Ryder with Ribeiro & Zednik, Hossa sits out

Habs77

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/HOCK...AN3FA6C96C.html

Ryder will provide more energy to that line than Hossa ever could.. I like it, but what's left for the other lines?

Ryder-Ribeiro-Zednik (confirmed)

Bulis-Perreault-Audette?

Kilger-Juneau-Dackell (confirmed)

Langdon-Begin-Hossa?

Maybe give Langdon a day off and go Hossa-Begin-Sundstrom?

Lines 1 and 3 are set... 2 & 4 who knows.

[Edited on 4-11-03 by Habs77]

I like the top line. As you said, Ryder will bring more energy and enthousiasm than Hossa. I think the second line could work if Marcel can feed Perreault and Audette. Audette should at least be demoted from the second line if he doesn't pick it up soon.

It's nice to have Chad back in the lineup. Just gives us another guy who can hit.

Originally posted by Quebecois

It's nice to have Chad back in the lineup. Just gives us another guy who can hit.

Trouble is with Ward out we actually haven't gained anything, just lost one big body and added another... hence no change.

Plus it seems Bulis is out... also not good news.

Originally posted by Higgsfan

I like it. But I won't love it until Saku is back in the line up. We're truly missing a quality playmaking center here. This line up has too much guys who can only score and not pass, in my opinion.

I agree with the sentiment, although I find it hard to say all they can do is score... because they can't even do that of late. ;)

btw Hossa will not dress, healthy scratch.

Bulis, who was doubtful, will play so Hossa is the odd man out.

Ryder-Ribeiro-Zednik

Bulis-Perreault-Audette

Sundstrom-Juneau-Dackell

that would leave Langdon-Begin-Kilger for the 4th line

and Bouillon will replace Hainsey.

http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?site=r...on&sport=#90849

If you want to start rumors, Hossa might be held out of the lineup because he's part of a possible trade with Edmonton that would be announced after the game.

Hell, the same could be said about Hainsey.

I think the Habs are looking for another big physical D on the left side to go with Markov & Souray... as per the Gauthier rumor.

Comrie to Montreal?.. I wish.

Remember how he & Ribeiro clicked in that youngster All-Star game?..

Ryder-Koivu-Zednik

Comrie-Ribeiro-Audette

Bulis-Juneau-Dackell

Kilger-Begin-Langdon/Ward

Hossa & Hainsey for Comrie

Then you find a way to get that 3rd left D for Rivet, Perreault, Sundstrom... maybe even enough to also get another big body on offense.

I'm awful on trade suggestions, so if they seem unfair play around with them... just throwing the idea out there to see what you guys think.

I know some of you dislike Comrie for perceived "attitude" problems, but this kid comes to play and has SKILL. He's not big but he plays big... I would take him on my team any day.

As for the price for him being high... it depends on how highly you rate Hossa & Hainsey who both have been disappointments so far. Hossa & Hainsey have both been rumored to be offered in trade talks in the past, plus they're not playing tonight so I came up with the idea.

It's just an idea... not even a rumor. So don't get excited, or alarmed depending on what you think ;)

Habs77 I'm in total disagreement with you. This has nothing to do with trading, in fact when you want to trade him, you don't bench him, that only diminishes his value(wonder why Audette hasnt been benched?). And as far as Hainsey and Hossa goes, how the hell have they been disapointments? Did you expect them to dominate the NHL in their first real season? Watch games more carefully, they improve in every game but they are not there yet. Julien knew from the start he would bring Hainsey in slowly, thats why Bouillon is playing. Its a good way to give a youngster experience. As for Hossa, he has added a more physicall approach to the game, he's the only one who fights in corners and he gives the occasional big hit, he's also first to backcheck on his line. What he lacks is confidance with the puck, personnally I would've given him a role on the third line like we did with Bulis who had the same problem. Make them learn the game without the puck and they'll feel much more confidant with it later on, especially if you consider Hossa's offensive talent.

