Quintal back on Saturday

Habs77

I like this move. Giving Garon a start on Tuesday against the Blue Jackets will allow Theodore to be in shape for two important games against Eastern Conference teams later this week. Mathieu has always responded quite well when given the opportunity, so I'm not worried about him coming out strong.

Also, I think expecting trades at this stage is a bit early. I must agree on the fact that many guys are underachieving as of now, but it's still too early for Gainey to take decisions concerning players' immediate future. I think he's going to take a least a few weeks before making any major changes.

:ghg:

Originally posted by Higgsfan

Also, I think expecting trades at this stage is a bit early. I must agree on the fact that many guys are underachieving as of now, but it's still too early for Gainey to take decisions concerning players' immediate future. I think he's going to take a least a few weeks before making any major changes.

:ghg:

Yes but how long will Perreault and Dackell be quiet? They have to complain sooner or later about being benched (unless they are heart-less bastards who only care about $$$ , ;) ) . Fact is , that unless we suffer another injury to a forward (or 2) we'll have to keep benching NHL-level forwards .... A trade has to happen! Maybe not in the near future , but in the not-so-distant future anyways ... lol

We just went through this last year, if they let an overload situation fester you'll one of two things:

- either the kids who don't deserve it are the ones who pay just because they don't have seniority... which cannot happen

- or some vets are benched as is the case right now, and if it stays that way too long, the unhappy few affect the whole team and you've got yourself another lost season.

Gainey doesn't need 6 months to figure out who he want to keep and who can go... fact is he's been shopping around since before the season started.

It's just that given what he has to bargain with, it's taking a while find a taker.

All the injuries have bought him time, but it's running out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1657295

Quintal out with irregular heartbeat.

Not sure how long he'll be out, but I doubt he'll return on Saturday.

Still, this is giving time to Hainsey. I hope he uses it wisely

Is anyone surprised that I'm not happy with having Perreault on the bench?

Dackell on the other hand is my first choice among forwards to be traded.

The only reason why Dackell is still with the team is that he have some chemistry with Juneau.

But on the bench he's no good to us. And it shouldn't be that hard to trade him. A third och fourthline grinder. Not overpaid. Maybe the Sens would want him back?

They took Van Allen back so why not?

These must really be hard times for your ch_nl... both Perreault & Sundstrom are going through tough times.

;)

I don't care if Dackell is dumped, but actually he's been doing better than Sundstrom so far.

Question is, is anybody interested in either of them?

Perrault was on the ice and The Fourth Period reported that Perrault wan't to stay in Montreal.

Many people says that Perreault and Juneau will be out of Montreal by next season. I don't.

Dackell and Sundström are the horses i bet my money on.

Read the article on The Fourth Period about Perreault...

The Fourth Period has no credibility, they make up a lot of rumours and things that never happened.

Did anyone notice how much faster we were without Perreault and Quintal? These two are arguably our slowest skaters.

BUT, I'd much rather see Sundstrom or Audette benched before Perreault. As much as I don't think Yannic is part of our plan, I still think he was much better then these two, and he's better then Juneau too.

Lately, Juneau has done absolutly nothing do deserve a spot. Julien using Lines vs Lines(like 1 vs1) so Juneau's ice time is declining and he has done nothing on offense. He's slower then ever, his shot is atrociously weak and his passes have been abominations. He's not a good 3rd line checker at all. He was playing on a 4th line before coming here, so why the heck is he almost getting 20 min sometimes?

Perreault was benched because he was not covering his man too often, and it was costing us goal after goal.

I can't count the number of goals that were his fault this year.

Yes he can score, but if he's costing us even more goals at the other end he's not helping us. That was Julien's point, now it's up to Perreault to show he got the message.

Originally posted by Habs77

Perreault was benched because he was not covering his man too often, and it was costing us goal after goal.

I can't count the number of goals that were his fault this year.

Yes he can score, but if he's costing us even more goals at the other end he's not helping us. That was Julien's point, now it's up to Perreault to show he got the message.

Has Perreault gotten the message in the past? I don't think so.

I think that Gainey's having two problems moving players: the CBA and salaries. Perhaps the Habs should sell the rights (if possible) to Perreault, Dackell, Juneau, Audette, Rivet, Dykhuis and Traverse to some team in the WHL.