against the Laffs in OT, and I'm not sure who else was injured but...... the sens didn't seem to mind that we were missing our guys with their comments after that game, but now all of a sudden it matters when it's them who are short handed. By no means am I comparing our d corps to theirs, but truth is the situations were very similar.

I'd like to call this poetic justice!

This is right. Also, remember Ottawa played a tough OT game against Buffalo the night before using these AHL defencemen. We didn't look to good in the first period. We are lucky they were tired.

We need to beat them again in a few days in Montreal.

Well, I think the irony in all this is that during that infamous 3-0 Sens where all those comments were said, it was us who were short on defense. We had only dressed 5 that game, one of them being Coté who had been called up from Hamilton that very day. Markov was serving his suspension for "shoving" a linesmen after the BS call against the Laffs in OT, and I'm not sure who else was injured but...... the sens didn't seem to mind that we were missing our guys with their comments after that game, but now all of a sudden it matters when it's them who are short handed. By no means am I comparing our d corps to theirs, but truth is the situations were very similar.

I'd like to call this poetic justice!

You're confusing games. That 3-0 game against the Sens was in January, while Markov was suspended in November for the incident with the ref. Markov was indeed injured for the Sens game in January, but other than that we had our full compliment of defensemen.

We did play Ottawa after Markov was suspended, and that game wasn't any better. 4-0 loss. We were missing Markov, Souray and Komisarek. Rivet, Dandeneault and Bouillon all played close to 30 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

this is more a question than an assumption

Would The Devils gain more from playing there best top Hockey vs the Habs on Tuesday or would a coasting and keeping your best players healthy approach be wiser? and in return ... because the Devils have had our number all season... wouldn't they preffer to face us later in the Playoffs than Atlanta with whom they haven't had that much success? Atlanta have swept the devils in the last three games

Or Lou just doesnt give a crap?