About Gauthier: forget about it, Calgary will want teams to overpay for that overrated D. He brings nothing more to his game then his big hits. We don't need a guy often out of position and we'll definetly not sacrafice the future for a quick fix.

Oh and a 5'9"(generous) center is not what we need, we're lacking size down the middle, we already have Koivu, Ribeiro and Perreault, why add another midget? Again, a quick fix is not needed if we are to overpay.

[Edited on 2003/11/4 by Habsaku]

First off this was only an "off the wall" idea, just to get a discussion going. I don't even believe this is going to happen mysef.

Originally posted by Habsaku

Habs77 I'm in total disagreement with you. This has nothing to do with trading, in fact when you want to trade him, you don't bench him, that only diminishes his value.

If the trade is already agreed upon and is to be announced that same day, it is common practice to hold the players involved in the trade out of the lineup.

That's the scenario I was suggesting.

And as far as Hainsey and Hossa goes, how the hell have they been disapointments? Did you expect them to dominate the NHL in their first real season? Watch games more carefully, they improve in every game but they are not there yet. Julien  knew from the start he would bring Hainsey in slowly, thats why Bouillon is playing. Its a good way to give a youngster experience. As for Hossa, he has added a more physicall approach to the game, he's the only one who fights in corners and he gives the occasional big hit, he's also first to backcheck on his line. What he lacks is confidance with the puck, personnally I would've given him a role on the third line like we did with Bulis who had the same problem. Make them learn the game without the puck and they'll feel much more confidant with it later on, especially if you consider Hossa's offensive talent.

Hossa & Hainsey HAVE been disappointments, give me a break.

Hossa is invisible, was giving such a bad effort he was benched in HAMILTON twice during their playoff run. And he was invisible during that run as well, while Ward, Ryder and others the carrying the team.

This year Hossa has been a no-show on most nights. I do agree he is good defensively, but he barely hits and contributes NOTHING to the offense.

I agree this guy could be saved if A) he was used on the 3rd line and B) he was used at his natural center position.

But if the Habs deem keeping guys like Sundstrom, Juneau & Dackell happy more important... and will start sitting him, they might as well trade him for something good... like Comrie for example.

As for Hainsey, he's had well documented "attitude" problems since he's been with us, a slacker. He did not dominate in the AHL, and has been nothing more than so-so in Montreal so far.

He has definitely not met expectations so far. He played so badly in camp he should never had made the team to begin with... only the current left-D situation allowed him to stick.

He's been slowly getting comfortable when given the chance, I'll give you that. But he's still been a disappointment during his overall tenure in the Habs organization.

I will say this, I think both of them can help us... if used correctly. But I believe the Habs don't see either in their plans... that's just a hunch on my part.

About Gauthier: forget about it, Calgary will want teams to overpay for that overrated D. He brings nothing more to his game then his big hits. We don't need a guy often out of position and we'll definetly not sacrafice the future for a quick fix.

The very fact there was interest on the Habs part means they are looking to replace one of Markov, Souray, Hainsey on the left side.

Simple as that... and my guess of those 3 is Hainsey.

Oh and a 5'9"(generous) center is not what we need, we're lacking size down the middle, we already have Koivu, Ribeiro and Perreault, why add another midget? Again, a quick fix is not needed if we are to overpay.

Can't argue with the size issue, Comrie is not the ideal center in that respect.

But I think this team lacks heart, grit, and SKILL more than anything else. If you can get your hands on a guy as talented as Comrie you do it.

As for getting bigger, I'd even consider trading Zednik to land a big winger. Zednik is overrated.

And I gotta say I'm sick of Koivu, who is simply ALWAYS injured. I wouldn't count on him playing until he's 35... if I were him I'd consider early retirement to take care of my health.

And Perreault is gone at year end, probably even before that.

And what's with this "quick fix" business... Comrie is a young guy who'd be here for a very long time.

A quick fix would have been last year when we almost traded for the aging Nolan.

Sick of Koivu. I am not alone!

But Zednik overrated? What? I think of Zednik as one of the best deals Montreal has done in modern times.

Underrated and with the right center a potential 40 goal scorer.

