(HABS vs SENS) Julien changes lines, yet again

Habs77

Juneau-Koivu-Zednik

Kilger-Ribeiro-Audette

Bulis-Perreault-Dackell

Langdon-Begin-Sundstrom

So now 2 kids are out, Ryder & Hossa.

And now Rivet will play the PP as a forward and his job will be to park himself in front of the net.

Julien's constant line juggling reeks of desperation. And we've seen this act before... Therrien did the same thing.

So now there is no longer a defensive line, Therrien has tried that too to start last year.

But let me try to play devil's advocate... and try to guess what Julien is thinking.

With our new system all our lines are playing pretty good defense, so let's break up the "defensive line" and try to go with 3 lines that can potentially produce offense... since that is our greatest need.

By sitting the 2 kids, he's telling the vets they are the ones that must turn things around. He might also be afraid of losing the room so sitting a few kids will put less heat on him.

This is all about buying time, until Gainey finally helps him out.

As for Rivet in front of then net, I don't mind it. It's much better than Rivet at the point I'll tell you that.

Ottawa uses Chara in front of the net at times, other teams have done it too. You take a guy like Souray shooting from the point and bother the goalie, that can work.

Problem is the teams will adjust and check the points closely... forcing the Habs to work down low with Rivet out of position and pretty useless in the cycle.

We'll see how it works out.

All I can say is that if Gainey doesn't make a move soon, our new objective will be drafting Crosby.

(Puck Edit : Hope you dont mind habs77 , but turned this into the game thread)

(Habs77 Edit: Don't mind at all)

[Edited on 15-11-03 by Habs77]

Dunno, but I'd rather see Chris Higgins on the first line rather than Joe Juneau. To put Juneau on the first line is a desperate move. But what if it works? It doesn't take much to have a good chemistry get going. What if Juneau rejuvenate himself on an offensive line?

If we are not able to score more than 2 goals today, I really don'T know what will happen next. That might not be really funny for some players.

[Edited on 2003-11-18 by sakiqc]

The best help that Gainey can get for Julien, is to get rid of him.

i agree Julien is becoming another Therrien and thats the last thing we need to see.

i dont hate the guy and you cant expect much when he doesnt have the talent to work with and the little talent he has are not performing, but lately he;s just becoming plain stupid.

Juneau on the top line is the worst thing i've heard of in a long time.

Anyway, i hope im wrong!

:ghg:

I had the same reaction when Dackell was put on the 2nd line... and he's the one who scored the only goal, so from now on as stupid as the moves look I'll try to keep an open mind.

Try to look at it this way, they can't do any worse than the former lineups... it's as simple as that.

prediction:

Habs : 2

Sens : 5

I will leave the computer in period 1 since the sens will be leading 3-0.

Zednik with 1 goal

Koivu with 2 assists

Markov with 1 goal

Theo will be yanked in period 2 after allowing 4-0 just 30 seconds into the period.

I hope I am wrong but I think its a possible scenairo

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

a thing I hear on the radio is this... allways when the habs have a scoring chance they say (couldnt pull the trigger) while when the other teams have scoring chances they say (SAVE BY THEODORE!!!)

We need people who can make the other goalies touch the puck.

I'll take this win and run!

We deserved to lose , but hey... when you look back on the season people dont remember when we deserved to lose/win , they remember the actual losses and wins , so who cares? :)

Man... Sens dominated us all night with their speed and cycle game , habs are too damn slow.

Creds to Habs! Or some habs...

What the fcuk are Zednik and Koivu doing?!

And as for Julien. What do you want from him? When the team is not playing well, something has to be done. Last time he was right about Dackell.

But I am really concerned about Zed and Saku. They are suppose to lead the team on scoring and as the capitain Saku should lead our team in many ways.

I'm getting to tired of Saku Koivu. Sometimes I feel that Montreals problem are due to him and a certain Mario Tremblay...

Everybody loves Saku (how can one not? They guy had cancer and came back, he is a highlight player and a nice person) But he is no good to Montreal.

If Roy was untouchable Koivu should be to...

We have the superstar goalie to build this team on but we need a player without a mask as well. And right now I don't feel that is Saku Koivu.

We have Yannic Perreault, he's a franchise player.

But I am really concerned about Zed and Saku. They are suppose to lead the team on scoring and as the capitain Saku should lead our team in many ways.  

I'm getting to tired of Saku Koivu. Sometimes I feel that Montreals problem are due to him and a certain Mario Tremblay...  

Everybody loves Saku (how can one not? They guy had cancer and came back, he is a highlight player and a nice person) But he is no good to Montreal.  

If Roy was untouchable Koivu should be to...  

We have the superstar goalie to build this team on but we need a player without a mask as well. And right now I don't feel that is Saku Koivu.  

I'd really like to hear you elaborate. I'd like to know why Montreals problems are due to him.

I'd like to know why we couldn't keep him and acquire a franchise player thrue the draft(like real teams do).

I'd like to know why you think that he would get us a good return when you keep saying he isn't good.

