Fifa World Cup

sakiqc

World Cup 2006  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you cheering for? (Poll choices sorted by current winning odds)

• Brazil
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Italy
    • France
    • Holland
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Czeck Republic
    • Sweden
    • Mexico
    • Ukraine
    • USA
    • Serbia
    • Ivory Coast
    • Poland
    • Switzerland
    • Australia
    • (Other)

That was an amazing game. Maybe the best of he tournament so far. I can't wait for Holland-Portugal though as that one should be just as promising. But that's what we thought Holland-Argentina would be and that one turned out pretty average.

VAMOS PORTUGAL! :D

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VAMOS PORTUGAL!

Ha, a real connaisseur!

Força Portugal!

smilley_cachecol.gifsmilley_flag.gifsmilley_cachecol.gif

Tão grande, Tão forte,

Força!

Edited by mathieu30

Portugal is taking advantage of this HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE officiating. Anything Portugal does isn't deserved, this ref sucks.

Hehe, looks like they made up for it when that guy (I'm very unfamiliar w/ the players' names) got the red card for Portugal.

Hehe, looks like they made up for it when that guy (I'm very unfamiliar w/ the players' names) got the red card for Portugal.

He should've been red carded way the hell before that though. And (I think it was Robben. Robben or Kuyt) got kicked in the face in the penalty area. The FACE! How is there no penalty shot!?

ARGH!

He should've been red carded way the hell before that though. And (I think it was Robben. Robben or Kuyt) got kicked in the face in the penalty area. The FACE! How is there no penalty shot!?

ARGH!

I was on the phone when that one happened, but half caught it. It looked more like the chest than the face though?

Looked like the chin/mouth area on the replay.

Gotchya, didn't really get a good look. :D

Haha, fight. Pound those mofos.

I hate Portugal so much, always have. Piece of crap team.

LOL.

Wow, this game is falling apart. Guys are getting kicked left and right. I wouldn't be surprised if this finished with only 3 guys on each side. :P

GO ENGLAND next round!

ARGH!

How can a guy be high-sticked in the face/eye-area right in front of a ref and not have a penalty called... :angry:

How can a guy be high-sticked in the face/eye-area right in front of a ref and not have a penalty called... :angry:

Money exchanged hands.

I don't know if I'm really mad right now or really sad. Maybe both.

16 cards ties the record.

Figo should have gotten a red card for that headbutt! And then Boulharouz gets kicked off for elbowing Figo when Figo should never have been on the field. That first guy should have gotten his 2nd yellow before he ended up getting it, on a kick to the shin. Robben should have been rewarded with a penalty after taking a kick to the chest in the area.

The good news is that we pretty much took Portugal down with us as all their guys (and maybe Ronaldo and Ricardo) won't be able to play in the next match and maybe not at top quality anyway.

Anyways, we had a decent World Cup. If only we were able to finish.

Oh - and GO SPAIN GO!

I really don't see how the Dutch can be complaining too much, it was an all around classless performance by both teams with diving and cheating all around. How Deco got sent off ill never know as it was Cocu who pushed him down! Very exciting game to watch though, especially since i wasn't cheering for either side.

How does Ruud not even get in the game? I don't know a whole lot about soccer but i was always under the impression that he was the Netherland's best player?

That was just insane.

We got Robbed!

YES PORTUGAL!! What a match! Classless Netherlands now can go back home

Your kidding right...

Figa made a pure "swalbe"and Boula got his second red. That was just nothing.

Deco just kills one from behind and got away with yellow. While the whole portugal team falls over the guy laying on the ground. 2 dutch players protect him and also get yellow. Pure red for deco in the beginning.

Figo nailed vBommel with his head. Ref just gives yellow. thats red!

Robben got nailed in the penalty area with a Karate kick in his shoulder, and nothing called.

The ref was just insane!

i knew we would lose, we always lose to this kinda teams. With all the drama they put up!

But as a neutral viewer you gotta say. Portugal never deserved it, they had 2 changes. I know if we dont finish them you're out of the tournament, so we deserve to be out!

The referring was really pour yeah. Still Netherlands didn't stop complaining all game.

I was mad that NED didn't give the ball back to Portugal after one incident. No wonder why Deco tackled the player. It was their ball.

Rubben didn't stop yelling and complaining all game, while nobody heard Figo who was running up and down the field all the game like a purasangre

The referring was really pour yeah. Still Netherlands didn't stop complaining all game.

I was mad that NED didn't give the ball back to Portugal after one incident. No wonder why Deco tackled the player. It was their ball.

That doesn't mean you go and tackle the hell out of the player, give me a freaking break. And THEN 4 or 5 Portugese are in his face while hes injured. Who's classeless? Glad to see Sneijder give 'em hell though.

Robben didn't stop yelling and complaining all game, while nobody heard Figo who was running up and down the field all the game like a purasangre

Thats just the way Robben is, go watch Chelsea play. Thats why the ref never gave him calls. No matter how dirty it got, the Portugese karate-kicked Robben in the FACE in the PENALTY AREA. NO CALL! And then Figo has the balls to headbutt Van Bommel. The Dutch did nowhere NEAR that.

Please, go look up classless and you'll see Portugal right next to it. That game was a joke. I'm gonna be pissed off for the rest of the summer now.

Rubben didn't stop yelling and complaining all game, while nobody heard Figo who was running up and down the field all the game like a purasangre

Yeah thats just how Robben is, i try not to annoy myself. But we only got one of those. Portugal a whole team.

And i'm not sure if the ball belonged to portugal, but a tackle from behind is red, whenever you do it!

The ref was just inconsistent as hell. A lot of yellow and red cards we're right. But he missed to much, and got fooled also to many times!

I don't care losing, 2 years back we deserved to lose to portugal. But not on this way!