HABS @ CAPS (Game Thread)

puck7x

Personally I think the habs played like garbage in the 1st , defensively anyways... our defense made tons of blunders (turnovers mostly) and were always being beaten to the puck by the hustling capitals forwards...

We're way too disorganized on the backend.

Komisarek looks fine in his limited play in the first , he made a bad breakout pass during his first shift that was intercepted , but after that he was fine... Got pretty physical with some of the caps (Pettinger one of them) in the corners... Komisarek handled them easily . Good to see.

:hlogo:

wow Souray 2 goals !! Woohoo

Nice to see Dagenais on scoreboard. He really look to have chemistry with Ribeiro.. that was a nice goal - RIbs cut Gonchar's pass to Jagr.. instantly pass to Dagenais, shot and scores !! wooo

Theo must think.. "what the **! Why aren't they scoring 2+ goals when i'm on net ?"

I dont think we played overly well too. Got dominated and played very poor defense, we are just fortunate that most of our chances were ending up in the back of the net.

Komi played very well IMO, was extremely physical in the corners, had to take one penalty late in the period when his man beat him, but other than that a pretty solid game for him.

Strangly, I'm not overexcited about our performance tonight. Nothing too impressive on defense, and the good old "dump and chase" on offense. Oh well, I guess we should happy our team scored 5 goals, because it won't come too often.

Notes:

* Komisarek had a great game. Played a mistake-free game, solid and accurate passes, no flashy plays, but safe plays. I like his thinking, he does the simple things that go unoticed by some fans but that are very appreciated by the management. I hope he keeps this up, he did pretty good with Souray tonight. I also noticed he used his size more than ever tonight. Everything he fought for the puck along the boards, the other guy went down. Great game, A1.

* The only thing the Bouillon-Rivet pairing created tonight is turnovers after turnovers. I don't think Bouillon was to blame on the two goals scored against him, but Rivet looked like a midget on Witt's goal. I know that's wishful thinking, but I do hope Q-Ball will take Rivet's spot tomorrow night.

* Dagenais did a fine job in front of Kolzig's net. You gotta give him credit on Souray's first goal. He's the one who set up all the play for Sheldon. Good overall game, wasn't a liability in his own zone.

* Something has to be done about Koivu's line. They did score a PP goal, so what? They've spent at least 2/3 of their ice time in their own zone, and created close to nothing expect for Ryder's PP goal. Ribeiro's line has been way more dominant tonight... and that's meaningful to me. Bulis should be brought on this line, to replace either Ryder or Zednik, preferably Zed as far as I'm concerned.

Originally posted by Higgsfan

* Dagenais did a fine job in front of Kolzig's net. You gotta give him credit on Souray's first goal. He's the one who set up all the play for Sheldon. Good overall game, wasn't a liability in his own zone.

Something else I noticed about Dagenais tonight was that he didnt play "soft" as he has been labelled , in fact he threw a couple of good hits while forchecking. Maybe Dagenais challanged himself to play more physical when he was called up to the habs ? Maybe he realizes this could be one of his last shots in the pros, and he knows he has to round out his game to stick around?... Hope so.

That line had instant chemistry , I was afraid that Perreault wouldnt fit in with Ribeiro-Dagenais right away , but it worked out well.

Sorry puck, I just didn't have the extra 20 minutes to change around the HTML...

About the game, did Juneau's line really deserve to play 4-6 minutes more than Koivu and Ribs' lines?

What are every one's opinions on Komisarek and Hainsey? They play a different game, that's for sure, but does one look particularily better than the other? It's too bad they're both not up with the big club.:)

Originally posted by jl.roberts

Sorry puck, I just didn't have the extra 20 minutes to change around the HTML...

About the game, did Juneau's line really deserve to play 4-6 minutes more than Koivu and Ribs' lines?

What are every one's opinions on Komisarek and Hainsey? They play a different game, that's for sure, but does one look particularily better than the other? It's too bad they're both not up with the big club.:)

Yeah actually tonight they did deserve to play more then the Koivu line (and maybe the ribs line) , the Koivu line had a (as usual) horrible night defensively , they could never get out of their own end , and were on the ice for a caps goal...

its alright about the game-thread , you dont even need to worry about posting it... I'd just like to know for which games you were posting it, so we can have something up on the board for when your not.

Originally posted by jl.roberts

I'm more than willing to create one for every game, but I'll definitely let you know when I'm unable. I'll have one up for tomorrow night's game against...the FLORIDA PANTHERS!

I'll be at that game , I'd write down my thoughts after the game , but I find it to be pointless since everyone is watching anyways :) , oh well if anything interesting happens off camera I'll let you guys know...

Hopefully I can sneak down into the reds and be able to get some good pics on my digi-cam , the pics I take from the blues are horrible...