Please God Begin Be Alright

habsfan_69

According to TSN he'll just miss the last 4 regular season games and should be ready for the PO's:

Steve Begin, who suffered a left-knee sprain Saturday night after being high-sticked by the Devils Ken Klee, will miss all four of Montreal's remaining games. It's expected that he'd be ready for the playoffs, if indeed the Habs make it there... Radek Bonk is available if needed tomorrow against Buffalo... Bob Gainey said he's planning on calling up three players from the Hamilton Bulldogs once they finish their season on Saturday. Maxime Lapierre is already with the team, but expect goaltender Yann Danis, defenceman Jean-Phillipe Cote and probably forward Andrei Kostitsyn, to join him as well.

According to TSN he'll just miss the last 4 regular season games and should be ready for the PO's

The same was said on the Team 990 (Mtl.) radio broadcast at about lunchtime EST.

Edited by MCeh

yeppp~ bégin not coming back for the remainging 4 games~

we'll get him back for playoffs! i'm sure of it!!! anyhow, i think bégin will be around to team anyway~ like bringing smile, positiveness and energyyyy~

i'm sad about bouillon tho~ like... STILL not recover :(

i'm happy about the team winning even if we have some important players on the injury list~ -- not like the sens... they lost their last 4 games (2 against us) muahahahaha~ shame on them~~

Zednik scored, I assume he gets a spot back in the lineup, but if Bonk is out for another game the question needs to be asked:

Does Gainey risk these last important games on rookie Lapierre who plays a similar style as Begin, or does he go with the veteran presence of Sundstrom, despite the fact he's been doing precisely ######-all lately?

Zednik scored, I assume he gets a spot back in the lineup, but if Bonk is out for another game the question needs to be asked:

Does Gainey risk these last important games on rookie Lapierre who plays a similar style as Begin, or does he go with the veteran presence of Sundstrom, despite the fact he's been doing precisely ######-all lately?

If Bonk isn't ready for the next game, I won't be surprised to see Lapierre or Simpson palying instead of Sundstrom. Sundstrom didn't contribute anything last night. Maybe Gainey will give him another chance but I think he has played himself off the team.

If Bonk isn't ready for the next game, I won't be surprised to see Lapierre or Simpson palying instead of Sundstrom. Sundstrom didn't contribute anything last night. Maybe Gainey will give him another chance but I think he has played himself off the team.

I tend to have to agree... and that doesn't bother me one bit... Sunny is way too over-rated as a "smart" player... Just because Gretzky said it doesn't make it true...

I still remember game 3 of the series against tampa... the habs were ahead and there was less than a minute left... Sunny had a chance to clear the puck up the boards, but instead goes up the middle... TB intercepts, and scores... Habs lose in OT... and you know how the rest goes...

Real "smart"...

I reiterate... I wouldn't mind to see Lapierre or Simpson over Sunny... especially how he played last night! Still, I hope Bonk is back.

can I just say that TSN is run by jerks? "if they make it there"?!?! Screw you!

Last night, I heard some idiots on TSN talking about the Eastern playoff race and then to finish off their talk one of them says "And what about those Maple Leafs? Wouldn't it be a great story if they sneak into the playoffs..." Tool.

1) Great news about Begin and Bonk. They'll be critical pieces to the Habbers playoff run.

2) Who cares what TSN or any other media source says about Montreal maybe making it, or what a story it would be if Toronto snuck in. Personally I'm not a Leaf hater like alot of people around here and would enjoy seeing all the Canadian teams make it at the expense of Atlanta and San Jose. I'm not saying that cause I'm a leaf fan, but I like the better odds of bringing Stanley home for the first time since '93, as well as its great for the economies of the cities of the playoff bound teams. Unfortunatley things don't look so great for Vancouver and Toronto right about now.