I also agree about Hossa. A disapointment thus far.

If a deal is going on tonight I hope it's Hossa and not Hainsey.

Underrated and with the right center a potential 40 goal scorer.  

Check the latest Zednik games, he hasn't been the same since about January last year and he was even worse without Koivu.

Hainsey has only disapointed last year because he did dominate the AHL the year before. I saw a few of his games with the Cits and he made some great plays on offense which no one on our current roster but Markov can do, he even made the all-star game. Last year the management in place screwed with him and destroyed his confidence and with his so called "attitude" it doesnt help. If Hossa and Hainsey are 26 and still in the same situation, then I'll agree they are disapointments. But they are both 22, one being a powerforward type and the other an Offensive defensemen, two types of players who take type to developp. None of them have even a full season under their belt. Remember Markov? He showed flashes, but he wasn't a very dependable defensemen, he also took a bit of time. I wouldnt push the panic button just yet, we should know by now that we here in Montreal often get screwed because we trade youngsters that are supposedly "disapointments" while in reality, they're just learning.

[Edited on 2003/11/5 by Habsaku]

I'll say it again, I think both kids can help us yet... but I do maintain they've both been disappointments so far.

I think they are both being mis-used, which is frustrating the hell out of me. And we also have to give something potentially good if we want to land a forward that can actually SCORE A GOAL.

And yet this is the same bunch that was scoring 5 per to start the year... what the hell.

But think about it:

- Audette can no longer score with his bad wrist

- Hossa hasn't been able to produce since his 5 goals in 5 games stint last year

- Zednik is pulling a no-show year, should be fun come contract time this summer

- Ryder was a question mark to even make the damn team

- Ribeiro, while a great playmaker, still can't finish when he 's the one with the scoring chance... more often than not

- Perreault our only guy who can really score, but streaky as hell and when he's cold he's freaking useless.

This is our "top 6", it's a wonder we scored goals for a while there...

Czerk instead of Audette would have been a good choice, I know Audette still had year left on his contract... but it was clear that this guy was finished the second we knew his wrist would never be 100% again and he could no longer score.

Easy to say now I know, but despite all his faults we at least knew Czerk could at least put it in the net. Anyway what's done is done... I need to move on.

I still think we'll be ok... Gainey won't have the stomach to put up with this kind of crap for a whole season.

He'll do something.

I have to agree that if you can get a guy like Comrie you do it...

To address the supposed "attitude" issues with him. This is coming from the fact that he's holding out. Lets face it though the kid isn't asking for a tonne of money, it's Kevin Lowe holding onto his offer of $1.35 million for the kid. It's really an insulting offer...

If we acquired Comrie and DIDN'T have to trade Ribeiro I'd be ecstatic. Comrie would immediately be the 2nd best forward on this team. I don't buy into his "chemistry" with Ribeiro, but if you put him on a line with Koivu or Ribs you immediately have a very exciting line.

Does anyone think that any salary Edmonton does take on from players who aren't prospects they'll want it to be expiring? They have a few players I'd be interested in for the Habs, unfortunately with all the other crap clogging our positions we don't have room for much of it.

Isbister, Comrie and Brewer. I'd love to see all 3 of those guys with the Habs.

Comrie-Koivu-Ryder

Isbister-Ribeiro-Zednik

Kilger-Juneau-Ward

blah blah blah

Markov - Rivet

Brewer - Brisebois

Souray - Komisarek

Would look damn nice...of course we'd have to trade a lot of good talent to get those 3...Hossa, Hainsey, Perreault, ++++. But I can dream...

Isbister is a local Edmonton kid, that's part of the reason they traded for him... he's not going anywhere.

They traded Niniimaa last year because they had Brewer who they hoped could step up... he's not going anywhere either.

If we were going to get someone else with Comrie, I'd be thinking Smith on D, or one of their kids that Julien really liked when he coached in Hamilton and perhaps isn't doing too well in Edmonton.

But just Comrie alone would make me very happy.

Not likely to happen, but more likely than the Jagr & Iginla rumors.