Fifa World Cup

sakiqc

World Cup 2006  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you cheering for? (Poll choices sorted by current winning odds)

• Brazil
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Italy
    • France
    • Holland
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Czeck Republic
    • Sweden
    • Mexico
    • Ukraine
    • USA
    • Serbia
    • Ivory Coast
    • Poland
    • Switzerland
    • Australia
    • (Other)

and the 4th dutch headcoach just won. So we have 3 winners, and one draw(that looks like a winner). Not bad. Dutch coaches taking over.

Can't wait to see brasil tonight. I think they will have a hard time with Croatia. The have a realy good team, i hope they are not affraid like the Paraquay team was. They could have beaten England if they didnt play such a defence game.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, France just can't score. 4 games in a row with no goals in the World Cup.

I think my favourite part of the World Cup is the announcing. Every announcer is good for at least one sweet line every game. Examples: "Trinidad have been out and back in this match more often than the Mexican national debt" or something to that effect.

After the hooligan stormed the pitch in today's Brazil-Croatia match the announcer called it a "silly piece of action". Maybe it's the accents that make it seem even better, but i wish North American sports had announcers in this sort of laid back style.

France played very poor!! The france coach is a chicken! Playing with 4 defenders and 5 midfielders, only Henry was up front really!! He was on an Island! They suck, i hope they won't make it to the next round again!

Brasil played worse than i would have thought, Croatie was good. I love that team and shirt, i think they can do some damage this tourney. Well today the last teams get in action, so we have an overview about the favorites. Only France/Sweden and Poland got in trouble so far....

Wow, if you missed the Tunisia / Saudi Arabia game, shame on you.

The 2nd Half turned out to be quite exciting, with S.A. making late substitions that paid off and withing 3 minutes got them a goal to put them up 2-1 on a very nyce Al-Jaber goal.

Though it was almost for nothing as Tunisia came back in extra time to tie it up at 2.

Should be interesting to see how strongly Germany comes out next game.

Tunisia/Saudi Arabia and Germany/Poland were 2 amazing games. Spain destroyed Ukraine 4-0.

Now, they're talking about racism againt black players, Henry and Eto'o in particular. Never even heard of this stuff - apparently Luis Aragones (coach of the Spanish national team) made a racist comment against Henry saying "You have to beat that black piece of sh*t" or something.

Hmm...

Germany wins their 2nd match by a 1-0 score.... but wow... Had to wait the whole game for that one, as it came in the 91st minute.

You could have known that ;) . Thats the way Germany wins normally! To bad for Poland, they deserved a point, but they just can't score. They need better strikers!

Man, that was ugly.

I feel bad only winning 1-0 now.

1 HOUR UNTIL THE DUTCH....I'M SO EEEXXXXCCCCIIIIITTTTEEEEEDDDD!!!!

Hehe, ditto. Looking forward to that game now as well. 15 minutes :D

Well we're through, but it was the worst match i've seen in a long long time! We played good only the first 15 minutes, the rest was crap. Looks like a lot of guys were having a off day. Giovanni/Ooijer/Matthijsen/Cocu/vBommel, all crap. Ruud was oke, and van Persie the best man! What a GOAL!! SUPERB!! The guy had some great actions, and always looks if one of his teammates is available. Robben NEVER does that. The guy was only solo again, i hate that!! We could have scored at least 2 times if he gave away the ball.

Hmm i'm a bit mad, but i should be happy with the next round. Maybe it is because i know if we play like this we wont be the world Champ!!

Yeah, Robben was being selfish again. I thought we played better then last game atleast considering Ivory Coast is better then Serbia (atleast IMO) but it still wasn't a great game.

If we don't get it together though, Argentina is gonna kill us. Atleast we're through anyway.

Oh, also, van Persie is my friggin hero. The guy does it all! Truly amazing talent.