Souray?

Bacchus

I heard that Souray went down with a "lower body" injury, and some joke about his "boys". Anyone know or see what happened?

I hope he isn't out for long! It would be good to have his physical presence against Carolina.

Then he should be back soon ... unless he obtained major damage to his privates. That would suck: having to stay on the sidelines because of inflamed gonads. Ouch!

I think he will be back.

Anyone who has been hit with a puck in the cup knows that your stomach and abdomen absolutely kill after that. If the swelling is low he will most likely play on Wednesday.

Speaking of getting hurt in a rather uncomfortable location, did anyone know that when they did X-rays of King Tut in 1968, they couldn't locate a certain body part? But it's now believed to be buried in the sand somewhere around his body. What a crappy afterlife he must be having!

From now on, Souray can only have kids with flat heads... Poor guy.

Speaking of getting hurt in a rather uncomfortable location, did anyone know that when they did X-rays of King Tut in 1968, they couldn't locate a certain body part? But it's now believed to be buried in the sand somewhere around his body. What a crappy afterlife he must be having!

Yikes, crappy after-life? His ghost must be trying to dig the sand around his body to get his jewels back.

Watching Craig Rivet miss the net by a country mile on a few power plays, it was obvious that we need Souray and his cannon of a shot out there. Team doc needs to pump a cc or two of lidocaine into the ol' sack and get Souray out there for game three!!!!

I don't know about the receiving a puck in the nuts part.

On RDS, they showed a sequence where Souray blocked a shot with his foot and it seemed to hurt him.

This is why its the playoffs and its called a lower body injury. There are only 2 types of injuries in the playoffs, lower body or upper body.

Anyways, The Gazette said that its a contusion and he should be back for the next game.

Good news for the PP.

I wonder if he broke his pubic bone?

We have all been blasted in the nuts before and the pain is intense but it has never lasted for a couple of hours. Then again I have never taken a 100 mile an hour slapshot either.

I remember the SCF of 89. Patrick Roy took an Al MacInnis slapshot right in the groin. The impact split his jockstrap in half.

I don't know where he got his info, or if this was a typo, but Jacques Demers says Sheldon injured his wrist last night.

"Il sera intéressant d’avoir des nouvelles de Sheldon Souray, qui a quitté en première période blessé au poignet. Sheldon est tellement important pour cette équipe. On a vu que son absence a créé un vide, mais chapeau aux cinq autres défenseurs."

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/202952.html

Edited by chief_balthor

When he was sitting on the bench, he appeared to be adjusting his equipment and was playing with his cup, so it didn't appear to be a wrist injury.

But he didn't return so it must be something a little more serious.

All I can say is that I hope that Souray comes back tomorrow.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

The best angle we have of Souray's shot block that is rumored to have caused the injury is from behind...

At first I thought he received the puck on the knee...but at the bench he was holding his familly jewels! :o

Ouch...I sure hope its nothing serious for his precious semen! We need little Sourays all over the place!

The replays of him on the bench show him playing with 'the holy grail' and the look on his face reminds me of a couple of guys I've had to attend to on the bench over the years......

but then given the secrecy around NHL injuries, only his hairdresser will know for sure? :rolleyes:

The replays of him on the bench show him playing with 'the holy grail' and the look on his face reminds me of a couple of guys I've had to attend to on the bench over the years......

but then given the secrecy around NHL injuries, only his hairdresser will know for sure? :rolleyes:

LOL! "the holy grail"? Sheldon may want to thing about hiring you to be his publicist. :lol: