Question for Chris Higgins?

sakiqc

Our Prospect Editor will have an interview (probably Thursday) with Christopher Higgins. If you have a question you'd like Dan Linn ask to Higgins, post them here. Since he'll only ask 10 questions, he might not take every question posted here.

Well I use 10 questions as a benchmark. I will ask more, if he keeps his answers on the short side. I don't want these interviews to be too long, as I know the players are busy and don't have all day to talk to me.

Also, I will try and combine similiar quesitons, and I don't ask any personal quesitons.

I'd like to know

"What was the biggest/toughest adaptation you had to make when turning pro?"

"What were you studying at Yale University? And do you have something in mind for your after-hockey life?"

Originally posted by Habsaku

Heres mine:

Do you consider yourself a better center then left winger, are you comfortable in that position?

I actually saw him answer that question in training camp, he said he had also played LW during his career and had no problem playing either position.

He'd play wherever they needed him.

Of course hockey players are the masters of politically correct answers. I'm sure he does have a favorite position.

Instead of asking whether he's comfortable with both (he'll say yes)... I'd ask if he had to choose one, which one would it be. And even then he could wiggle out of it.

As for other questions:

- was he hoping to be called up this year or was he told they wanted to have him put in a full year in Hamilton?

- is there anyone in Hamilton, player or coach, who has taken him under his wing... and who does he hang out with more aside from Komi who isn't there anymore anyway.

- which of present Hamilton teammates has impressed him the most?... You often don't appreciate how good a player is until you play & practice with them every day.

- which aspects of his game has Jarvis asked him to work on?

Originally posted by FisherKing

New poster, on this board anyway, but I'd like to suggest this question to Dan for Higgins.

What impresses you (Higgins) most about Jarvis as a coach so far?

Hey FisherKing, glad you found this site, welcome aboard. I was told by Bulldogs management that Higgins would be contacting me tomorrow, but we'll see if it happens. :hlogo:

Hey FisherKing, glad you found this site, welcome aboard. I was told by Bulldogs management that Higgins would be contacting me tomorrow, but we'll see if it happens. :hlogo:

Thanks Dan. Well, I'm kinda like a submarine, ya never know where I'll pop up next or when. :lol: Anyway, been following your work closely on several boards. Great work. Keep it up. Red Fisher should be due to retire soon. The Habs might not be the only ones with new openings. Looking forward to the Higgs interview with great anticipation. I'm sure you'll do a bang up job. :/)

Cheers.

Originally posted by FisherKing

Thanks Dan. Well, I'm kinda like a submarine, ya never know where I'll pop up next or when. :lol: Anyway, been following your work closely on several boards. Great work. Keep it up. Red Fisher should be due to retire soon. The Habs might not be the only ones with new openings. Looking forward to the Higgs interview with great anticipation. I'm sure you'll do a bang up job. :/)

Cheers.

Thanks a lot. I'm glad to hear your still around here and there. I look forward to reading your posts here and at HF. :ghg:

I have a question , its related to what I heard from a post at HFboards...

"Chris , what do you have to say to people who think your a selfish player who hardly makes any passes?"

(Not my opinion at all... )

BTW , welcome to the site FisherKing

"We all know you are a hard worker and you have a good work ethic and that probably paid off a lot at camp... but, was it a big surprise for you to make the big team out of camp and play 2 NHL games early in the season?"

:ghg:

[Edited on 2003/11/28 by Higgsfan]

Chris, heres a hypothetical question, what if a certain player would keep charging the goalie non stop during a game, then he injured deliberatly your teams best player while you were on the ice, what would you do?

Would you pull us a Brisebois, or maybe a Rivet?

:lol: