Atlanta is looking for a RW

ch_nl

Bad timing. Audette is out and Atlanta is looking for a right winger.

If Audette was healthy i don't think it would be impossible to deal him to Atlanta. Pick up some salary and a verry late pick in return.

I really doubt Atlanta would make such deal.

What kind of player do they need? Power forvard for 3-4 line? or for the scoring one? Guess what...Odett can't do either job.Waste of space and money.

There is only one hope:Bob would buy him out following summer.

Originally posted by Richard

There is only one hope:Bob would buy him out following summer.

Either that... or maybe some team will be looking for a veteran when playoff time approaches. We all know teams like Toronto like bringing in veterans on their line up at trade dead line time. Oh well, let's just pray we can get rid of him. I have always been a fan of Audette before, but I do admit that he's kind of useless to the Habs.

[Edited on 2003/11/28 by Higgsfan]

Audette has scored before.

And the last time he did was in Atlanta.

Maybe Atlanta would give it a try. Take a look at Czerkawski. If Atlanta could get the same deal they may consider it?

Well to say Audette is simply crap isn't fair to the guy.

The fact is when we first traded for him he did great, getting him for Rucinsky looked like a steal.

Then his hand was nearly cut off, and although they did what they could to repair the damage... Audette himself has admitted there's a lot of things he can simply no longer do with the wirst he has now.

Audette's main quality was that he could score goals, now with his bad wrist he just can't finish like he used to.

You can't blame Audette because of that freak injury, and you can't blame Savard for acquiring him... before the injury it was a damn good trade. A UFA Rucinsky for Audette. Not only that, Savard had tried to acquire him as a UFA during the summer but Audette was asking for 4M per from the Habs. He eventually accepted 3M per to go to a Cup contender in Dallas... but Savard ended up landing him anyway, and at a discount.

That's the real Audette story.

As for trading him now, forget it. Everyone in the league knows he's damaged goods... as someone mentionned earlier our best hope is that Gainey will buy him out this summer.