Ihwc

ch_nl

Rene Vydareny scored a beauty today in Slovakias win over Sweden.

Didn't we trade for him a couple of years ago? What's his status now?

Plekanec scored today.

Rene Vydareny scored a beauty today in Slovakias win over Sweden.

Didn't we trade for him a couple of years ago? What's his status now?

Plekanec scored today.

... yes. A very nice goal by him :). But he is under contract in Budweis (HC Ceské Budejovice - "mother-team" of Vinny Prospal, Radek Dvorak or Ales Kotalik, BTW)

Co-owner of the team is Jaroslav Pouzar there, a former Oiler. Great One's good friend :).

Rene in action, but we (Kladno) scores! :D

according to the habsworld front page article on our players at the championship, plekanec leads his team in penalties.

what a cementhead! :P:P:P

:king: :hlogo: :king:

... key moment of today's World Champ semifinal ... Pleky scored an shorthanded in 29th minute to 1-1 tie ...

Plek-semi3.jpg

Plek-semi2.jpg

Plek-semi4.jpg

Plek-semi1.jpg

... and Buli was also there and celebrated advance of our team in final too ;) ...

Buli-semi1.jpg

GO Canada!!!

3-2 for the Swedes going into the 2nd period.

Crosby's due for a couple points tonight, so, should be an interesting finish.

Sweden's Tre Kronor has the chance to be the first team that wins the world championship and the Olympics the same year.

5-4. Why? Foul play won. Again. A few years ago Neidermayer boarded Peter Forsberg and Canada won. Tonight Mika Hannula cross-checked Sidney Crosby after he scored.

I don't like it and it's sad to see things like this have an impact on the game. The 3 favourites are gone in Russia, Canada and Finland. Now Sweden has the momentum and I think we will see the doubble this year.

Heja Sverige friskt hummör, skjortan hänger BRAAAAAAAA!

Finland, Finland. Sad to see?

Don't know, but I still haven't figuered out why Finns can't win. This time they where the favourites, but no. They have played two Olmpic finals and hasn't won.

Congratz Tommy, sad to see Finland not reaching the final. This time they had the chance, and should have gotten there. (Pleky scored, but still doenst sound great this time)

Good luck against the Swedes.

... Bedangt, Dutchie! :)

(see you in Germany! ... in finals match best :D)

20 minutes left of the World Championship.

I don't care what some of you think but I'm very proud of Tre Kronor. First the gold medal in Turin and now this. It's not over yet but Sweden are pounding the Czechs so far.

20 minutes left of the World Championship.

I don't care what some of you think but I'm very proud of Tre Kronor. First the gold medal in Turin and now this. It's not over yet but Sweden are pounding the Czechs so far.

Naturally, I totally agree. B)

Niclas Kronwall... What a guy. I haven't seen a defenceman who's so versitaile in years. I'd even go so far and say that Kronwall is the most offensive talanted defenecman in the world right now.

Absolutely. I like his way of playing.

Tonight it felt a little like we beat the Czechs at their own game, made 'em taste their own medicine, so to speak. Felt like they had no juice left in the third, despite the fact that they had more time to rest between their semifinal and the final today than we had.

Nicklas Bäckström became the youngest Swedish player in history to win the World Championships. It'll be really interesting to follow him in the future.

I also have an enormous amount of respect for guys like Zetterberg, Nylander and Samuelsson who throughout the tournament put the team first and played within the system. Especially Zetterberg worked his butt off. Also a great effort from all the "domestic" players. Just one example; Johan Holmqvist. He was brilliant against the US in the quarterfinal, he stopped Canada in the third in the semifinal yesterday when the game was on the line, and he shut out the Czechs tonight.

Finally I want to go on record and say that I was glad to see Mika Hannula get a gold medal. He's been a dynamo on this Swedish team throughout the tournament, he's kept working and shooting the puck, and he finally got his reward in the quarterfinal when he scored a hat-trick. Yes, his cross-check on Crosby was not pretty, and he was deservedly suspended from the final game, but I will tell you this: he is not, repeat not, a dirty player. I have never seen him do a thing like that before. I do not think his intention was to injure Crosby. I think he just blacked out. So don't go thinking he's a Swedish Marty McSorley or Todd Bertuzzi, 'cause he's not.

... Congrats to all Tre Kronor Habsworld-members! ;)

You have a best team on Tournament. For sure.

But, we're proud of our young squad. 15 rookies in team was a little risky bussines, but 2nd place from Riga is a good result, I think. :)

Bye and good luck to Swerige soccer-team in Germany ...