The Davinci Code

The-Habby2919

Hey, I was just wondering what everybody thought about the DaVinci Code which opens tomorrow. Being a Christian myself Im contemplating whether or not to see something that blasphemises Jesus... also I hear that the movie is rushed though and suffers from bad dialogue.(Kinda like the book... it was written horribly)

So, what does everybody else think?

:hlogo:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats her first movie i saw couple of months ago, and i realy loved it! It's maybe a weird movie, but great humor. I love that side of Paris. Because of the movie i go to paris this summer for holiday. I stay in the same area where the movie was shot (Montmartre)

(and i will go for Pere Lachaise, where Jim Morrison is burried)

I think the book was good. I'm not a religious person ( far from it )

I think that alot of people who said to be offended by the book are actually people who never really read it.

I think it'll be a good-but-not-great- movie

gotta love jean reno-audrey tautou- :rolleyes: and tom hanks.

I'm seeing the movie tomorrow so I'll post my review after

I really liked the book but I think the ending was a bit of a letdown.

I don't expect the movie to be that great though. Tom Hanks is great but I just can't see him as Langdon... I'll definitely go see it though.

It's a fictional murder mystery, my father says. I haven't read it and he has so I'll take his word on it.

I'm a Christian also. Would I go & see it? Likely. I'm not offended by stuff like that. It's just some story that has a pseudo-Christian content to it. I wouldn't take that aspect of it seriously. Big deal.

:hlogo: :angry: :hlogo:

Audrey Tautou is a sweetheart. If you dig enough, you can even find some topless screencaps from one of her movies. ;)

"Amélie" is a great movie. Very original. Maybe too cute and sweet for some, but its that cartoonish mood that makes it unique.

I was somewhat letdown by the DaVinci Code book. Its a formula book taylor-made for the US best-sellers market (ie. female readers): exotic locations, a romance without sex, not too much violence, wealthy people and places, mystical mystery. Brown did an awesome job mixing the elements, but there's much more original and worthy things to read out there.

I'm not a big fan of Ron Howard. I find most of his work conventional and uninspiring. But his style will probably fit the story well so the movie should be alright. You can never really go wrong with Hanks, Reno and Tautou. They can salvage almost any movie.

A little bit off topic here, but if you enjoyed the DaVinci Code, you should check out the book "Angels and Demons." Also written by Mr. Brown, and it also features Robert Langdon in a DaVinchi like murder mystery that revolves around the past.

A little bit off topic here, but if you enjoyed the DaVinci Code, you should check out the book "Angels and Demons." Also written by Mr. Brown, and it also features Robert Langdon in a DaVinchi like murder mystery that revolves around the past.

I actually read that before The Davinci Code, really good book. I dunno, I guess I'm in the minority here but I loved The Davinci Code and though it was one of the better books I've ever read. *shrugs*. As for the actual controversy (seems like everyone is offended from albinos to catholics) it's like what...I think it was Ron Howard said..."When people went to buy this book, they went into the fiction section". It couldn't fit the whole situation anymore perfectly. Although it'd be easier to just avoid the whole religious discussion.

Anyway, yeah, I loved The Davinci Code and thought they did a good job with the casting. Obviously Jean Reno and Audrey Tautou were great choices and I always find it hard to dislike a movie that has Ian McKellan in it (I CAN'T WAIT FOR X-MEN 3!!!!!!). Tom Hanks, which I disliked at first, just seems to make more and more sense as Langdon as time passes. He never comes across as the Indiana Jones type in the book but is more of just a normal professor. I think Tom Hanks was a good choice.

Angels and Demons was better than the Da Vinci Code (it's strange though, everyone knew him better as "Leonardo" before the book).

Amelie was superb, and both Audrey Tautou and Ian McKellan put solid performances in this movie.

I read the book before I became a Christian, and even then I found it nowhere close to the hype it deserved. I think the worldwide church has made it clear it's a work of fiction, and people should no longer have any excuse to think otherwise.

A shame the movie got laughed at (Cannes) but that's life. At least it wasn't "Waterworld". I'll still see it, just because of the fine cast. And then I'll go see "Benchwarmers" afterwards for the same reason.

Edited by TheAussiePosse

Finished reading the book on Tuesday - just got back from seeing the film.

i enjoyed the book as a murder-mystery novel. of course i disagreed with the statements about Jesus & the Bible - but debating Brown on the Bible is foolish cuz it is too easy to prove that his facts are all screwed up - from a religious standpoint, an art standpoint, even a geography standpoint!

it's a work of fiction, and as a book & movie - i liked it. but - as a preacher, obviously i'll be preaching on the topic of the Bible & the Deity of Jesus in the next few weeks since it's going to be a hot topic for a while yet.

Im all in for X3-The Last Stand!!.... gunna be frickin sweet.

KOZED THATS THE FRIGGIN SWEETEST PICK I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!

Im all in for X3-The Last Stand!!.... gunna be frickin sweet.

KOZED THATS THE FRIGGIN SWEETEST PICK I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!

You mean the avatar?

http://spstudio.linda.hosting-friends.de/sp-studio.swf

I had to add the Habs jersey though...

Oh, by the way, I went to see "Over the Hedge" yesterday. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. Split me in half.

The squirrel "Hammy" is voiced by Steve Carell and is a riot. Just too crazy. I'm thinking of watching it again just for that.

Yeah, I saw a preview for Over The Hedge back when I saw....oh man, the last Harry Potter movie I think. Ever since I saw that, I've wanted to see it. I kinda want to see how Avril Lavigne does as a voice actor. :blink:

Uhhh... she plays a teenage possum. So she sounds "like, you know, like, a teenage possum, you know, chick, like?"

Haha, I shouldn't really of expected anything else. Sometimes she has this bored monotone voice though, it's annoying.

And Steve Carell friggin rules. <3 The Daily Show and <3 The Office.

After seeing the Da Vinci code last night, I should have spent my 10$ somewhere else (should have went to see Over the Hedge). I thought it was long, confusing and some parts boring. I mean in the end, they were trynig to extend the movie so many times. Let the thing end already - shouldn't be a 150 minute movie. The only good thing was choosing Tom Hanks, I thought he was the right guy to play his character.

I can see the big religion fuss about the movie (I didn't read the book) and this movie is obviously fictional.

After seeing the Da Vinci code last night, I should have spent my 10$ somewhere else (should have went to see Over the Hedge). I thought it was long, confusing and some parts boring. I mean in the end, they were trynig to extend the movie so many times. Let the thing end already - shouldn't be a 150 minute movie. The only good thing was choosing Tom Hanks, I thought he was the right guy to play his character.

saw it yesterday. didn't expect much and that's exactly what I got.

I really like the actors who played teebing and silas...awesome.

but as for tautou(at least she's a treat to look at lol) and hanks really not impressed.

a generous 5/10