I'd like to know how the heck he is supposed to lead team in scoring after 4 games and an injury(remember Perreault last year---» 2 goals after his injury)

Roy was traded because a weak minded GM let the media control him. Theres no reason to trade Saku Koivu unless we get a guy like Lecavalier. We need a true number 1 center and if we are to trade Saku for equal value, then lets not. He's the only one who shows up everynight, who hits, who's gritty and puts up the points. IMO people just put too much pressure on him because past managements labelled him as franchise player, but he's not anymore(he used to be before his injury). Good teams keep their good players, Saku is our best forward by far, I'm not saying to build around him but theres about 29 other GMs who would be all over Gainey if he was available. That can't be said about our other players.

Saku's coming back from an injury, be patient and give him time. Zednik is having a slump, which is normal. If we give up on them, we'll be banging our heads when they'll put up major points with other teams.

How many times have we traded our good players just to see them blossom with someone else. Let's not repeat that again.

Unless we get a Thornton, Ovechkin, Kovalchuck, Heatly or Lecavalier who are all under 25 and are franchise players, then don't trade Koivu.

[Edited on 2003/11/16 by Habsaku]

EDIT: I find it funny your against the only guy who's got a lot of desire and determination to play, who plays bigger then his size and has never let the team down. Yet you defend our softest most slowest forward, who's afraid of going into corners, who doesn't play defense, who has no leadership and who shows up only 1 game out of 5. His 25 goals sure blind some people.

[Edited on 2003/11/16 by Habsaku]

Well... Maybe that last post just had to much emotion in it.

Saku hasn't play well thus far. Neither has Zednik. And to be honest. I expect more.

And I have never said that Perreault is a franschise player. I just arguing that he is a perfect second liner that gives us 40 point a year. 40 point that we desperatly need.

Saku Koivu is always injuried and I can't remember a worse edition of the Montreal Canadiens since Saku Koivu came in.

The last time my favourite team was doing well in the playoffs Saku was in the hospital.

I don't really want to see Saku traded. But it would be nice to see new face on Canadiens cover-shots...

Well... Maybe that last post just had to much emotion in it.  

Saku hasn't play well thus far. Neither has Zednik. And to be honest. I expect more.  

And I have never said that Perreault is a franschise player. I just arguing that he is a perfect second liner that gives us 40 point a year. 40 point that we desperatly need.  

Saku Koivu is always injuried and I can't remember a worse edition of the Montreal Canadiens since Saku Koivu came in.  

The last time my favourite team was doing well in the playoffs Saku was in the hospital.  

I don't really want to see Saku traded. But it would be nice to see new face on Canadiens cover-shots...  

Zednik and Koivu haven't done half of what they can, thats true. But I think Koivu came back too early from his injury, he doesn't shift nearly as much as last year and his foot speed isnt as good. Thats what I don't like about Koivu, he always comes back too early only to worsen his injuries.

Perreault was good for us when we didn't have anything, but now we have Ribeiro and I really don't like soft players. I personnaly don't mind Perreault on the 3rd line if he can do the job defensively, I'd try Bulis-Perreault-Hossa, 2 big bodys who are sound defensively(I hate Juneau more then Yannic). We're in a position where we want to trade Perreault but we can't cause we'd have no value in return and we need goals.

Your right that Saku's teams have been the worse, but look at the support players, they we're the real reason the team lost...

in 1998, we had a pretty good playoffs until Hasek came in and destroyed us. 2002 was all Theodore and Gilmour. You have no Idea how much I'd like Ribeiro to turn into Gilmour(which isn't impossible).

What I agree with you 100% is about the cover shots. Koivu has been labelled a franchise player. I have his name in Habsaku but that's only because I had no other players to like a few years ago and I liked Saku's grit. But theres no way he is a top center and even less a franchise player. He just hasn't been the same since he got injured after leading the league and he lost even more speed during the 2000-2001 injury. Right now, he's a 2nd line center who leads by example. If I had the chance to get Lecavalier for him, I'd do it in a heart beat.

The thing I didn't like is that you almost came off as saying Perreault is better then Koivu and you criticized him for every reason in the world.

IMO, we should keep our best players, thats how we build a team. The problem with Perreault is that he's often lazy and he's also a UFA who came in as a UFA. Now that we have kids like Plekanec, Higgins and Ribeiro, he's become expendable. Koivu, on the other hand, brings a lot to the table and I think that with less responsibilities, we'd see more value in him. Even Brisebois has performed much better with less responsibilities.

if we could get Schremp(this years equivalent of Spezza) this year it would be great. He's a bit self-centered but people tend to exagerrate and he's a competitor. People we're saying Kovalchuck was the same, but look at his desire to win.

With a real 1st line center like that we'd have potentially three good scoring lines with Koivu and Ribiero.

I would never say that Perreault is a better hockey player than Koivu. Im just liking him. But Koivu is way more talanted.

I'm just saying that Perreault is worth every nickel. Meanwhile to many players are not deserving their salary.

And I know Perreault is soft and useless some games. But everybody can't be Joe Thornton...

And that thing you said about keeping the best players is the way to build a team... I don't know if I agree.

I think that you have to keep players who fits the needs of the team. Not nessecerily the best.

I think Marius Czerkawski is a living proof of that. Talanted but not in favour of Montreal.