Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Hurricanes | 04/24/06

Spider-Man NL

I agree with most peoples comments about the fact there weren't two centers on the ice for the tying goal. But there were a few other mistakes on that play as well that lead to the tying goal.

And its nice to see Ryder getting some love on here, especially after he scores 30 goals and half the people on here wanna trade him away, either at the deadline or in the offseason. Nice to see him get the game winner. Hope he gets the next two as well

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now a word about the coverage...

I know it's all been said before at various times - but the HNIC broadcast is just terrible.

Don Cherry has got to go! His comments are ridiculous (that the Habs should be ashamed of themselves if they lose), and what's worse, the HNIC interviewer feels the need to quote his comment to Ryder!

HNIC too: "Don Cherry said the Canadiens should be ashamed of themselves if they lost because of how they played in the 2nd period - do you agree?"

Ryder: "When I start to care what Cherry thinks, I'll let you know! Tool."

... or at least that's the response he probably wanted to give.

And then there's Harry Neale, managing to talk for 4 hours without saying anything insightful.

It's just way too obvious that everyone on HNIC (except the play by play guy) is still grumpy that the Leafs are out, and they have to cover the Habs. And yet they still they manage to talk about the Leafs. What a pathetic showing from our 'national' network.

Lucky trolls for Kovalev!

troll2.jpg

Thanks dark. Make sure you rub those lucky trolls on wednesday.

"It's a great feeling to win two on the road. Now, we're coming up to play two in front of our fans but we have to make sure we don't get too excited. That's what hurts most. You come back, you have two games in hand, you try to show off in front of your fans and that's when you start making mistakes. We have to play like we played on the road and everything will be fine."

-Alex Kovalev

And now a word about the coverage...

I know it's all been said before at various times - but the HNIC broadcast is just terrible.

Don Cherry has got to go! His comments are ridiculous (that the Habs should be ashamed of themselves if they lose), and what's worse, the HNIC interviewer feels the need to quote his comment to Ryder!

HNIC too: "Don Cherry said the Canadiens should be ashamed of themselves if they lost because of how they played in the 2nd period - do you agree?"

Ryder: "When I start to care what Cherry thinks, I'll let you know! Tool."

... or at least that's the response he probably wanted to give.

And then there's Harry Neale, managing to talk for 4 hours without saying anything insightful.

It's just way too obvious that everyone on HNIC (except the play by play guy) is still grumpy that the Leafs are out, and they have to cover the Habs. And yet they still they manage to talk about the Leafs. What a pathetic showing from our 'national' network.

Hands down.. I agree 100%

"It's a great feeling to win two on the road. Now, we're coming up to play two in front of our fans but we have to make sure we don't get too excited. That's what hurts most. You come back, you have two games in hand, you try to show off in front of your fans and that's when you start making mistakes. We have to play like we played on the road and everything will be fine."

-Alex Kovalev

Kovlev is awesome once again :D

I want be online for next 2 games, off to Sudbury, Montreal, and Renfrew. Of course Montreal is on a no game night. Arg. Hopefully I come on board Saturday to discuss our sweep!!!!

GO HABS GO !!!!!

I agree 100% with what Cherry said. The exact same way as if Colorado had blown their game against Dallas. There is no way you should blow a 3 goal lead, and if Montreal had, we'd all be at riot level right now, demanding heads roll. But Montreal won, and we are content. But Montreal should have been ashamed had they blown that game. Especially with Gainey, Carbonneau and Jarvis (3 defensive minded peoople) behind the bench

That could very well be. I don't remember the particulars of the play. But I do remember the commentators making a comment about not having two centers out there. I guess they could have missed that point

actually, I just checked it out:

277 3 18:23 SHOT CAR EV 39 WEIGHT, Wrist, 48 ft

278 3 18:25 STOPPAGE N/A - Goalie Stopped

279 3 18:25 GOALIE CAR - 30 WARD, Goalie Pulled

280 3 18:25 FACE-OFF N/A - CAR won - offensive zone. MTL 11 KOIVU vs CAR 39 WEIGHT

281 3 18:30 GOAL CAR EV 61 STILLMAN, A: 6 HEDICAN, 8 CULLEN, Slap, 41 ft

so, no, it wasnt off an icing.. the radio was wrong!

Lucky to come out with the win tonight. But you have to be good to be lucky and lucky to be good.

Nice to go back to Montreal two games up. The Bell Centre will be buzzing

My Dad always said this too me when I was little!

actually, I just checked it out:

277 3 18:23 SHOT CAR EV 39 WEIGHT, Wrist, 48 ft

278 3 18:25 STOPPAGE N/A - Goalie Stopped

279 3 18:25 GOALIE CAR - 30 WARD, Goalie Pulled

280 3 18:25 FACE-OFF N/A - CAR won - offensive zone. MTL 11 KOIVU vs CAR 39 WEIGHT

281 3 18:30 GOAL CAR EV 61 STILLMAN, A: 6 HEDICAN, 8 CULLEN, Slap, 41 ft

so, no, it wasnt off an icing.. the radio was wrong!

I was just about to correct you hahah :king:

did you guys hear the dude from espn sportscenter trying to pronounce huet?

it was like crystobool howit or something... ridiculous. They've been replaying it on team 990... wow.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i'm just imagining it and i'm already laugh like crazy... cant imagine if i really hear it hahahaha :P

this was a hard-fought victory - more like the way it would normally be.

Let's hope that we see two more victories.

MONTREAL CANADIENS

FIRST ROUND GIANT KILLERS!!!!

I was just about to correct you hahah :king:

yeah, the radio was screwing with my memory. When they said that I immediately posted cause I was happy to see such an apparent error explained. Then I sat and said "thats just not right", so I rechecked....

Edited by simonus