New Lineup Changes

Canajun

Poor li'l Koivu... that man has the worst luck. Hope it's not serious and he's back soon.

In the meantime, there'll be some lineup juggling. Doesn't look like Begin will be back for a game or two anyway. I'm thinking this:

Ribeiro moves up to to play with Ryder and Higgins.

Bulis switches to center and remains with Kovalev. Kostitsyn (I hope) gets added to that line.

The other 2 lines stay the same. They've been playing well.

Poor li'l Koivu... that man has the worst luck. Hope it's not serious and he's back soon.

In the meantime, there'll be some lineup juggling. Doesn't look like Begin will be back for a game or two anyway. I'm thinking this:

Ribeiro moves up to to play with Ryder and Higgins.

Bulis switches to center and remains with Kovalev. Kostitsyn (I hope) gets added to that line.

The other 2 lines stay the same. They've been playing well.

Last time I saw Ribero and Ryder play together it didn't go over too well. Also, I don't think we should be messing any more with the chemistry of the team than we have to. The second line can be moved up to the first line, and we can just try to replace Koivu on the second line.

Higgins/Pleks/Ryder

Perez/Ribs/Kovalev

Bulis/Bonk/Zed

Sundstrom/Murray/Downey

I think a key is putting Pleks with Ryder, Ryder relies on Koivu more than anybody and Pleks is the next closest center style-wise.

Perez back with Kovalev, he's been awesome too, maybe back with Kovalev would put him over the top?

Those Slovaks and Czech have played good together before

The 4th line helps mix up our penalty killing and can still play regular shifts.

Edited by mclusky

Last time I saw Ribero and Ryder play together it didn't go over too well. Also, I don't think we should be messing any more with the chemistry of the team than we have to. The second line can be moved up to the first line, and we can just try to replace Koivu on the second line.

Yeah I hear ya Bacchus... the Ribeiro-Ryder combination certainly didn't work earlier this year, but it did work back the season before. Wonder what happened there eh? I'm thinking Gainey might give it one more shot and see what happens - Higgins might be the spark that can get their chemistry back. If not, then I agree with you and put Plekanec on that line with Higgins and Ryder.

I think that Kostytsin will be inserted into the lineup if Begin is not available.

I'm really not sure how adjustments will be made, there are so many options but so many questions. Do we want to move Bonk up, or shift Bulis from teh wing, do we want to break up Plex from Perezhogin and Zednik, when they look to be gelling nicely, or break up Higgins and Ryder.

I think we will see

Bulis Ribeiro Kovalev

Higgins Bonk Ryder

Perezhogin Plekanek Zednik

Sundstrom Murray Kostytsin (Kosty will get PP time and sub in on other lines)

Our 4th line will get drastically less playing time then they have recently. Bonk will be getting more icetime between a regular shift on the second line and the PK.

If things don't work out well with Bonk on that line, then we may see Ryder shuffled along with Kosty or even Bulis...I really have no idea what we will see, but I hope Kosty get's the opportunity at least until Begin is ready.