Nhl 2006 Awards

ch_nl

Couldn't summary all the trophys in one thread...  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Jack Adams

• Peter Laviolette
    • Tom Renney
    • Lindy Ruff
  2. 2. James Norris

• Nicklas Lidström
    • Scott Niedermayer
    • Sergei Zubov
  3. 3. Vezina

• Martin Brodeur
    • Miikka Kiprusoff
    • Henrik Lundqvist

Wade Redden and Manny Legace not nominated. Cristoball Huet could have been a Vezina candidate if he had played a full season. Same as Redden I suppose...

Wade Redden and Manny Legace not nominated. Cristoball Huet could have been a Vezina candidate if he had played a full season. Same as Redden I suppose...

Nah, thats crap, Kipper got nominated last season and he'd only played 38 games. He only had 4 shutouts and a .933 SV% as compared to Huet's 36 games, 7 shutouts and .929 SV%. Huet got robbed, I think Brodeur shouldn't be there. Sure he has the most wins but his GAA and SV% aren't all the impressive.

Didn't realize that.

I think Brodeau had a great finish but I think both Legace and Huet played better.

Edited by ch_nl

Why not?

Everyone else seems to be :P

Haha, I kid, I kid.

BTW, did anyone know that Freddy Mercury was Indian? Or of an Indian background? I had no idea, shows how much I paid attention.

...show must go ooooooooooooooooon...

Edited by TheAussiePosse

Why not?

Everyone else seems to be :P

Haha, I kid, I kid.

BTW, did anyone know that Freddy Mercury was Indian? Or of an Indian background? I had no idea, shows how much I paid attention.

Hm, I didn't know that about Mercury, but Souray and Price are both of First Nations background too.

hahaha... all my votes are winners again...

:king: :hlogo: :king:

If you're going to mention guys like Huet and Hasek who played great half-seasons then you've also gotta go with Tim Thomas who I believe was the best goalie in the league, this year. I'm not sure what has stats were but he just played amazing every night for Boston. My vote (as you can see) goes to Kiprussoff for being the Flames' MVP all year. He's the reason why they don't suck.

• 1 month later...
8 mountain actually :P

Makes me wonder if anyone in the east watched it. Unless it wasn't live.

Are you sure about that? Because I checked the NHL website at about 6:30 pm Pacific and they had just about all the winners posted, yet the news was on CBC...

I started watching this but, after a few minutes of the red carpet stuff and that irritating guy with the microphone, I switched channels.

I must confess, nevertheless that, since there were no Canadiens even on the horizon, there wasn't a whole lot of interest to keep me there.

The one winner, aside from Huet's Roger Crozier trophy, that satisfied me the most was Rod Brind'amour who won his trophy. He was a worthy winner, a major part of the Carolina cup win. Good for him.

:king: :hlogo: :king: