HABS @ NYI (Game Thread)

puck7x

Theodore will most likely return to net for the habs , and thats probably the only lineup change we can except.

Can the habs repeat their performance in the 3-0 win over the Isles earlier this season? I hope so ...

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

:hlogo::hlogo::hlogo:

Sigh...

What wrong? Everybody can't be big strong and tough.

Perreault wan't to play in Montreal. He's making 2.8 million dollars and has put up with some numbers.

Most game-winners and we know that we will get about 40 points.

And that's on a team that doesn't score many goals. And he is the best face-off guy in the whole NHL.

Audette? 3 million and perhaps 10 goals?

Hossa? 1.075 000 and he's our third best prosect?

Koivu? 4. 25 million and always injuried?

No wonder Montreal are doing bad when people don't want players who can win games for them...

http://www.forecaster.ca/demo/hockey/score...reboard.cgi#inj

"Alexei Zhitnik (Buf) was fined $1,000 for his knee-to-knee hit Saturday on Montreal forward Michael Ryder, The Buffalo News reports.* "

Not enough IMO.

But at least Ryder will be back for the Isles game...

Right?

Yes Ryder will be back against the isles.

He only missed a couple shifts after Zhitnik kneed him.

And he played against the Blue Jackets (Scored the onlygoal)

As for Perreault, ch_nl talks about him like he's a superstar.

Lemieux can win you games, Forsberg can win you games, Roy won games himself almost all his career, and habs fans know that when Theo is on he can win you games.

i dont think poor yanic fits into that category.

He's a long way away from becoming one of the elite players in the NHL, and those are the only ones who can win games single handedly.

I dont hate the guy, he can score, and he is a reliable faceoff guy. But right now for a team thats rebuilding and looking for bigger players to help them get to the playoffs, he's not needed.

:ghg:

I don't think of Yannic as a superstar. I'm just standing up for him.

But fact is that Perreault has the most game-winners. He is the BEST face-off guy in the leauge.

He has som problems with the physical play but so has many others.

Have anyone seen Niclas Lidström tackle? Didn't thinks so...

He's not a first line player but a perfect second liner.

And just the fact that he WANTS to play in Montreal for less money than he would have maked elsewhere makes him special.

It's Audette's turn to sit on the sidelines as Julien re-configures the line-up once again, but keeping Koivu with Zednick and the third line in tact,as well:

Kilger Koivu Zednick (nice reward for kilger, but zed has to snap out of it, koivu still pointless)

Perreault Ribeiro Dackell (from pressbox to second line??)

Bulis juneau Sundstrom (Bulis has been more physical and had a more of a presence since his first goal)

Hossa Begin Ryder (could be good line up, underestimated by the islanders).

and, on a side note, why is the media talking about another goalie controversy? we have two good goalies, would they rather us have an inconsistent back up for Theo. They complain about everything this team does when things go bad, no wonder this organization has made mistakes.

Originally posted by GoHabs2002

It's Audette's turn to sit on the sidelines as Julien re-configures the line-up once again, but keeping Koivu with Zednick and the third line in tact,as well:

Kilger  Koivu  Zednick (nice reward for kilger, but zed has to snap out of it, koivu still pointless)

Perreault Ribeiro Dackell (from pressbox to second line??)

Bulis juneau Sundstrom  (Bulis has been more physical and had a more of a presence since his first goal)

Hossa Begin Ryder  (could be good line up, underestimated by the islanders).

and, on a side note,  why is the media talking about another goalie controversy? we have two good goalies, would they rather us have an inconsistent back up for Theo. They complain about everything this team does when things go bad, no wonder this organization has made mistakes.

why is the media talking about another goalie controversy?

Because it sells papers.

They complain about everything this team does when things go bad, no wonder this organization has made mistakes.

I understand what you mean but I don't think Bob Gainey is the type of person that is pushed into making decisions because of (perceived) media pressure.

And we thought Therrien was the king of line-shuffling... geez

1: Kilger-Koivu-Zednik

Happy for Kilger, I've always been against putting him on the top lines in the past... but the fact is he's the ONLY forward to score with an actual SHOT in weeks.

