Fifa World Cup

sakiqc

World Cup 2006  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you cheering for? (Poll choices sorted by current winning odds)

• Brazil
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Italy
    • France
    • Holland
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Czeck Republic
    • Sweden
    • Mexico
    • Ukraine
    • USA
    • Serbia
    • Ivory Coast
    • Poland
    • Switzerland
    • Australia
    • (Other)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, what a great game that was. Offcourse sweden was better, no doubt about that. But T&T had the best chance, they hit the bar.

T&T also played the whole second halfe with 10 man, that second yellow wasn't right. It was pure on the ball,allthough it was a bit rough. BTW that Wilhelmson is quite a whiner. After one game i'm already sick of him again. Tumbling and falling, but he makes such a show of it. Just like Robben :P.

4 hours to go and it's our turn, i have no idea what to expect. But for sure is that this isnt our best team in years. I'm affraid or our defence! But can't wait to see v.Persie again. The guy is good lately

Can't wait to see v.Persie again. The guy is good lately

DHF for HW-Nostradamus! The Netherlands up 1-0. Arjen Robben.

Good win, the oponent is better than everybody thinks. I saw some good things, but it think it was to hot to play dominant the whole game. And attack the whole time, they had to retreat now and than to keep fit.

Robben had a lot of play, v.Persie and Ruud didnt. Havent seen them a lot. But v.Persie made some good moves, also on the goal. Nice assist.

3 points, bring on ivorycoast, another hard opponent!

Obviously Arjen had a great game and I though van Persie did as well. He deked some Serbs out of their shorts. But outside of that one free kick chance, I thought Ruud was pretty invisible. Wasn't surprised to see him go out for Kuyt.

I'm glad this game is done with, earliest start for a Holland game. 6:30 in the morning, blech. I can't analyze a team properly that early in the morning.

I can't analyze a team properly that early in the morning.

You did a good job. Van Persie & Robben played a good game. Nice to see Robben play that well, after a so-so season.

Portugal cruised to a 1-0 victory over Angola after Pauleta opened the scoring in the 4th minute. Chances are Holland & Portugal will meet in the second round.

1885lw.gif

Edited by mathieu30

You did a good job. Van Persie & Robben played a good game. Nice to see Robben play that well, after a so-so season.

I was a bit anoyed that Robben did to much himself. He thinks he can beat the Serbs by himself. Yes he made some great actions, but he needs pay more attention to his teammates. I think thats also one reason Ruud didnt get a proper ball. The wingers didnt make it to the backline and put the ball in front from that point. Than Ruud is very dangerous. V.Persie pointed also out in the papers today that Robben needs to look more for his teammates. Offcourse he made some great stuff, but it can be better!

Got to catch a bit of the Aussi/Japan game today... Had to get ready around the 70th minute when Japan was up 1-0 so missed the end of the game... BIG MISTAKE.

Australia made the comeback to score 3 goals in 6 minutes... had to see it via replay.

I'll never miss the last 20 again :P.

Czech Rep up 2-0 against the US. Beautiful goal Tomas Rosicky.

Yeah, can't disagree there. So far looks like this one will go to the Czechs, but I suppose anything can happen.

That big US defender with number 22, Oguchi Onyewu, is one good player. Does anyone know what team he's playing for?

US looked dead out there in the 1st half, no energy at all. They need to get Eddie Johnson and in there and get him on some runs. Move Donovan to his natural midfield position, he was invisible up front.

They heard ya... He just had a good shot, but it ended up on top of the net, hehe.

That big US defender with number 22, Oguchi Onyewu, is one good player. Does anyone know what team he's playing for?

Yeah isnt that Anderlecht, our commentator said something like that. Or was it some other american player. No i believe it was him (probably not otherwise you would have known that)

EDIT: hahahaha your kidding: It's Standard Liege!! good one m8 ;)

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

... well controled game, but we lost the "Long John"

for rest of tournament probably! :( :( :(

jan-koller.jpg

... it's a pity! Injury just two minutes before halftime!! :(

We'll see, but we are strong enough without him too.

It's official now. Jan Koller have a torn muscle on his right thigh!

He is out for 3-4 weeks at least :(:(:(!!!

God save our attack! (coz Baros isn't 100% healthy too! :( )

Update: ... very latest news from our medical team - "big John" have some chance to start in play-off rounds of tournament!!! :) Good luck to him & speedy recovery!!!

Edited by tommy9

Well The italy game was for sure the best i seen so far alot of action on both sides italys defense was AMAZING CANAVARO AND NESTA #1, But i see ghana playing a lot better against czech and usa. i think they can show a big upset, all they have to do is have some more team leadership and get shots more on target. FORZA AZZURRI!!!

Portugal may have struggled through the 1st game but... they...

WON!!!!

:):D:lol::clap:

Edited by shortcat1

Got to catch a bit of the Aussi/Japan game today... Had to get ready around the 70th minute when Japan was up 1-0 so missed the end of the game... BIG MISTAKE.

Australia made the comeback to score 3 goals in 6 minutes... had to see it via replay.

I'll never miss the last 20 again :P.

What can we say?

We is the incredibleness.

We is the full sic.

We is totally indominatability.

Next up - Brazilioskopy. Joga Bonito!!