Fifa World Cup

sakiqc

World Cup 2006  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you cheering for? (Poll choices sorted by current winning odds)

• Brazil
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Italy
    • France
    • Holland
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Czeck Republic
    • Sweden
    • Mexico
    • Ukraine
    • USA
    • Serbia
    • Ivory Coast
    • Poland
    • Switzerland
    • Australia
    • (Other)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have to pick brazil...I'm not a big connaisseur of the players but I know how much ronaldinho's good and I think ronaldo can still keep up with the kid.

I'd like to see france doing good this year since they got kicked out of the euro/mundial..i don't remember...but here's a chance to reddem themselves

Which flag is Ivory Coast? Is it the one to the left of Ghana?

Any reason you're cheering for Ivory Coast, sakiqc?

Yeah, the CIV flag.

Well, one of my neighbors is from there, and one of the CIV player was living near his house. Also I like underdogs with good stories. It's their 1st Mundial I think. And they have some great players. 2 great defenders who played in the Champions league final yesterday with Arsenal. Drogba is one of the stars in England, playing with Chelsea. The CIV coach was coaching France in 1998 when they won the Mundial.

Yeah, the CIV flag.

Well, one of my neighbors is from there, and one of the CIV player was living near his house. Also I like underdogs with good stories. It's their 1st Mundial I think. And they have some great players. 2 great defenders who played in the Champions league final yesterday with Arsenal. Drogba is one of the stars in England, playing with Chelsea. The CIV coach was coaching France in 1998 when they won the Mundial.

Ohhh. Alright then, makes sense. :) I think you're right too, I'm pretty sure it's their first.

I guess I'll be seeing you in the first round then. I'm surprised that Argentina actually has better odds then the Dutch. I think we're the better team. I guess we'll see since we're also in the same group.

Hehe i'm the first person cheering for the country he actually lives in. Well that doesnt matter.

I think all together Argentina has a better team than Holland has. Ok we got some great offence. But our Defence and Midfield is unproven. Most of them are new on the big stage. For sure have some international experience. I dunno, this year i have the least expectations from Holland, so maybe that will turn out oke. All i know is that Marco van Basten sure made a team. It's not that there are all individuals, like we had other years. Only stars, so maybe the team will connect and realy plays good.

I know for sure that Ruud will be eager to show Ferguson who's the number one striker.

For sure Brazil has in talent the best team, but it happened to often that the favorite on forehand didnt win, so i guess the won't win it!

I think the African teams have some great players, they play in great european competitions. But i don't think they are that good as a team. Technical they are brilliant, but tactical they lose it to the European and South American teams. Allthough they may have European coaches, i don't have high expectations from them, i hope i'm wrong. They always make a WC interesting.

I'm trouting for the Dutch followed by the Brazilians.

Sorry - I have no pretty pictures. ;)

I'm trouting for the Dutch followed by the Brazilians.

Sorry - I have no pretty pictures. ;)

... no matter, BtH! :D

Your "foster-child" Bulis the John &Co. is in the semis now! ;);) GO! czech_republic.jpg GO! ;);)

Lets see Germany will be under pressure.

France is floating under the radar. Henry is pissed he lost to Barcelona in Champions League.

Of Course there is Brazil but come on thats like saying either the red sox or yankees will be in the playoffs. Its gonna happen.

England has too many injuries.

The best thing for the world in my opinion would have an african team win or some team from a country the u.s. disaproves of, don't really want the u.s. to do well bunch of spoiled kids from the white suburbs.

But as usual it will be Germany vs. Brazil again.

Since Canada sucks at soocer I'm cheering for my distant homeland of France :D

Not true, hehe. I was the 3rd vote and I put the US.

I thought so, i saw one point for USA,and that had to be Fanpuck. And thought there were many US soccer fans here. I had it in my post, but is see i deleted it :blush: . But now one reacted in this topic, thats what i meant. Funny so see all those canadians picking a team, and why they do it. It's good to see the WC has it fans in the American continent!

I already saw the first orange decorated streets, gonna post some pics soon. The Dutchies are going insane over here!

I thought so, i saw one point for USA,and that had to be Fanpuck. And thought there were many US soccer fans here. I had it in my post, but is see i deleted it :blush: . But now one reacted in this topic, thats what i meant. Funny so see all those canadians picking a team, and why they do it. It's good to see the WC has it fans in the American continent!

I already saw the first orange decorated streets, gonna post some pics soon. The Dutchies are going insane over here!

Awesome, I know my dad (as well as I) would love to see how the Dutch get ready for the World Cup. He hasn't been there since the 70s and I've never been there.

http://www.nu.nl/rubriek.jsp?n=330324&c=700

here are some pics from the EC in 2004. There are some nice pics, but i've seen streets that are totally painted orange. But here is to give an idea...

I love the one where they put orange decoration on a German car!!The rivalry is still great!

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

• 2 weeks later...

Go Portugal Go!!!!