Fifa World Cup

sakiqc

World Cup 2006  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you cheering for? (Poll choices sorted by current winning odds)

• Brazil
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Italy
    • France
    • Holland
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Czeck Republic
    • Sweden
    • Mexico
    • Ukraine
    • USA
    • Serbia
    • Ivory Coast
    • Poland
    • Switzerland
    • Australia
    • (Other)

Zidane won the GOLDEN BALL as the most valuable player of the World Cup.

I'm glad for him. I'm glad that his headbutt didn't cause those who decide who wins the GB to discount his total contribution to the World Cup tournament.

By the way, GB is BG backwards.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zidane won the GOLDEN BALL as the most valuable player of the World Cup.

I'm glad for him. I'm glad that his headbutt didn't cause those who decide who wins the GB to discount his total contribution to the World Cup tournament.

By the way, GB is BG backwards.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

to be fair, shortcat, the voting for the award was largely already done by the time the head butt happened -- the voting is done by journalists covering the World Cup, and it starts at noon.

Doesn't Jeventious or AC Milan have a facist fan section where one guy scores a goal and starts to do the roman salute? I remember hearing about that on the BBC World Service. Funny thing is if that was Jeventious fans didn't Zidane play for them?

All teams have different factions ... but its more apparent where Two or more teams from the same city exist

for example Juventus and Torino "Toro" are from Torino (Turin) where Fiat is based and who own Juventus... historically Juventus was the cities higher class favorite and in the FIAT car company this usually meant that the higher directive sector (mainly the capos) were Juve fans, while the factory worker were Toro fans...

So yes you could see more rigth wing fans in Juve ... while you would see more leftist squads in TOro

But as I personally witnessed a few weeks ago in Toro's final game of the season the Hooligans of the team look rather Nazi like... no salute but skinheads tattoos namely GRANATA KORPS and VIKINGS etc big scary dudes that jump and scream the whole 90 minutes... had to be on drugs I was smack in the middle and I never had a workout like that in any spectating sporting event ever! I think i lost 2 Kilos that day!

Interesting interview with Zidane about what happened in the Italy game. Seems as if Materazzi said some derogatory comments about his mother and sister not once, but THREE times! The commentators on TSN also mentioned that insulting the mother of an Algerian male is seen as a terrible slight and often leads to violence. Zidane also went on to say that he did not regret his actions nor would he appologize, as by doing so, he would be saying that it was alright for Materazzi to make such slurs. He did however appologize to all the children in the world for having to see that.

I don't know why I didn't think to look for a link last night, but here you go: http://tsn.ca/soccer/news_story/?ID=171119...;hubname=soccer

Another article, this time about proceedings against Materazzi: http://tsn.ca/soccer/news_story/?ID=171176...;hubname=soccer

Edited by dark_faerie87