vs. Rangers

ch_nl

35 shots from the Habs and yet not a goal from our first line. I can't remember when Zednik had his last goal.

But I know one thing. It's hard for a goal scorer in Montreal that doesn't score.

Perreault had the goal. The only goal scorer in Montreal that can be trusted.

Bring Koivu back or bring anyone that can score. We can't have it like this.

Moment 22.

Perreault is the best face-off guy in the leauge. But he's not a playmaker.

Koivu is one of the better playmakers but we can't afford having Perreault on the wing really.

I know it worked well with Gillmour but faceoffs are really important. Look what the best face-offs stats took Anaheim last year...

Zednik is a big part of our problems on offense, in my opinion. We all agree that every team needs at least one guy that shoots a lot and likes keeping the puck for himself. Richard is that guy, but he's exaggerating. It's so easy for other teams to figure out what he's going to do with the puck since he always shoots from the faceoff circle, in all circumstances.

Zednik had a 2-on-1 with Marcel Hossa last night, and didn't even look to his left to see if his teammate was in a better position than him to score. Instead, he took a shot right in Dunham's chest. Not even close to being a dangerous shot. He'll have to start passing the puck at some point, because he really looks like a selfish player out there. Yes, it's a good thing to shoot often on the opponant's net, but sometimes the nice little feed to a teammate that's in better spot of a scoring a goal is more effective.

And maybe that's where Koivu should be.

On the line with Zednik and Ribs our opponent looks at Zednik. When Koivu is around he's the one they have to eye.

I think that Zednik can feel it. That there's no fun at all to be the goal scorer in Montreal that doesn't score.

Czerkawski felt it. And so did Berezin.

I just hope that Montreal doesn't waste another one...

Koivu is one of the better playmakers but we can't afford having Perreault on the wing really.  

I was saying that we should put Koivu on the wing, not Perreault. Perreault isn't fast enough and doesn't have the grit to go into corners. Having a great playmaker like Koivu on a line with 2 guys with great hands like Perreault and Ryder could prove to be succesfull. It might even make me like Perreault.

I know what you're saying but the playmaker should be in the middle.

But having Koivu on the wing could be the best solution.

Forsbergs is doing great on the LW...

Originally posted by ch_nl

I know what you're saying but the playmaker should be in the middle.

But having Koivu on the wing could be the best solution.

Forsbergs is doing great on the LW...

Actually, it's well known in hockey that usually, goal scorers perform better playing on the wing, and playmakers (such as Koivu) are better at center. With that being said, I can't see why Julien would even think about moving Saku to the wing, as he's always been playing at center in the past, and has responded quite well. :)

Originally posted by ch_nl

Play Koivu at center but Perreault to take the faceoffs?

It has been done in the past (i.e. in the 2002 playoffs against the Bruins). It would be worth trying it, I'd say. They may form chemestry, and what do we have to lose after all? We're already creating no offense. It couldn't get any worse than that.

I like it.