Chasing Hainsey

Group 2 Free Agent

55GP 2G 15A 17pts +13 Average ice time has been 20 mins

After more then half a season behind him, I like what I've seen from this kid. I'm still bummed we lost him, in such a stupid way that is.

I think we should try and get him back over the summer. Although he probably wouldn't want to.

He's going to become a great defensemen, that is going to put some numbers on the the board.I'm sure of it.

The great thing about Hainey is that he really improved his defensive game with the Blue Jackets. He was a little shaky for the first couple of months, but since then, he's been solid. He's become a top 3 defenseman for the Blue Jackets, and has been playing well over 20 minutes every game for the last few weeks.

I'm quite sure Colombus will resign Hainsey over the summer; I expect him to put better offensive numbers, and perhaps really make the Canadiens organization regret never giving him a real chance - especially since we had Bouillon, Dandeneault, and Streit as numbers 5-7. I think Hainsey has become a better player than those 3, and unlike them, he still has room for improvement.

Could Hainsey be our new John LeClair? Actually, we at least got Recchi in that stupid trade, even though he cost us a great defesneman, and a great power forward. For Hainsey, we got nothing...

Edited by CerebusClone

Hainsey will never be regretted as LeClair was!

It was terrible to lose him, but I wish him luck. For some reason he was not in Gainey's vision.

I also expect him to re sign in CBJ.

I think that the management regrets losing him. If he were not in their plans he would have been traded. I think they were caught in a corner because of Streit'c contract, and they were out of options. I hope Streit pans out because Hainsey seems like he will be a better D in the long term.

I dont regret Hainsey one bit. He was always all over the place and making Breezer-like bonehead plays. I'd be freaking nervous if we'd go in the playoffs with Hainsey as one of our 6 D-men.

No point living in the past. We can find much better than Hainsey.

Having watched Hainsey all season, I was very impressed with him. I think he will make a very solid defenceman for years to come.

That being said, I don't necessarily regret losing him. I think he was in a situation that required a change in scenery. I don't think he would have become the player he is now had he remained in Montreal. He never seemed to fit in right and couldn't get his game together. The move allowed him to start over, and he made the best of it.

I've seen a little of him with the jackets and wasn't overly impressed but he was playing better then what I saw from him in Hamilton. That said he was at times freaking brutal in Hamilton. Not a big fan of his but he does have a lot of skills and if he ever puts it all together, he should be a solid NHLer.

To me the guy I think they will regret more is Beauchemin and of course the loss of Vokoun hurts since he went on to be one of the better goalies in the league.

The guy I always rooted for by had lost my faith in him is Hossa. Man do I like his skills but he was as frustrating as Hainsey. Hossa for his lack of effort and Haisney for his boneheaded turnovers. I wish good luck to both of them and hope to see them both be successful.

As for making a mistake, it happens. Look at Gainey getting Begin for free and to a lesser extent Bouillon. It goes both ways, you win some you lose some. Frankly I'd rather have Begin then Hainsey, or Beauchemin any day.

Ok.

But would you really have Begin over both? I'd doubt it.

That said, that's the nature of the business. Good players get passed over all the time, it just hurts in Montreal because we've got a really thin defense in terms of youth aside from Komisarek.

Ok.

But would you really have Begin over both? I'd doubt it.

That said, that's the nature of the business. Good players get passed over all the time, it just hurts in Montreal because we've got a really thin defense in terms of youth aside from Komisarek.

Yes in a heartbeat I'd take Begin over Hainsey/Beauchemin. Begin imo is one of our top players, team leaders heart and soul kind of guy and one of the team's MVP's after Markov, Huet, of course. I am a huge, huge Begin fan and his loss for the playoffs will be sorely missed.

Hainsey imo would still be in Hamilton if not for his call up imo, so not a really big loss. Beauchemin reminded me a bit of Cote but with much more offensive skills. I never expected Beauchemin to be more then a 7th D for the Habs and was pissed he never got his chance, unlike Hainsey who at least got some chances. So I'm in shock with Beauchemin is doing so well. Frankly I haven't seen much of him with the Ducks, but I'm glad he's doing so well.

Hainsey imo would still be in Hamilton if not for his call up imo, so not a really big loss. Beauchemin reminded me a bit of Cote but with much more offensive skills. I never expected Beauchemin to be more then a 7th D for the Habs and was pissed he never got his chance, unlike Hainsey who at least got some chances. So I'm in shock with Beauchemin is doing so well. Frankly I haven't seen much of him with the Ducks, but I'm glad he's doing so well.

I was scouting Beauchemin in the QMJHL for HF eons ago (1999) and the kid was a defensive general, captain of his team. Had some but not too much offensive upside but was hitting and playing 20+ mins per game, basically his team's Ray Bourque. So I'm not too surprised by his progression. I'm damn mad that he panned out elsewhere instead of here. He might never become a full-fledge #1 or #2 D, but he'll be a solid 2nd pair guy.

Edited by KoZed