Denis Savard For Associate Coach

zumpano21

Sportsnet is reporting interest on Carbonneau's part to hire Savard on as associate coach. He could be the 'missing' link in terms of offensive direction on this club.

Muller has also been rumored to be headed for the same position. If comparing directly though, I would have to go with Savard (more coaching experience, more offensive output during his career) and besides, the French media would just eat this up.

Sportsnet is reporting interest on Carbonneau's part to hire Savard on as associate coach. He could be the 'missing' link in terms of offensive direction on this club.

Muller has also been rumored to be headed for the same position. If comparing directly though, I would have to go with Savard (more coaching experience, more offensive output during his career) and besides, the French media would just eat this up.

As a huge, huge Savard fan I would love to see him over here, but from all the interviews I've seen him do, he seems really happy with the Hawks.

Is he under contract to the Hawks? If he is, then Wirtz isn't gonna just let him walk away for nothing. Muller was coaching Canadian university, if I remember correctly, so he probably has an out-clause for an NHL position, either as a head coach or an assistant. Either guy would be a great addition to the coaching staff though.

id' rather have muller as an assistant coach

he's also a part of the dallas connection !!

It would definitley be nice to have Robinson working with the organization. A guy like Mike Komisarek could really use some help from a coach like Robinson.

Either Savard or Muller would be excellent additions as well.

It would definitley be nice to have Robinson working with the organization. A guy like Mike Komisarek could really use some help from a coach like Robinson.

Either Savard or Muller would be excellent additions as well.

I don't think Robinson want to go back to the day-to-day grind of NHL coaching so soon.

I wouldn't mind Savard, I've been hoping for him to come to the Habs' coaching reigns since 2000.

My ideal would be Savard, Jarvis as assistants and hire Robinson as Defense Consultant, where he is an assistant coach for practices and works with the defensemen at home.

Me? :) :king:

Account suspended? If my memory is correct, is this because he presented himself as a real player?

Aside from that, whoever is the best for the position, I trust that Gainey, Carbonneau & co. will be given the wisdom to select him.

I have a sentimental favouritism for Kirk Muller. I was very upset by the way he was unceremoniously dumped by the Canadiens after his valuable contribution towards the 1993 Stanley Cup. He was a class player and a total blessing to the Canadiens organization. He deserved better - maybe even a leadership position in the team (ie. assistant coach or something like that).

But, bottom line, if Savard is a better choice, then give it to him.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Yeah I read something about him. New Jersey might be looking at him.

Hickey of the Gazette was saying he should be hired as Carbonneau stated he would prefer someone with experience coaching defensemen. Laperriere is and has been an assistant coach with Jersey for the last decade, they would have to lure him back.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

I have a sentimental favouritism for Kirk Muller. I was very upset by the way he was unceremoniously dumped by the Canadiens after his valuable contribution towards the 1993 Stanley Cup. He was a class player and a total blessing to the Canadiens organization. He deserved better - maybe even a leadership position in the team (ie. assistant coach or something like that).

But, bottom line, if Savard is a better choice, then give it to him.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I thought I heard an interview with Kirk Muller in which he said that he wanted to stay at Queen's and learn to coach for a few years. He acknowledged that he would like to coach in the NHL, and that he expected to hear from Gainey & Carbonneau but he wanted to wait a while. Did I dream this?

I thought I heard an interview with Kirk Muller in which he said that he wanted to stay at Queen's and learn to coach for a few years. He acknowledged that he would like to coach in the NHL, and that he expected to hear from Gainey & Carbonneau but he wanted to wait a while. Did I dream this?

Not a dream, that interview was on CBC when Muller was in the skybox with his puck bunny and Koivu. Could still happen but I am sure Carb is looking for a more experienced coach.