Habs In The Playoffs

blaze53

Habs Better Off Playing Who?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. So Who Do You Think We're Better Off Facing?

• The Ottawa Senators
    • The Carolina Hurricanes

Hey Habs fans the blaze is back! Well what better time for a poll so lets start voting.

This time the question is who the Canadiens are better off facing in the first round of the playoffs, hard question eh? lol

Take it easy!

Edited by blaze53

Well we're not in the playoffs yet. Also we do still have a chance to finish 6th by catching Philladelphia.

Still 7th (or 8th) looks most likely.

But, as I said in another thread, I expect the league will want to emphasize the obstruction crack down and this will lead to many penalties in the first round series. Thus I would like to avoid the Senators who have a top 5 PP and a top 5 PK. So I voted for Carolina.

I think we can take the Sens. Carolina scares me. Maybe it's because I have bad memories from 02. Not to mention from 06...

mmm

There is no way id want to face the sens.....If their team is back on its feet they and Hasek is back to his game will easily 4-0. us carolina is a much better bet....I actually prefer them to the rangers too...now thats a team that scares me

mmm

There is no way id want to face the sens.....If their team is back on its feet they and Hasek is back to his game will easily 4-0. us carolina is a much better bet....I actually prefer them to the rangers too...now thats a team that scares me

well... the habs were able to beat a pretty healthy sens team without koivu in the lineup earlier this yr. (which probably means very little).

We ain't going down easy to anybody.

The Rangers? I've seen them a lot this yr and they seem totally beatable by a smart team/coach.

note that the rangers only have 44 wins to our 42. And we have a harder schedule than they do.

Ill agree with what you say simonus but since when is regular season play an indication to post season?

Its all about experience. and badnwagon hotness. Goaltedning as well.

Ill take gerber and his 2 games of playoff experience compared to Hasek and his a trillion games of postseason games of experience..now if he dosent play thats a different story.

Especially now that i see chara playing more solid than ever...

Edited by geolink

I'm scared of Ottawa but here are some positives going into the series:

-They've been pretty cold.

-We've been pretty hot.

-No Erik Cole.

-The Canes have yet to really see Huet (he took over for Theo in the 2 blowout games but he never really showed what he can do... then again, they have so much video now that it doesn't really matter.)

-Kovalev has never lossed a first round series. (Fact courtesy of dark_faerie. This applies to whoeevr we -play though)

-Gerber is unproven in the playoffs and in the big games. (Hmm'll I wonder how many of these games'll be Swiss-on-Swiss action.)

-Overconfidence?

I'm scared of Ottawa but here are some positives going into the series:

-They've been pretty cold.

-We've been pretty hot.

-No Erik Cole.

-The Canes have yet to really see Huet (he took over for Theo in the 2 blowout games but he never really showed what he can do... then again, they have so much video now that it doesn't really matter.)

-Kovalev has never lossed a first round series. (Fact courtesy of dark_faerie. This applies to whoeevr we -play though)

-Gerber is unproven in the playoffs and in the big games. (Hmm'll I wonder how many of these games'll be Swiss-on-Swiss action.)

-Overconfidence?

Let's hope he plays like he did last night vs. TB!

For a few years now, the Canadiens as a team seem to play better when they have a single team to focus on. We saw that in the Toronto and Boston back-to-back games a few weeks ago.

We saw that against Boston the last two playoffs.

It's interesting, so while Carolina dominating us scares the living out of me, and Ottawa's potential, having to play in the Bell Centre, the highest capacity, loudest arena, at least in the East, it could be intimidating to guy a like Gerber.

We broke down Raycroft when everyone thought Boston finally found their goalie, maybe we can do the same to Gerber.

I'm with you guys all the way! the chances favor us surprising and rallying for the playoff round one kill! the only problem is that we'll be a very weak team for round 2 ...although Still weaker if we had to face Ott in the first round and then the Canes in second! the pros of the earlier scenario is that Hasek reinjures himself and add a Redden or Chara by the time we play with them... and I know I would like to beat a team fair and aquare but its just to match OUR injuries which We will have no doubt about it after running into a Hurricane!.... I just trust in our depth more than Ottawa's!

:D Imported Swiss Cheerleaders?

mmmmmm Cheerleaderssssssss :P:rolleyes:

I think we can take the Sens. Carolina scares me. Maybe it's because I have bad memories from 02. Not to mention from 06...

I agree, but the Habs are a lot bigger now than in 02. In 02 the Habs FW were just too small to be able to get the puck out of their own end because the Canes D were just too big. However, now the Habs FW are a lot bigger. In the Bos series King Kovalev was able to not only push the puck out of their own end, but the Bos D with it. Canes wont be able to keep the puck in the Habs end for prolonged periods now like they were able to in 02.

Personally, I didnt want the Habs to face either the Sens or Canes in the 1st round, but its impossible now for them to face the Rangers. IMO the Rangers arent going anywhere, except golfing. I think people who think Jagr had a great year are on crack. Jagr averages 12 shots a game :blink: If he was truely having a great year, he should have damn near 200 points considering he is taking almost double the shots anybody else is.

As for the Sens, I dont really want to face them 1st round, but I beleive Sens would be better for us than the Canes. Ultimately I wanted the Habs to face the Sens in the 2nd round, but with the Sens health problems, maybe it is better we face them in the 1st round. If the Habs make it to the 2nd round, its inevidable that we will face the Sens.