Last Minute Of Play

Wamsley01

I am happy that the Habs held on for the victory last night, but

when is this habit of giving up back breaking goals in the last

minute of the game going to end.

Carolina scores with a minute to go to send the game to OT

allowing them to tie the series at 2 games.

Boston scores with under a minute to go to to send the game to OT

allowing them to take the series lead at 3 games to one.

Tampa Bay scores with under a minute to go to to send the game to OT

allowing them to take the series lead at 3 games to none.

Carolina scores with a minute and a half to go to send the game to OT,

but the Habs finally come through with the victory.

The Habs have given away 3 games in the last 4 playoff series we played. And this habit

is not just in the playoffs. How many times in the regular season did we do

this? I think they have done this more in the last 4 years then in the previous 30.

Let's hope that this was the nail in that coffin because I am now conditioned to expect the worst.

It's hard to make a comment without comparing the fact to other teams. Loads of teams give up a goal in the final minute when the other team throws the kitchen sink at them.

Every game is separate from the game before... and the game which approaches.

This was a bad move by Gainey. Considering how much of a witch Brindamour is on the faceoffs he should have had a second centre out there. Bad strategy. All night they were talking about Brindamours acumen on faceoffs on CBC, pont of fact Koive was better in the faceoff circle last night.

The Habs have given away 3 games in the last 4 playoff series we played. And this habit

this? I think they have done this more in the last 4 years then in the previous 30.

Let's hope that this was the nail in that coffin because I am now conditioned to expect the worst.

That was a mistake by Gainey, he should of had a second centre out there against Bridamour who is a witch at faceoffs. The funny thing is CBC talked all night about how good Brindamour is and Koivu actually was better at faceoffs last night. Edited by Nilan25

That was a mistake by Gainey, he should of had a second centre out there against Bridamour who is a witch at faceoffs. The funny thing is CBC talked all night about how good Brindamour is and Koivu actually was better at faceoffs last night.

are you trying to tell me that the CBC highlighted another teams play while ignoring the positive acheivements of the montreal canadiens? You gotta be kidding me! Unbelievable! Are you sure?

I am pretty sure if you made a comparison to the top tier teams we want the habs to be

that you will not see teams like NJ, Ottawa, Detroit etc blowing the amount of games

that the habs seem to in the last minutes of important games.

I live in TO and see probably 85% of all the Leafs games and I can remember them giving up a last minute goal to tie a playoff game maybe once since 1999. So that is 1 in 15 rounds.

The Habs have done it 4 times in the last 4 playoff rounds they have played.

If you do not get tight around the collar when the other team has the goalie pulled,

I hand it to you because you are an eternal optimist.

That was a mistake by Gainey, he should of had a second centre out there against Bridamour who is a witch at faceoffs. The funny thing is CBC talked all night about how good Brindamour is and Koivu actually was better at faceoffs last night.

It was Doug Weight who took the faceoff. not Brind'amour.

I think the answer to this question is simply that the Habs' teams of recent years haven't been terribly good. A limited team can get hot and all that, but when the other teams really, truly goes desperate on their asses, they tend to collapse, because the weaknesses get exposed in moments of maximum stress. This doesn't tend to happen to truly strong teams like the Devils or even the Leafs prior to this season.

It's noteworthy, then, that THIS edition of the CH pulled out a win in the end, not a loss; and also that the Habs were in that position partly due to the fact that they were down to five D due to Souray's balls injury. This team is stronger than the Habs have been in about a decade, so they're more likely to avoid crucial collapses and/or to be able to recover from them and still win.

I would have to say that Higgins should have been replaced by Bonk during that faceoff. And why did Murray take the draw over Higgins anyway. Higgins is not very good in the circle but I would rely more on him then Murray!

I think the answer to this question is simply that the Habs' teams of recent years haven't been terribly good. A limited team can get hot and all that, but when the other teams really, truly goes desperate on their asses, they tend to collapse, because the weaknesses get exposed in moments of maximum stress. This doesn't tend to happen to truly strong teams like the Devils or even the Leafs prior to this season.

It's noteworthy, then, that THIS edition of the CH pulled out a win in the end, not a loss; and also that the Habs were in that position partly due to the fact that they were down to five D due to Souray's balls injury. This team is stronger than the Habs have been in about a decade, so they're more likely to avoid crucial collapses and/or to be able to recover from them and still win.

I totally agree and the fact that they pulled out a win helps tremendously.

Just personal frustration. The last 5 years have been torturous for somebody who has watched the Habs always find a way to win and go into lockdown mode once they had a lead. Some people call it spoiled.

But from 1979 to 1998 I don't think the Habs blew as many games as they have in the last 5 years.

i don't want to be picky but that should say '2006'.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

are you trying to tell me that the CBC highlighted another teams play while ignoring the positive acheivements of the montreal canadiens? You gotta be kidding me! Unbelievable! Are you sure?

I will check my notes but I think they did. Check out Bob Neale or Harry Cole's pronunciation of Plekanec. Or the generic " the Canadiens bring the puck up the ice..." because two senile fools have not done their homework.