And yet, the fact is the problem with this line remains Zednik and until he wakes the hell up that line won't produce.

2: Perreault-Ribeiro-Dackell

What has Ribeiro done to deserve this... he's paired up with two guys who have been benched. And at least Perreault is an offensive player, what the hell is Dackell doing there? *sigh*

Talk about a small and soft line, not fast either.

3: Bulis-Juneau-Sundstrom

Bulis free with screw up another 5-10 shots after doing all the work to get open.

4: Hossa-Bégin-Ryder

Bégin & Ryder are two energy guys, hopefully Hossa follows their lead... hopefully this line gets good minutes if it does as well as I think it can, and other lines struggle as I think they might.

Why not try Koivu and Hossa on the same line... with Kilger. That would almost be a big sized line with a good passer (Koivu), a good shooter (Hossa) and a guy in front of the net (Kilger)... at least Hossa had a good shot earlier. I would trade almost everything on this team for a thomas Holmström. He rules in front of the net.

1 single shot on goal by Koivu and -1. And not yet a single point from our beloved C.

3 shots by Zednik but he is not showing that he is out best goal scorer.

But Zednik on the bench and asign Koivu to the Bulldogs.

And by the way. Perreault had 7(!) shots on goal, and his line was the only line giving a goal.

it's getting really frustrating.. WE CAN'T BUY A DAMN GOAL! It takes a miracle to score a goal.. even sometimes it takes 2 miracles i a row! WTF

I really don't know how the Habs could turn around their offensive lethargy. Why was it looking so easy at the beginning of the season?

Markov, Zednik, Rivet are playing really under the expectations. Zednik isn't creative at all, no energy.

The only player who looks confident is Sheldon Souray. THe only player who looks to have fun is Begin.

What is Joe Juneau doing in the NHL!! I don't understand.. I really don't. Explain it to me someone!!!

It's all Theodore's fault. He has to get a shutout each and every start in order for the Habs and their anemic offense to win a game. Ditto for Garon.

The Habs are going through a scoring slump. To be successful you must learn to deal with and master failure. A bad game or two does not cause the slump. The slump is a direct result of what the player says to themselves about their failures. The Habs have to reframe the meaning of those bad games as what they need to do to have the good ones. Failure gets the players closer to success if they learn from them and then forget them.

http://www.competitivedge.com/ppg/ppg08.html

Julien is becoming exactly what Therrien was.

He must be hated by the a lot of the players.

He's benching a different guy every night, which is stupid.

He's making stupid line combinations.

He's not rewarding anyone, you can have a good game and the next game be on a line with Bums or not even be in the damn lineup.

Some examples are: Ribeiro has played well almost every game!! Look who he played with last game, Two bums.

As bad as Audette has been, he doesn't deserve to be out of the lineup in favor of Dackell or Sundstrom.

Ryder has put in a good effort every game, he scored against the jackets and then gets demoted to the 4th line.( At the beginning of the game when i saw the lineup i thought that after a couple of shifts the 4th line would be getting a lot of ice time becasue they would outplay the other lines, but when they had a couple of good shifts theere minutes dropped)

Julien is just being stupid, the media in Montreal should be all over him. Larry Robinson should be the coach in Montreal ASAP.

Who's gonna be sitting the next game, my bet is Ryder.

Possible good lines if they could stay together

Zednik-Koivu-Ryder

Bulis-Ribeiro-Hossa

Kilger-Juneau-Dackell

Langdon-Begin-Audette

Put ward in Audette's place when he returns and send Audette on the next flight out of town.

But Zednik on the bench and asign Koivu to the Bulldogs.  

And by the way. Perreault had 7(!) shots on goal, and his line was the only line giving a goal.  

You can at least try to keep some sort of credibility.

Who was our only hitting forward? oh yes, number 11.

How many goals did Perreault get after his injury, yup 2.

Fact of the matter is, Koivu's our best forward, you gotta live with that. Perreault's becoming deadweight, he hasn't gotten many points lately either and by putting him in the press box or on the 4th line many times these past three years, even 2 managements agree that he doesn't bring much to the team.